1.    #1  
    I have a Verizon 650 and was curious how often the data connection should go active, meaning the arrows turn green and the orange led comes on.

my phone seems to go active every 30-90 seconds and i am losing quite a bit of calls to voicemail.

I only have one Imap set up in push mode and have effecient sync checked.

If I make a log will I be able to tell how often chatter tries to connect, or will i have to send it to marc for him to read it?
    You should send me the log (preferably with the "bug" command in the Console)... My guess is that you have a "noisy" server (a server that sends data every two minutes, regardless of need). This can be a real nuisance on CDMA phones (Verizon/Sprint) and cause many calls to go to voicemail.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    You should send me the log (preferably with the "bug" command in the Console)... My guess is that you have a "noisy" server (a server that sends data every two minutes, regardless of need). This can be a real nuisance on CDMA phones (Verizon/Sprint) and cause many calls to go to voicemail.

Marc

I read the FAQ and will send you a bug report tomorrow. FWIW i am using fastmail.

out of curiousity, what ballpark range should i be seeing ideally?

Also i noticed just now that even when i shutdown chatter the data still goes active, although less fequently. should the data go active even if no apps that use data are running?
    I use FastMail and haven't had any problems...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I don't think it should, but it might depend on the carrier.

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Verizon thinks it was a problem with my handset, and are sending me a new one.

we shall see. I hope it works out.
    Let us know...

-m