Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I ordered a treo650 last night through an account representative for Cellular One. Apparently they do not offer insurance on this product because of it's cost.

Does anyone know of a way to insure a treo650 other than going directly through their mobile carrier? I have quite bad luck when it comes to phones and insurance has always been a requirement for me. Unfortunately Cellular One is the only GPRS carrier in my area, and 1x networks just don't cut it.

On a side note, I'm interested in getting some accessories. This was recommended to me, does anyone have any thoughts on it? Has anyone used this before?

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=196

I'm also looking for a bluetooth headset. The best on the market. Any suggestions? I need something that is sufficiently loud, and comfortable as I'll be wearing it all day, every day.

Anything else I should be looking for while I anxiously await for my treo to arrive?
    Homeowners Insurance? (As a specific listed all peril item like cameras?)

I use the Palm Treo Bluetooth headset, mainly due to that it uses the same charger as the 650. (Less is better in this regard, for me.)

I use the 2200 mAh extended life battery from Lion Battery and use the original as my back up emergency reserve. The extra life is great. The 2400 will even give you that much longer. . . .

Cheers, Perry

Are you upgrading from a Treo 600 or another PalmOS PDA? If so:
    http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

Going to use Documents to Go?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

As well:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82079
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/22/2006 at 10:33 AM.
    I have to echo Perry's recomemndation of the BT TWH headset....tho for better volume and eliminating any chnace of echo, I use it with a Jabra ear gel (large fits the TWH), available in Radio Shack in the "assorted" pack..
    You can put your phone on your home policy like Perry said.
    hey josh,
    I just picked up a few things from Seidio and they're pretty good... cs not the greatest but not horrible... I picked up a 2200 ext batt w/ external charger, Seidio skin case w/ holster & their new 2-IN-1 InEar ISOLATOR retractable headset... battery life is a little better, might try the new 2400, external charger is nice to have to charge backup battery and the headphones are really nice. As for a BT headset, I prefer the Sony Ericsson HBH-660 (they have a newer 662 out). I like having the caller id so I can leave my phone in my pocket or bag. Both have gotten good reviews for use with the 650.
    There are a few more things you should really get though...
    Screen protector being the first thing you should get, Martin Fields is my fav but there are many good protectors out there...
    Seidio Replacement Battery Cover w/ reset hole (hopefully you won't have problems but it's really nice to be able to reset w/o having to take off the cover)
    Retractable Sync/Charge if you want to sync your 650 at the office as well as home, it's nice to be able to just plug in a retractable cable then sync/charge from a usb port...
    Hope you have fun with your 650...
    I use the Sony Ericsson HBH-660, you don't want the 662 as it isn't compatible with the 650. The caller ID is nice, the quality is nice and all around a great piece that I don't mind recommending.
    I couldn't add insurance to my homeowners policy, so I bought coverage here: http://www.mobileprotech.com/index.cfm
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I found this site tonight:

http://www.safeware.com/

Has anyone used them before? I can't seem to find out how much their deductible is.
    I insured my phone with State Farm. I have my home and auto insurance with them; however, my phone is on a separate policy. The policy covers the replacement of the phone due to anything other than a normal mechanical failure. I paid ~38 for the year and the policy has no deductible.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thunderboom,

Would you please provide the name of the policy so that I can take this information to statefarm? I'm interested in doing the same.

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I contacted statefarm today and they said that they do not cover PDAs or Cellphones under personal article insurance, nor any policy for that matter.

I wonder if it's just that agent.
    Many companies have stopped offering the coverage due to losses they incurred on such a plans. (I was paying $5 a YEAR to have my Palm Vx covered, back when.)

It seems high end cameras do not have the same end of life cycle lost or stolen curve as PDAs do.. . . . . I wonder why that is?
    Quote Originally Posted by rkub
    There are a few more things you should really get though...
    Screen protector being the first thing you should get, Martin Fields is my fav but there are many good protectors out there...
    Seidio Replacement Battery Cover w/ reset hole (hopefully you won't have problems but it's really nice to be able to reset w/o having to take off the cover)
    Retractable Sync/Charge if you want to sync your 650 at the office as well as home, it's nice to be able to just plug in a retractable cable then sync/charge from a usb port...
    Good choices all

Some alternates tho.....

I have read of peeps having the retractable things last like 30 days....check the boards as memory a bit hazy on this one.

Tho I used screen protectors on my previous Palm's , I stopped using them on the 650....I was doing more damage getting them off than in normal use.

The replacement battery cover ... some peeps are reporting paint peeling. And you can do soft resets w/o even using the stylus. Uninstall Manager lets you do a soft reset from the menu and mReset (freebiw) lets you do it from the Palm launcher.

For multiple locations, keep in mind that if you buying a spare battery, the Palm Cradle will let you charge that second battery and also give you a spare cable. I recommend a DC-> AC converter rather than a car charger. Palm Charger tho won't handle skins / cases.