1.    #1  
    The most commonly uttered phrase that comes out of my mouth as I use my Treo 650 is "I'm sorry, I can't hear you, can you speak up?"

I've searched enough to know that it's not just my phone, but I'm not sure if ALL Treo 650s have a problem, or a batch of them, or if I need to have my ears cleaned. Has anyone else had and SOLVED this problem?

Thanks,

Jonathan
    Volumecare is the solution.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Volumecare is the solution.
    I heart you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan
    I heart you.
    LOL!

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan
    I've searched enough to know that it's not just my phone, but I'm not sure if ALL Treo 650s have a problem, or a batch of them, or if I need to have my ears cleaned. Has anyone else had and SOLVED this problem?
    This seems to have been a problem Palm and the carriers addressed, or tried to, as they went along. From my observations, Sprint users got hit with this the most. That probably has to do with Palm hearing a crapload of complaints in the 6 months before the device was available on another carrier. Most have reported the problem getting betetr and better through ROM upgardes so make sure you have the latest ones.

Personally I am not sure anymore what the phone sounds like as I always use a headset and with the Treo Wireless Headset and a Jabra ear gel, I have volume set at 2/7.

If the volume buttons don't help you (remember you have to hit the side button immediately after usin the rocker switch to set the volume you just picked), Jeff Gibson (GoTreo Software) wrote the "be all and end all" of phone volume tweaking porgrams with Volume Care.