1.    #1  
    Hi,

Searched, but could not find.

Do you know of any escalating ringtones? Ones that start off silent and get increasingly louder?

This could be a good all-purpose ring tone. In meetings, I could silence the phone before it got too loud. When the phone is not near, or in a noisy environment, I would have a better chance of hearing the ring.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertone
    Hi,

Searched, but could not find.

Do you know of any escalating ringtones? Ones that start off silent and get increasingly louder?

This could be a good all-purpose ring tone. In meetings, I could silence the phone before it got too loud. When the phone is not near, or in a noisy environment, I would have a better chance of hearing the ring.

Thanks.
    All I know of is s/w managed.
    MRing, and maybe others.
    Just call me Berd.
    TreoGuard also does increasing ringtones.
    Or you can use Audacity (free sound editor) on a PC/Mac to make your own custom ringtone escalation.
    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    TreoGuard also does increasing ringtones.
    Or you can use Audacity (free sound editor) on a PC/Mac to make your own custom ringtone escalation.
    Make your Own, DUH!
    Never thought about that
    Thats Audacious!
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the tips, appreciated.

Yes, I could make my own. It's just that this was one area where I was hoping for a quick and easy solution. There are a lot of times I'm willing to roll up my sleeves and do the work, but to be honest, this wasn't one of them!

I will check into the software solutions though.
    I use Phone Technician to accomplish this.
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/Phon...ician_more.php
    I wish Phone Technician could do it *WITHOUT* restarting the song.. That's just dumb.. Unless I'm missing something, I have yet to find a way to get it to do this without repeating, which doesn't work if you're using an mp3 unless you make it loop.

EDIT: Apparently it's just me that's retarded. Setting it to play "only once" and clicking "volume increases" works fine; I have it set to repeat every 1s and the volume keeps getting louder.