Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Trying to find a reliable solution to attach Treo 650 to my motorcycle's handlebar, intend to use it as GPS with TomTom, just like I use in my car.
    Haven't been able to find a handlebar holder for it, would appreciate your help if you've seen any.
    Thanks
    ProClip has a handlebar mount.
  3.    #3  
    I am using the ProClip Treo holder in my car, which is great for the car, but I think Treo will fly out of it on the first bump if used on a motorcycle.
    If I could only find a good secure Treo holder that I could be bolted to that ProClip mount...
    The mounting holes are standard, so if you find a locking device mount, then you should be able to bolt it to the handlebar mount. They do have adjustable clamp-type holders for the iPOD and other devices.
    Try these guys:

http://www.ram-mount.com/
    Also Google is your friend:

Googley
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreth
    ProClip has a handlebar mount.
    I have the cradle that it shows for the Treo, although mine is on a windshield mount. Its not a bad cradle at all and has a pretty tight grip, but I'm not sure I would trust it on a motorcycle. If you hit a large enough pot hole going fast I can see it flying off. Also, the side clips will actually press on the side key so when you pinch it closed it will always launch whatever you have assigned to it. After it launches the assigned program it seems to work normally, its just an added little annoyance. I could probably cut a portion of the foam to stop it from doing that, but I just haven't gotten around to it.
    Hit an obstacle with an otterbox and the Treo will surely survive you

http://www.otterbox.com/products/pda_cases/
    I found a small Joe Rocket tank bag that has a cell phone pocket on top. The window for the screen is a bit too small, and placed to high to actually see all of the Treo's screen, but I plan to remedy that. With the pocket zipped up the Treo is safe and secure, and I don't have anything extra hanging off of my handlebars!
    Quote Originally Posted by grigory76
    Trying to find a reliable solution to attach Treo 650 to my motorcycle's handlebar, intend to use it as GPS with TomTom, just like I use in my car.
    Haven't been able to find a handlebar holder for it, would appreciate your help if you've seen any.
    Thanks
    This is what I am using on my Honda Goldwing for TOMTOM GPS:

http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=759

Its a piel frama case that has a strong suction cup mount that uses a lever to create the suction. I use it on the windshield, but you can mount it to the gas tank too or any non-porous surface. It has a sunshield made of leather with a metal insert that you mold around the Treo.

The suncreen provides acceptable shade for the screen in bright sunshine.

You can position it close to your helmet with the adjustable arm. Mine is positioned directly in front of my helmet so I need only glance straight down while looking ahead at the road. I would say it is in a similar position to holding in my hand in front of my face.

It is a little pricey, and required a little modification to be a strong fit to my case b/c I keep it in a crystal case with a belt clip post. However, it is a good solution.

Watchout for the whiteheads and keep the rubber side down!

Regards,
    Tony
    I don't think anything is strong enough to hold a motorcycle to your Treo.
    ;-)
    Geez, I ride a motorcycle too, but I don't know that I'd rely on a suction cup holder for something as valuable as a Treo. I tried a suction cup mount for my EZ Pass and found it gradually lost it's suck. I'd definitely add a safety wire to the Treo if tried this method.

Do you ever ride in the rain? If so, don't with the Treo unless you have it mounted in a waterproof case.

I'd seriously consider shopping for a used Garmin or Tom Tom GPS for motorcycle use. Waterproof and vibration resistant, designed to be used with gloves, bigger display. I use a Garmin 2610, and love it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Hey Meyerweb, I live in Fairfax too, North Springfield, specifically. What are you riding?

I was skeptical about the mount too, but, after using it, my fears were allieved. The suction cup is very large, maybe 3" across. Hard to remove without disengaging the mechanical lever that creates the suction. Moreover, behind the Goldwing's windscreen, the buffetting and vibration is minimal, even at speed.

BTW, one other cool thing about the Goldwing and the Treo is you can hear the turn by turn directions in the helmet via the Wing's audio system auxillary input cable. I can use Pocketunes for music that way too, and simultaneoulsy with the GPS.

Be happy to show in person if your interested.

Regards,
    Tony

P.S. Whats my wife doing on that motorcycle?
    Last edited by rinkeedink; 07/14/2006 at 01:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Old thread, but thought I'd chime in. I have a small magnetic tank bag, put the Treo in the center pocket, TomTom Navigator 6 GPS bluetooth receiver in left side pocket, and I'm set for long trips (I ride a 2005 Suzuki C50T). Pic attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I didn't know they made treo motorcycles much less a holder for one!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I mount my Treo 650 on a Ram Mount attached to my motorcycle handlebar, mostly to use my TomTom Navigator 6 GPS on long trips and sometimes to listen to MP3 on Pocket Tunes thru stereo headphones. The Treo is pretty secure on the cradle even over rough roads at high speeds, the top set of claws are spring loaded and grap the Treo pretty tightly. My Tom Tom GPS bluetooth receiver stays in my saddle bag or windshield bag with good signal strength to the phone and satellites. I move the Treo and GPS receiver often between my car and motorcycle. Attached are pics of the GPS in action on my Treo on my motorcycle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by magic25; 07/31/2007 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I didn't know they made treo motorcycles much less a holder for one!
    i was thinking the same thing! must be one big AS* holder.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    How do you guys power the treo???
    Seido GPS holder provides power and GPS service.
    Krussell makes one. It's like any clamp that goes around the handle bar. You would also need a Krussel case. Idea is: The Krussell case and associated clip, clips into the handlebar holder.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast