Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 109
  1.    #81  
    Code:
    Bootload Start
     pmsys =0xA171A808
    !!!!!! Device has password set.  Type erase to erase all data and proceed !!!!!!
    
    HTC Sausalito Bootloader Version : BOOTLOAD V0.24 
    Built on Apr 14 2005 at 15:25:13
    Copyright (c) 2003 High Tech Computer Corporation
    
    ++Check BT Router
    USB>>
    USB>>mw
    Invalid command : mw
    
    For a help screen, use command ? or ?? or h
    USB>>
    Well this doesn't bode well. Off to get my brick back to life with TeraTermPro_WinCE_USB.zip; I don't recall setting a password. Haven't even had a chance to try the "Alltel" firmware yet.
  2.    #82  
    Code:
    USB>>erase
    FAT size=0x17C8000 Byte
    Write FATFS Offset add=0x0 Length=0x17C7000 Checksum=0x0
    Use N4 SPL: mount DiskOnChip
    firstSectorToUpdate =3
    ..............................................
    last sector =48131 ,sector count=565
    Write FATFS patition successfully
    Format FATFS partition....
    
    USB>>
    Life is back to normal. Just dumped my known working "minimal" ROM back onto the phone.

    I was hoping to be able to put the new blazer on since it's likely that it's more up to date than what we have, since Versamail was 3.1F.

    Do you guys want a custom ROM with just 3.1F on it or do you want to hold out and see what I'm able to do with the "Alltel" ROM and possibly a Fast-Mode Blazer?
  3.    #83  
    I've successfully flashed the "Alltel" firmware on the phone and have the phone booting. It is certainly quite different, the Hard-Reset menu looked much different.

    Versions:
    PalmOS: 5.4.8
    Web: 4.0
    Versamail: 3.1F

    The phone splash screen is the generic "Treo" screen. Powering up the phone causes a soft reset.

    I will test Blazer Fast Mode (to see if it'll reset-loop). If it does I'll then work on getting the PCS Phone working on this "Alltel" firmware.
    Last edited by cesium1024; 02/28/2006 at 09:54 AM.
  4.    #84  
    I'm unable to get Blazer FM working with the "Alltel" ROM. Without the ability to trap/determine the error the entire task becomes a guessing game. I've abandoned it.

    I've created a Sprint PCS 1.13a based custom ROM which includes Versamail 3.1F.

    * No Real Player
    * No language packs other than enUS.
    * No Get BC, Tutorial, Tips, etc
    * Versamail 3.1F including the server list from Versamail 3.1F [gMAIL supported]

    The ROM is 6.61MB and includes the PALM and ROM folders (everything you need to flash). These folders (both ROM and Palm) must be extracted to the root of the SD card, any existing PALM folder must be renamed to _PALM.

    The files are compress using RAR (http://www.winrar.com) and are spanned across two archives. The reason for this is that filehost.to has an upload limit on 5,000 Kb per file.

    From the phone run the RomUpdaterApp and type "rev cvt2" and press enter. Then type "ace" and press enter. The flash process will begin, do not interrupt it.

    If the checks/verify fail *DO NOT REBOOT THE PHONE*. You could "brick it" and you'll have to use some of the tools I've used to recover my bricked phone.

    The Custom ROM is located here, both files are necessary:
    http://www3.filehost.to/files/2006-0...imal.part1.rar
    http://www3.filehost.to/files/2006-0...imal.part2.rar

    Or use the alternate download location (if above isn't working)
    http://s1.upload.sc/request/f852a113...e260a97f93983c
    Last edited by cesium1024; 02/28/2006 at 02:34 PM.
  5. #85  
    So other than different server setups (gmail....) has any one found anyother differences?
    Has the "I'm not going to fetch for you anymore" been resolved. From the sounds of things it sounds like it is just a serverlist update is this true?
    There's always next year!
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt
    So other than different server setups (gmail....) has any one found anyother differences?
    Has the "I'm not going to fetch for you anymore" been resolved. From the sounds of things it sounds like it is just a serverlist update is this true?
    It's an entire application update that supports GMAIL, not just the server-list which is __MMServers_*.pdb (I'd imagine). Best I can tell (there is no changelog) is:

    Includes Versamail 3.1F, the latest version for the Treo 650 smartphone including an updated Mail Service (ISP) list which includes Gmail support
  7. #87  
    Thanks!
    The custom rom that you have created does it have the sprint info in it (pcs server info) I know you were trying to add to the file. I have a custom rom now and I would like to just remove all the versa files ( i am assuming the ones form post#1) and Replace them with the ones in your ROM file?
    Thanks for all your time work and bricking for such a noble cause
    There's always next year!
  8. #88  
    Has anyone using this had the fetching issue?
    There's always next year!
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt
    Thanks!
    The custom rom that you have created does it have the sprint info in it (pcs server info) I know you were trying to add to the file. I have a custom rom now and I would like to just remove all the versa files ( i am assuming the ones form post#1) and Replace them with the ones in your ROM file?
    Thanks for all your time work and bricking for such a noble cause
    No problem, I'm glad I could help a community that's given me a good amount in return. Yeah, follow Post #1, it's up to date, and you should be fine. It doesn't have the PCS info, I never did merge the files [oops, forgot].
  10. #90  
    I attached the file with the merged server info. in post #68.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I attached the file with the merged server info. in post #68.
    Thanks, sorry I missed that. I've updated Post #1.
  12. #92  
    Hehe, np.

    Anyway, dunno if it was the network being slow, my 650 being slow, or VersaMail not working, but I tried to send a ringtone via email and it just sat there with the little window showing it sending.

    I went to prefs., then to the sounds, then went to the ringtones and tapped on the manage button. After that, I chose one of the tones (the tones built into the 650) and chose to send it via VersaMail.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Hehe, np.

    Anyway, dunno if it was the network being slow, my 650 being slow, or VersaMail not working, but I tried to send a ringtone via email and it just sat there with the little window showing it sending.

    I went to prefs., then to the sounds, then went to the ringtones and tapped on the manage button. After that, I chose one of the tones (the tones built into the 650) and chose to send it via VersaMail.
    Mine sends find. Be sure to check the SSL option for the outgoing emails if you're using Gmail.

    Also, there is no seperate application or anything for GMail, just an updated server list (which happens to have the wrong settings).
  14. mg48's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024

    When I click the links to get the custom ROM files in post #84 shown above, it takes me to the upload page. I don't see the file to download. What am I missing?
    Mike G

    Touch (Sprint)
  15.    #95  
    Try a cut/paste:

    Code:
    http://www3.filehost.to/files/2006-02-28_03/170102_1.13A-SPCS_VM3.1F_Minimal.part1.rar
    http://www3.filehost.to/files/2006-02-28_03/170102_1.13A-SPCS_VM3.1F_Minimal.part2.rar
    If they still aren't working let me know. Perhaps your browser is mangling the links?
  16. mg48's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    #96  
    I tried copying and pasting right into my browser and it still takes me to the filehost.to
    Mike G

    Touch (Sprint)
  17. mg48's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    #98  
    That worked thanks!
    Mike G

    Touch (Sprint)
  18. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Mine sends find. Be sure to check the SSL option for the outgoing emails if you're using Gmail.

    Also, there is no seperate application or anything for GMail, just an updated server list (which happens to have the wrong settings).
    I do have the right settings for GMail, SSL and all. The only thing I had to add manually were the server port numbers for GMail (995 for incoming POP and 465 for outgoing SMTP). Everything else was correct. What problem are you having with the ""__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" file I attached?
  19. mg48's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    #100  
    I've read your directions in Post #84 and read Shadowmites instructions for flashing. I extracted all of the files in your zip straight to the root of my SD card. When I tap the rom updater it says no ROM image directory found. Installing from device. If I type in rev cvt2 and hit return it says unknown revision: Try: 0 files(s)

    If I need to do more reading of instructions just point me. I hate for you guys to have to hold my hand so much on this one.
    Mike G

    Touch (Sprint)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions