1.    #1  
    I just got a Cingular 2125. I had synced all my contacts with my pc. Then I downloaded Goodlink and it basically wiped out all my Outlook contacts.

What is weird is that when people call me, their names show up in Caller ID, so I know that the outlook contact info is still in the phone, but I have no way to access.

This sucks because essentially, Goodlink has wiped out my phonebook for my phone.

I've seen workarounds for this for the Palm OS is there anything for Win Mobile?

This is a huge problem and I am close to getting rid of Goodlink altogether since I am not going to type in every one of my contacts again.

This kind of defeats the purpose of a "smart" device.

Anyone have suggestions?
    Your Outlook contacts are in the Good contacts.

I must misunderstand something.
  3.    #3  
    Essentially Goodlink adds the contacts from my corporate server, which are the other employees in my company.

However, on my home PC (I work from home), I have hundreds of customers contact information in my outlook contacts.

When I synced my new phone to my home PC, I then had all that information in my phone. This was awesome as it stored email, fax, phone, mobile, etc.

Goodlink covered up all that information although I know it is still there and since I call primarily my customers, I now have no access to their numbers. This is a real prob.
    GoodLink does not sync your Global Address List. It syncs the contacts that are stored in Outlook that are stored on Exchange. If you have a separate contacts folder in Outlook that is storing the contacts on your home PC, those won't sync as they are stored on the desktop. You could export those and import them into your Outlook Contacts at work and they will Sync.

When you go to the Good contacts, and click on the folders, what shows?
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for Goodguy for all the info offline.

Here is what I figured out and i will tell you that Goodlink on the Cingular 2125 phone is a VERY tough combination to beat.

To recap my situation, I work from my home. As such I have a stand alone computer on which I keep all my non coworkers contacts such as customers, etc.

When I originally synced my desktop to my phone and hit contacts it brought up my contacts from my desktop. After downloading Goodlink, pressing Contacts brought up only my corporate contacts (those on the server at our company).

What I figured out on the 2125 is pretty goofy, but still works. From the home page, press the "start" key. At the next screen press the "more" key. There will be another "contacts" option on that menu. For whatever reason that contacts option leads to all my contacts that I synced from my desktop.

The only problem I have with this set up is one is it kind of a pain to get to my phonebook this way since I use my desktop contacts as my phonebook and two this has jacked up my speed dial selections.

The way I addressed the speed dial issues is by then going into the Goodlink contacts and setting up a few new contacts in the Personal folder. It is redundant, but gets the job done and I only had about six speed dial numbers anyway.

Hope this helps someone else. I have to give this phone and Goodlink two huge thumbs up. It is a tiny phone that packs a powerrful punch for a mobile professional.
    Glad to hear you got it all worked out and thanks for the feedback on manipulating the Good Contacts on the 2125.
    This sounds like a problem I have too. I got the 2125, voice dial worked as I added voice tags to the phones contact list and double pressed the volume buttons. Then I loaded Goodlink. And now voice dial does not work. The Alert Screen does not appear. I have talked to Cingular and Goodlink support. I have reset the phone. I have downloaded new software. I have even replaced the phone. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I am not impressed with Goodlink. Don't want to hijack this thread but am using it with a Cingular 8125 (I was a Palm person for 10 years - and have owned the entire Treo series - except for the 700w). I recently installed Goodlink on my new 8125 - historically used IMAP with Treo to access Exchange. I too am having the same issues with the two contact lists. I do not like that the application assumes that its the only thing you want to use the phone for. VERY sloppy programming. Actually the processor is already slow on this phone. Application crawls on the Cingular 8125. Goodlink folks should offer a fix / will look for a reg hack maybe to correct this issue.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC
    I am not impressed with Goodlink. Don't want to hijack this thread but am using it with a Cingular 8125 (I was a Palm person for 10 years - and have owned the entire Treo series - except for the 700w). I recently installed Goodlink on my new 8125 - historically used IMAP with Treo to access Exchange. I too am having the same issues with the two contact lists. I do not like that the application assumes that its the only thing you want to use the phone for. VERY sloppy programming. Actually the processor is already slow on this phone. Application crawls on the Cingular 8125. Goodlink folks should offer a fix / will look for a reg hack maybe to correct this issue.
    Did you really need to double post this whine?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...537#post947537
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!