Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    Marc,

    I know that Chatter was designed for IMAP, I have to use POP. I have changed some of my thinking in regards to email and find Chatter to make email on my Treo work very very well. But because of POP I find I need to delete messages from just my Treo quite a bit. The Delete From Treo Only works great, but it is a little cumbersome to open the message then menu scroll etc., for each message. How possible would it be to add a single button option for this? Or a Menu -> [X]. I would want this from the Summary screen and/or Mailbox view. I would assume other POP users would find this useful as well.

    Thanks Again
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  2. #2  
    Useful is an under statement. Marc it realy would be great!
    There's always next year!
  3. #3  
    Yeah, I hear you.

    Marc
  4. #4  
    I cant even find the delete from treo only option, where the hell is that?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I cant even find the delete from treo only option, where the hell is that?
    Open the message, then menu.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  6. #6  
    There's no good POP3 way of handling this currently, but there will be soon.

    Marc
  7.    #7  
    You have me intrigued and excited.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Open the message, then menu.

    There is no delete from treo only option under menu, unless it's because am in trial. I actually lost a important e-mail yesterday because of this.

    I gave up on chatter and POP it's just not designed for that. If you have a 1000 e-mails on the server and have it set to retrieve 20 messages and there isn't 20 NEW messages it will go retrieve old messages that were read already.

    Now with IMAP it works much better, I use it with fastmail and not everyone.net because everyone.net doesn't offer scheduled pop retrieval. I also don't see on everyone.net where you can use your own domain name.
  9.    #9  
    Thank You Marc!!!!
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  10. #10  
    I've been bugging Marc about this for a while. It would be great if one could use the space bar to mark messages and have them "delete from treo only" as a group (if outside the sync period for IMAP users). I think something like this might be on Marc's list of future projects, but he told me it will not be on the upcoming release.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    There's no good POP3 way of handling this currently, but there will be soon.

    Marc
    Huh? How do you figure. I've been using SnapperMail (which is giving me other problems, which is why I'm trialing Chatter), and I can delete messages from the Treo without touching messages on the server. And I can delete them without having to open the message first.

    In fact, it seems to me what you've said above is exactly backwards. Deleting a message on the Treo won't have any impact on the server unless Chatter sends a notification back to the server to delete the message. Otherwise, the server doesn't even know the message has been deleted.

    Aside from that, I don't see a "Delete from Treo Only" option. I've opened a message, and checked all the menu options, and it's not there. I could probably put up with having to open the menu to delete from treo only, but Chatter is worthless to me if this option doesn't exist at all.

    Where is this option supposed to be?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Huh? How do you figure. I've been using SnapperMail (which is giving me other problems, which is why I'm trialing Chatter), and I can delete messages from the Treo without touching messages on the server. And I can delete them without having to open the message first.

    In fact, it seems to me what you've said above is exactly backwards. Deleting a message on the Treo won't have any impact on the server unless Chatter sends a notification back to the server to delete the message. Otherwise, the server doesn't even know the message has been deleted.

    Aside from that, I don't see a "Delete from Treo Only" option. I've opened a message, and checked all the menu options, and it's not there. I could probably put up with having to open the menu to delete from treo only, but Chatter is worthless to me if this option doesn't exist at all.

    Where is this option supposed to be?
    I know on my Yahoo account, if I delete it from the TREO it most definitely deletes it from the server.
  13. #13  
    The latest beta has Delete on Treo Only for POP3 accounts.

    Marc
  14. #14  
    On an earlier beta there was a "delete from treo only" for IMAP if the message was outside the sync period. Has that ability now been removed? If so, one still has a problem if you keep messages on treo outside of the sync period, as there is now no way to get rid of them (or reduce the size of the buildup) without deleting from them server (even though it presumably outside of the sync period). Thus, keeping messages on the Treo outside the sync period cannot be done for too long before one must rebuild the mailbox (which is what I end up having to do every few months...)
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
  15. #15  
    There shouldn't be anything new with IMAP; the recent changes were only for POP3. I'll have to look at it.

    Marc
  16. #16  
    Marc,

    Check out this thread where we discussed this topic and you made agreed with the problem and started to work on it...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101679
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I know on my Yahoo account, if I delete it from the TREO it most definitely deletes it from the server.
    Not with Snappermail.

    I've got a Yahoo POP3 account, and with Snapper I can delete all I want without affecting the Yahoo inbox at all.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    The latest beta has Delete on Treo Only for POP3 accounts.

    Marc
    Thanks. I'll download the beta and try it out. (I assume the beta is public?)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  19.    #19  
    Marc,
    Not sure if this is the best place for this but this is where I started so I will just post it here.

    First off thanks the delete from Treo is great. Works very very well. I have one thing that I think will make it just a touch better. From Summary or Mailbox view you select Message View. From there you can menu->T. The message is deleted but still showing. Can it go back to the Message or Summary view like delete does?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  20. #20  
    I don't think you have to open the message to "delete from Treo" . You can click on the envelope next to the message and it will pop up in the dropdown "delete treo"...

    Correct Marc?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions