1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I just got TCPMP & installed it to my SD card.
    I tried it with the native 3gp & jpeg images & it was a dream.

But when I uploaded an AVI & a Matroska file on the card, my Treo freezes & restarts when I hit play.
    I can browse & select the file. The first frame will also show up, but when I hit play it stops & retarts the whole thing.

Whats up?
    Do you have the most up-to-date version? Did you accidentally install an unstable release by chance? I'm not trying to insult your intellect or anything, but we all make stupid mistakes like that every now and then. I'm assuming you've already tried a soft reset. It might be an issue with conflicting software. Do you have anything running in the background when it happens? I need more details.

By the way, I noticed you're in Bahrain. Military? I was there myself not too long ago.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I just got TCPMP & installed it to my SD card.
    Did you install the TCPMP app to your card. I think that the app and the plug-ins have to go into memory. The media files can go onto your SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon
    Did you install the TCPMP app to your card. I think that the app and the plug-ins have to go into memory. The media files can go onto your SD card.
    That isn't true. I store on my SD card as well, and it runs just fine. I have Finding Neverland, Revenge of the Sith, Hero, and a couple episodes of Seinfeld on there and haven't ran into any problems.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Indeed, the plugins may reside on the sd card, no problem.
    I had a problem as well, plays just about anything fine except ogg files. I tried to rip a dvd with fairuse following the tutorial to watch it, but as soon as i hit play it resets.
    So, both the .prc file and the plug ins can reside on the SD card? I did not realize that. Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Do you have the most up-to-date version? Did you accidentally install an unstable release by chance? I'm not trying to insult your intellect or anything, but we all make stupid mistakes like that every now and then. I'm assuming you've already tried a soft reset. It might be an issue with conflicting software. Do you have anything running in the background when it happens? I need more details.

By the way, I noticed you're in Bahrain. Military? I was there myself not too long ago.
    Hi Shannon, I did install the latest version.
    I tried it today with some other files, AVI is fine now. guess the file I tried was corrupt.
    But the Matroska files still mess things up. I guess only the butler & phone programs were running when this happens

And I am actually a Bahraini, I live here!
    Come visit again & I'll show you around.
    Quote Originally Posted by redbelt
    Hi Shannon, I did install the latest version.
    I tried it today with some other files, AVI is fine now. guess the file I tried was corrupt.
    But the Matroska files still mess things up. I guess only the butler & phone programs were running when this happens

And I am actually a Bahraini, I live here!
    Come visit again & I'll show you around.
    Awesome, glad you got it working for the most part

And damn it, I wish I would've ran into you on here BEFORE I left Bahrain!
    TCPMP may well be the best free Palm Platform software product since Avantgo. I only wish they had support for Quicktime (no sound) and WMV. The ability to load up an episode of Spongebob or Ed, Edd 'n Eddy and pass the phone to the backseat to entertain the kids is fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    TCPMP may well be the best free Palm Platform software product since Avantgo. I only wish they had support for Quicktime (no sound) and WMV. The ability to load up an episode of Spongebob or Ed, Edd 'n Eddy and pass the phone to the backseat to entertain the kids is fantastic.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. The only time I ever have problems with TCPMP is on the audio side of things.
    Tried TCPMP for the first time on my new Treo650 today and it works great. I am running the App and the Video file both from the card. Had one reset when I closed the program after watching a movie file. It happened only once.

App and plugins are in PALM/Launcher folder in the card.
    m100 -> T665 -> TH55 -> Treo650
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    And damn it, I wish I would've ran into you on here BEFORE I left Bahrain!
    Come again! March 10th will start the first race in this year's F1 season.. if you like that thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    I think Kinoma Player 3EX supports quicktime...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    A few years ago, I was BIG into converting videos for watch on my Clie NX-70. I still have all of the converted videos, so I decided to try them out on TCPMP today. They're in "mqv" format which is some Quicktime variant. Surprisingly, I had clear audio, but no video which is the exact opposite of what I expected.....there's still hope I can watch all the seasons of Star Trek: Next Generation on my Treo...
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got it working! I can now watch ALL of my converted files. Hundreds of ready to go video files The trick was in the plugins...

AAC, AVC, MP3, MPEG1, MPEG4. Loading the FFMPEG plugin solved the video problem.

WooHoo!
    Interestingly enough IU loaded TCPMP onto my Treo thinking doing so was required to watch any movie....that was some 11 months ago or so and I recently noticed that, at least with the 5 or 6 short movies I have on my SD card, thes emovie splay just fine from the Treo's camera app. What will TCPMP do that the camera app won't do. I would imagine that it provides a greater number of file types but since I don't really enjoy watching anything on a 2" screen I don't spend too much time with it....Asking primarily for "educational purposes" .
    I do know that it won't notice the quicktime my quicktime files. As for watching it on the 2" screen? Novelty, I agree, but it's fun. And with all 7 seasons of Star Trek converted at about 98MB per episode...I can fit a bunch at a time on my 2GB SD card.
    I am having big issues with TCPMP and my Palm Treo 500. when ever i run it it flips my display by 90 but all control remain portrait layout. ANy ideas?