Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    2000 Man, when you go to the standard Palm Launcher, then go to Menu -> Info., do you have to listings for "VersaMail"? I just installed a new ROM with 4.1F and mine shows two. One is 14K and the other is 712K. Also, it doesn't show GMail in the "Mail Service" drop down menu in account setup.
    I have two listed and each one is version 3.1F. I wonder if the smaller one has anything to do with the update file that we added which wasn't in cesium's original list?

I also don't see GMail in the drop down menu when you add a new account. cesium, is GMail listed in the 3.1E version?
  2.    #42  
    Nope, this is after a fresh hard reset after installing the new ROM with 3.1F. Also, one of the updates in the ROM containing 3.1F said that GMail support is supposed to be there, but it's not in the drop down menu in VersaMail's account setup.
    I didn't list the file but I believe __MM* is the file that seeds the Versamail account setup wizard, the ROM I was using is out on my work laptop [Win32] and I'm currently on my home laptop [Linux; Ubuntu 5.10].

Let me dig up the PDF for the file listing [dang, can't remember the URL], I believe the file is named:
    __MMServers.* where * is the extension; can't remember it

Because this file was not listed in the original post [my fault] I suspect that the reason you're not seeing GMAIL is because you're using the __MMServers from the Versamail 3.0 setup.
    You must be talking about the __MMservers_SPCS.cpdb It's listed in the master file list from Shadowmite's site.
    Ah ok, to get the updated email services / server updates, you'll need to somehow merge the "__MMServers_CWDY.cpdb" file with the one from your carrier's ROM. "__MMServers_CWDY.cpdb" is the one in the non-Sprint / non-Verizon CDMA firmware and it lists GMail in there. The one in the Sprint firmware, "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" doesn't list GMail.

Still trying to figure out why I have two Versamail's in the Info. window.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    You must be talking about the __MMservers_SPCS.cpdb It's listed in the master file list from Shadowmite's site.
    I am, I tried to find the filelist.pdf again but failed, thanks this was the file I was looking for. On my phone FileZ shows it as __MMServers so perhaps there is some type of naming conversion where the carrier specific name is dropped? Is there a corresponding __MMServers equlivent for the CNG/ROW ROM?
  6.    #46  
    Ah ok, to get the updated email services / server updates, you'll need to somehow merge the "__MMServers_CWDY.cpdb" file with the one from your carrier's ROM. "__MMServers_CWDY.cpdb" is the one in the non-Sprint / Verizon CDMA firmware and it lists GMail in there. The one in the Sprint firmware, "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" doesn't list GMail.
    When creating the custom ROM I'd drop the __MMServers_SPCS.cpdb and replace it with the __MMServers_CWDY.cpdb. It'd SWAG that only one __MMServers is parsed/enumerated and the __MMServers from the CNG/ROW ROM is likely [and it shows] to be more recent.

I'll update the FAQ/original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    When creating the custom ROM I'd drop the __MMServers_SPCS.cpdb and replace it with the __MMServers_CWDY.cpdb. It'd SWAG that only one __MMServers is parsed/enumerated and the __MMServers from the CNG/ROW ROM is likely [and it shows] to be more recent.

I'll update the FAQ/original post.

The CWDY one won't have the Sprint email server settings though. I wonder if there is a way to merge the SPCS (Sprint one) and the CWDY (the other CDMA one).
    I wonder if we should rename the __MMservers file to the SPCS name?
    I have two listed and each one is version 3.1F. I wonder if the smaller one has anything to do with the update file that we added which wasn't in cesium's original list?

I also don't see GMail in the drop down menu when you add a new account. cesium, is GMail listed in the 3.1E version?
    Yeah, both of mine show up as 3.1F as well. One being 14K and the other 712K.

I wonder if we should rename the __MMservers file to the SPCS name?
    We could, but then we wouldn't have our Sprint email server settings in the drop down list.
  10.    #50  
    I guess I could look at merging them but there are so many forum posts on how to set it up, isn't it just type POP3 and the SMTP settings have been posted before [SMTP auth with Vision username/password, etc?]

Code:
    luser@zd7000:~$ telnet pop.sprintpcs.com 110
    Trying 68.28.27.12...
    Connected to pop.sprintpcs.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    +OK lswsmmp01-POP3
    quit
    +OK goodbye
    Connection closed by foreign host.
    I could always look at doing some type of HexEdit on the __MMServers replacing the CNG/ROW servers/info with the PCS items but is it moot?
    I'm uploading a ROM now where I put the Sprint servers into the other one. I'm also leaving out the upgrade file to see if that changes having two versamails listed in the palm launcher.
    I'm uploading a ROM now where I put the Sprint servers into the other one. I'm also leaving out the upgrade file to see if that changes having two versamails listed in the palm launcher.
    Cool, let us know as soon as you're done.
    Addding the Sprintpcs exchange to the other file was very simple. I just copied and pasted from notepad. I also removed the update file that was in the 3.1F version and nothing seems to have changed. I still see two listings under the info option in the palm launcher.
    Hmmm... I think this may be normal for Sprint Treos then. I just fired up the CDMA Treo 650 simulator and it shows the same thing (two VersaMail listings in the info. window).

So you now see GMail in Versamail's account setup?
  15.    #55  
    Hmmm... I think this may be normal for Sprint Treos then. I just fired up the CDMA Treo 650 simulator and it shows the same thing (two VersaMail listings in the info. window).

Tell me more about this simulator, perhaps it can be used to trap the error messages relating to the Blazer Fast Mode resets so we can see what's causing the reset? Can you successfully emulate the PCS 1.13a ROM?

I'm guessing Win32 only right?

Sure do. It even has a little info screen about having to turn on POP3 inside of your Gmail account.

The MMupgrade_enUS file wasn't part of the original Sprint ROMs so I don't feel too bad about leaving it out. Nothing seems to have changed from removing it.
    Can you please show us how you edited the "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" file? Is it really as simple as copying the contents of "__MMServers_CWDY.cpdb" and pasting it at the end of "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" (all done in notepad)? Thanks again!

cesuim, you can get the simulator here (requires registration):

http://pluggedin.palm.com/regac/pluggedin/index.jsp

Yeah, looks like it's for a win32 environment only.
  18.    #58  
    I guess it's a plain-text ASCII file with CHR13+CHR10 LF's, I wish I was near my Win32 laptop and I'd be able to be more useful. Either way, looks like ya'll are doing a good job. Hopefully we'll be able to post a combined __MMServers_PSCS.cpdb file. Evidently the file is just a Palm database, perhaps he meant Memopad (instead of Win32 Notepad.exe?).
    Can you please show us how you edited the "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" file? Is it really as simple as copying the contents of "__MMServers_CWDY.cpdb" and pasting it at the end of "__MMServers_SPCS.cpdb" (all done in notepad)? Thanks again!

cesuim, you can get the simulator here (requires registration):

http://pluggedin.palm.com/regac/pluggedin/index.jsp

Yeah, looks like it's for a win32 environment only.
    No, not like that. You'll see that the options are all numbered. What I did was to replace the first listing (the Exchange ActiveSync listing) with the one from the Sprint file. I didn't bother messing with any of the other ones since I don't need them.

Also, I used notepad.
    Well, it didn't seem to work. My VersaMail still shows all of the old servers, though GMail is there. Also the Exchange ActiveSync settings don't come up. I'm not sure why.

I show all of the normal SPCS ones, along with GMail and Hotmail/MSN.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast