Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I installed the trial version of Backupman and get a message that the handheld device is full and it soft reboots after completing the backup.

    My Verizon Treo has about 5.5M free, most data is on an SD card. I use Backupbuddy but the ability to have mulptiple backup sets (Backupman offers this) is desireable.

    When I reported this, I received:

    "This issue can be caused by any program that patches the handheld, some examples are Butler, TextPlus, ClipPro, pToolSet, MegaLauncher, and Fonts4OS5. Removal of those (or any similar) programs and the problem will go away."

    I do use Butler v3.28 and dont want to do without it. Does anyone else have a similar problem, and does anyone know if Butler 3.41 (newer version) causes the same problem?

    Bob
  2. #2  
    I use BackupMan and Butler without any problems...

    Hmm.
  3. #3  
    I use resco backup with butler with no problems at all... ever.

    Backs up every night... does multiple backups too.

    I also restore often since I have 3 treos with various software and hardware hacks.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  4.    #4  
    Downloaded Resco backup and I get the same error. I have 5.5MB free on the Treo and 300MB free on the SD card. BackupBuddy VFS works fine, just doesnt allow sets.

    Wonder what the issue is, error msg only says storage on the handheld is full and then a soft re-boot.

    Sucks.
  5. #5  
    I have/had backupbuddy and backupman installed along with Butler. Both would always reset at the end. From what I could tell this was just an annoyance as the backup did take and I was able to restore from it. I can't say if the problem was related to Butler per se or other apps and it occured with my 1.12a ROM and 1.13a custom-minimal rom.

    Either way, I've gone to Resco Backup and I don't have that problem with it (the self-locking feature I think helps) and just does a faster job of backing up, IMO.
  6.    #6  
    Funny, I am OK with Backupbuddy, but get the reset after completion with Backupman and Rescoe.
  7. #7  
    I use both Resco Explorer and Backupman with Butler and I do not get a memory issue. It might be possible you have a program running that is taking up a lot of your cache memory. When my cache runs low I get a memory error with Resco Explorer. But a reset usually fixes it. Maybe you have something that autoruns after reset. Try using MemoryInfo to check your dbcache.


    As far as those with resets after backing up. You have either corrupted software or database. I use to get the same thing for both Backupman and Resco Explorer. I believe my issue was corrupted Savedfiles or Unsaved Files. I restored from a back up but did not include those 2. After restore I backed it up and did not get a reset. Had to go through and enter all my registry and settings all over however.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the reply. I did a hard reset and reloaded my apps this past weekend. I am suspicious about your conclusion since the device works great normally and BackupBuddy VFS works just fine. I use Goodlink and am on the Treo a lot, it's been pretty rock solid.

    I may just live with the soft resets, no real harm, but it bugs me!

    Thanks again,
    Bob
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I use both Resco Explorer and Backupman with Butler and I do not get a memory issue. It might be possible you have a program running that is taking up a lot of your cache memory. When my cache runs low I get a memory error with Resco Explorer. But a reset usually fixes it. Maybe you have something that autoruns after reset. Try using MemoryInfo to check your dbcache.


    As far as those with resets after backing up. You have either corrupted software or database. I use to get the same thing for both Backupman and Resco Explorer. I believe my issue was corrupted Savedfiles or Unsaved Files. I restored from a back up but did not include those 2. After restore I backed it up and did not get a reset. Had to go through and enter all my registry and settings all over however.
    Thanks for the tip, as I'm having the same problem with BUM and Butler. Do you mean Saved and Unsaved Preferences?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ae1m
    I may just live with the soft resets, no real harm, but it bugs me!
    Thanks again,
    Bob
    I use the BackupbuddyVFS with butler and have never had a soft reset after backing up, only rarely when going to a web site. I don't know how you live with soft resets, my heart skips a beat everytime because I'm afraid it's going to be a hard reset. Luckily I haven't had any since the 1.04 upgrade on Verizon.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Thanks for the tip, as I'm having the same problem with BUM and Butler. Do you mean Saved and Unsaved Preferences?
    Yes. I wasn't sure which one so I just picked both. Mind you this is what fixed mine so I cannot guarantee these 2 are what's corrupted in your Treo. However, symptoms are identical: After my reset it still saves the back up and can restore from it no problem.
  12. #12  
    <moved>
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  13. #13  
    Are you sure you have enough space on the SD card?

    I ran into a problem where that happened to me because the SD card was nearly full.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  14.    #14  
    As I stated, there is 300MB free on a 1GB card.

    I think that's enough. The Treo has 5.5MB free.


    Bob

Posting Permissions