1.    #1  
    I installed Ringo Pro (the latest version, 4.44?) and everytime I send a text message, it plays the tone. Is there a setting that im missing to not play the tone on sent messages?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I get the same thing and so far have not found a way to turn this off. Do you have a VZW 650?
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  3.    #3  
    Yes I have the Treo 650 with Verizon. I also get some random text message tones, just out of the blue.
    that app has been buggy since they first released it. Many here just don't use it anymore, it was notorious for playing extended tones and causing resets.
  5.    #5  
    is there a better app for mp3 ringtones??
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Not that I have found and I have tried them all, they all seem to have their own issues, if its crashing the phone or if its not ringing or something. I recommend using a wav file or a AMR file , just using the native file types for tones. I use Winamp to make the wav file, and Windows Audio Recorder to edit, then just bluetooth it over or send it in an email. Works great!
    I have had the older version for the past year and upgraded to 4.4 2 weeks ago, I havent had any problems with it. No resets at all on my phone in months either... Maybe RIngo is conflicting with some other app on your phone?

I used lightwav before and had multiple resets and it would also PLAY the mp3 while i was on the phone and I got a call through call waiting... lightwave was very buggy for me and many others... What other apps do you have installed?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  8.    #8  
    the program seems to be working fine (no resets or freezing), its just playing the sms tone after I send messages. I guess I can live with it...just kinda annoying.

As far as loading my mp3's, I use the palm application to load them onto my sd card. "iramike" mentioned bluetoothing them over or emailing them to myself. Is that necessary? Sorry if these are n00b questions, but it is what I am.

Thanks again!

Jin
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    It is just another option to use other than the installer. the nice thing with bluetooth is if you are just using a wav file when you send it over bluetooth the Treo know what you are doing and stores it accordingly.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.