Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I have searched and really never found a definitive answer on this but, after getting my carrier db to 255 my cc-cap is still blank. Does this matter, if so what steps should I take to correct it?

    Thanks,
    Maz
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazorax
    Ok, I have searched and really never found a definitive answer on this but, after getting my carrier db to 255 my cc-cap is still blank. Does this matter, if so what steps should I take to correct it?

    Thanks,
    Maz
    Are you using a Mac or PC?
  3.    #3  
    PC
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazorax
    PC
    You need to run the Palm updater to get all the tokens updated. This will fix CC-Cap. Then, if your willing to customize it, you can create a custom ROM using the beta ROM tool found at the following link:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...00&postcount=1

    If you don't want to risk creating your own, there are plenty of pre-built customized ROMs here on TC which don't require much expertise.
  5.    #5  
    Well, that's the strange thing I have ran all the way through the PALM updater then when all was correct I used mmastrac's updater tool (Actually worked with mmastrac today to resolve some issues I was having in the beta). After I ran the tool my carrier db went down to 249. I installed the two files I found on this site to get that back to 255 but the cc-cap has remained blank since.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazorax
    Well, that's the strange thing I have ran all the way through the PALM updater then when all was correct I used mmastrac's updater tool (Actually worked with mmastrac today to resolve some issues I was having in the beta). After I ran the tool my carrier db went down to 249. I installed the two files I found on this site to get that back to 255 but the cc-cap has remained blank since.
    Interesting. . .Thanks for indicating that. The tool is still in beta, and on a daily basis changes are being made. A tokenwriter is in the works which will not only prevent this, but potentially be able to fix this. It's anticipated release is about a week. Missing CC-Cap is not critical and shouldn't hinder using the Treo. I would suggest checking back over the next couple of days to a week.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, will do. Thank you! Just one more stupid question. What the heck is the cc-cap anyways?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazorax
    Ok, will do. Thank you! Just one more stupid question. What the heck is the cc-cap anyways?
    Carrier Profiles. Settings for different service providers.
  9. #9  
    I was away awhile,
    I am Glad to hear that I'm Not the only one,
    I have been PM'ing James, about a similar concern.
    I would really like this NewTool to allow us to Make a Custom,
    swith the RomUpdaterApp. to 7.1,
    run all the way thru, and
    Have 255 w/ the cc-cap populated.
    I sure some will post that they are having no problems.
    But Matts still in Beta,
    And I think there has to be a way for this to be resolved.
    I will go find my notes and Post back.
    Just call me Berd.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I was away awhile,
    I am Glad to hear that I'm Not the only one,
    I have been PM'ing James, about a similar concern.
    I would really like this NewTool to allow us to Make a Custom,
    swith the RomUpdaterApp. to 7.1,
    run all the way thru, and
    Have 255 w/ the cc-cap populated.
    I sure some will post that they are having no problems.
    But Matts still in Beta,
    And I think there has to be a way for this to be resolved.
    I will go find my notes and Post back.
    Another solution in the works is the ability for the ROM tool to repartition the Treo ROM to the size of the ROM being uploaded. This will eliminate the need to use a particular ROM updater & the limits of only a couple sizes to choose from.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazorax
    Well, that's the strange thing I have ran all the way through the PALM updater then when all was correct I used mmastrac's updater tool (Actually worked with mmastrac today to resolve some issues I was having in the beta). After I ran the tool my carrier db went down to 249. I installed the two files I found on this site to get that back to 255 but the cc-cap has remained blank since.
    What is of most importance for you at this time?
    Because i have spent 2 days tying to resolve this issue.
    Because if you Just want a custom Rom, and have both 255 and the CC-Cap: populated w/ "ENA-ENA-001"
    Then until Matt gets his tool farther along, you could do what I did.
    Just Run the Official Updater all the way thru as U did before to get the Tokens Updated the way U want.
    Then Go get one of James' Customs
    Install as per his included instructions,
    And u should be good to go.
    For myself, I have tried every which way to make the RomUpdaterApp.prc change to 7.1 and it always forces me back to 249.
    Like Cranium said the Tool is in Beta,
    And the thing he said matt is working on, as far as an adjustable partition sounds too cool.
    So if you just want a Custom u might just go the route I mentioned above for now.
    Also James told me he has 255 but his CC-Cap isn't populated and everything is fine. So it seems to just be a token update issue, in the internal workings everything seems to be fine.
    Just call me Berd.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    What is of most importance for you at this time?
    Because i have spent 2 days tying to resolve this issue.
    Because if you Just want a custom Rom, and have both 255 and the CC-Cap: populated w/ "ENA-ENA-001"
    Then until Matt gets his tool farther along, you could do what I did.
    Just Run the Official Updater all the way thru as U did before to get the Tokens Updated the way U want.
    Then Go get one of James' Customs
    Install as per his included instructions,
    And u should be good to go.
    For myself, I have tried every which way to make the RomUpdaterApp.prc change to 7.1 and it always forces me back to 249.
    Like Cranium said the Tool is in Beta,
    And the thing he said matt is working on, as far as an adjustable partition sounds too cool.
    So if you just want a Custom u might just go the route I mentioned above for now.
    Also James told me he has 255 but his CC-Cap isn't populated and everything is fine. So it seems to just be a token update issue, in the internal workings everything seems to be fine.
    I would suggest not rushing people to fix the problem. Many people are reporting confusion & scattered results. Whatever is done now could very likely be obsolete here soon and waiting can help to avoid much of the confusion for the general public. Reason I say this is cause I'm helping Matt with the code (debugging code as we speak) and another project I'm working on is solving CC-Cap in 1.20 so it can be implemented in the tool. Many changes are in the works to simplify the end result for the user.
    Last edited by CraniumFunk; 02/23/2006 at 09:47 AM.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    I would suggest not rushing to fix the problem. Many people are reporting confusion & scattered results. Whatever is done now could very likely be obsolete here soon and waiting can help to avoid much of the confusion for the general public. Reason I say this is cause I'm helping Matt with the code (debugging code as we speak) and another project I'm working on is solving CC-Cap in 1.20 so it can be implemented in the tool. Many changes are in the works to simplify the end result for the user.
    Thanks,
    I had basically given up on using this Tool until this is resolved
    For now I'm Just Fine, I have 255, and CC-cap is populated.
    Just call me Berd.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Another solution in the works is the ability for the ROM tool to repartition the Treo ROM to the size of the ROM being uploaded. This will eliminate the need to use a particular ROM updater & the limits of only a couple sizes to choose from.

    YESSsssss!!
  15.    #15  
    Sounds good guys. I'm sure at some point today I will try a different rom or something. I just can't seem to stop . Thanks for all the responses!

    Maz,

Posting Permissions