Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Exchange ActiveSync settings probably didn't come up because you replaced them (as you said in post #59).
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    The Exchange ActiveSync settings probably didn't come up because you replaced them (as you said in post #59).
    huh? Why wouldn't they come up?
    You said in post #59 that you replaced the Exchange ActiveSync stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    What I did was to replace the first listing (the Exchange ActiveSync listing) with the one from the Sprint file.
    Oh I see, you replaced the Exchange ActiveSync listing in the CWDY file with the Exchange ActiveSync listing from the SPCS file.
    I think that I got it. I was confusing myself with the Exchange ActiveSync because there are never any settings for that one. They are always entered manually.

The file is compiled in a way that cutting and pasting doesn't work. I tried cutting and pasting and also just changing the settings for one of the servers listed in the CWDY list and it didn't work. In order to get all 40 servers listed in the CWDY to come up, you've got to load the file without any changes.

It's not a big deal since the only one missing is SprintPCS.com and the settings are very easy to just enter on your own into a new email account.
    So if we don't need all of those preset email servers, do we even need the "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" file in ROM?
    So if we don't need all of those preset email servers, do we even need the "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" file in ROM?
    Don't know. The file is so small though that I'd just put it in anyway. The SPCS one is 6kb and the CWDY is 14kb.
    Ok, I took the ""__MMServers_CWDY.cpdb" file, opened it in notepad, copied everything from "2  mail.optusnet.com.au set" and on and pasted it into "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" over "2 " and the rest. It worked for me. I have VersaMail 3.1F and all the different email services / servers in the account setup drop down list.

I've attached the new "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ok, I took the ""__MMServers_CWDY.cpdb" file, opened it in notepad, copied everything from "2  mail.optusnet.com.au set" and on and pasted it into "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" over "2 " and the rest. It worked for me. I have VersaMail 3.1F and all the different email services / servers in the account setup drop down list.

I've attached the new "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" file.
    So this gave you what? A list of all the CWDY servers along with the SprintPCS server at the top of the list?

Edit: After trying your file, it didn't work at all. I'm back to the stock CWDY file and I've got the full list of servers, minus SprintPCS
    Last edited by 2000 Man; 02/27/2006 at 01:15 AM.
    Ok, after going through the list of files in my 650 in the Info. window, I see three other files that could be for Versamail (they have the same version number as the VersaMail that comes with the latest Sprint update (v3.1B). The three files are:

IIDataLib v.3.1B
    MIAttachLib v.3.1B
    MIDataLib v.3.1B
    Yup, they're part of VersaMail. I took the same files from the ROM I got v3.1F from, synced them to my 650, checked their versions and they were 3.1F as well.
  12.    #72  
    Ok, after going through the list of files in my 650 in the Info. window, I see three other files that could be for Versamail (they have the same version number as the VersaMail that comes with the latest Sprint update (v3.1B). The three files are:

IIDataLib v.3.1B
    MIAttachLib v.3.1B
    MIDataLib v.3.1B
    Thanks, updated FAQ/Howto
    There's also the following files:

IIDataLib_enUS
    MiAttachLib_enUS
    MIDataLib_enUS
    Cesium 1024, could you pretty please create a custom rom as indicated in your post #1? (Sprint 1.13a w/fat 32, and Versamail 3.1c, leaving out Real Player, Tutorial, files for languages other than english) I'll bless your first born child or favorite pet, whichever you prefer...or both????
    Cesium, when you have a chance add those files 2000_Man listed in post #73, to your list in post #1.
    Cesium, forget what I said if the child is going to be the one thrown into the sun.....
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by IEFesq
    Cesium, forget what I said if the child is going to be the one thrown into the sun.....

Sure, I'll put together a Custom ROM, give me a few minutes.
  18.    #78  
    Ok, I've built the ROM and am testing it now.

Fat32, No RealPlayer, No Tips/Non-EN Languages/GetBC/Tutorial/Etc, Versamail 3.1F with __MMServers_CWDY.cpdb [Server list] (From http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ater/cdma.html), Blazer from http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ater/cdma.html
    Last edited by cesium1024; 02/28/2006 at 08:35 AM.
  19.    #79  
    Odd, the Blazer version from the "Alltel" ROM produces the same reset loop. I'm going to try flashing my phone with the CDMA ROM from the "Alltel" ROM. Since this "Alltel" ROM is newer and if it works on a Sprint CDMA phone perhaps this means Blazer Fast Mode may be an option after-all.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I'm really looking forward to this custom ROM as well. Thanks for all your hard work guys.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast