1.    #1  
    Thanks to this forum I finally purchased a 3-pack of original Treo styli from Verizon, but I wonder whether the stylys from the 3-pack sold by Palm increased the size of the hole in my Treo: now the stylus is loose inside and has almost fallen out several times.

Any suggestions as to what to do? A piece of tape around the middle of the stylus
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    Thanks to this forum I finally purchased a 3-pack of original Treo styli from Verizon, but I wonder whether the stylys from the 3-pack sold by Palm increased the size of the hole in my Treo: now the stylus is loose inside and has almost fallen out several times.

Any suggestions as to what to do? A piece of tape around the middle of the stylus
    Several layers of tape from top to bottom along the inside, right edge of the battery cover should do the job. Might have to play around with it to get it right. The stylus will lightly press up against this when inserted. I use the Seidio battery cover w/ Reset Hole & it seems to hold stylus in a bit better than the Palm cover.
    much simpler solution: bend the pen ever so slightly. it stops it from falling out.
    Even better solution: Search before posting this thread. This has been discussed many times. . .

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Even better solution: Search before posting this thread. This has been discussed many times. . .
    I found the thread after posting, but then I couldn't delete my initial post.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Several layers of tape from top to bottom along the inside, right edge of the battery cover should do the job. Might have to play around with it to get it right. The stylus will lightly press up against this when inserted. I use the Seidio battery cover w/ Reset Hole & it seems to hold stylus in a bit better than the Palm cover.
    Does tightening the screw inside the stylus channel work, as some have suggested?
    Does tightening the screw inside the stylus channel work, as some have suggested?
    If you have the torx wrench handy, this could work too. The force of the screw is being applied in the right direction to reduce the size of the channel for the stylus.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    much simpler solution: bend the pen ever so slightly. it stops it from falling out.
    I agree that's the simplest solution
    If yur office does any "mounting", spray some adhesive on a piece of paper and then rotate the middle of the stylus in the goop and let dry. rub smooth....lasts 2-3 months.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Placing just one piece of tape, one of whose ends was folded over twice, in the channel near the top (with the other sticky end holding it in place) sufficed for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    Agreed. I had this same problem and came up with the same solution.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I found the thread after posting, but then I couldn't delete my initial post.
    Funny, I've done that myself. Why I would post a thread and then search, I'll never know.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    My stylus is still reasonably snug but it is rusty. Sheesh. Rust. Think I will have to break into the replacement three-pack I have sitting in my desk drawer.
    Put a one or two little drops of rubber gum covering one of those screws inside the groove in the battery compartment. That's what I did when it goes lose.

Cheers
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.