1.    #1  
    so I got my 650 last night and of course the first thing I do is pop in the sd card from the 600 and do a full restore.
    My question is when in the power section of the pref. I saw the egg in the lower rt corner and am wondering if that is real to the 650 or if it was just a glitch from the 600 with the restore?
    Im gonna miss my taxi cab :-D
    Don't worry, you'll see your taxi on the 650 too :-)
    Doing a full restore of * from your 600 is a really bad idea.. If your 650 is really twitchy and crashy, that's why.

You SHOULD be able to restore your PIM stuff, maybe Preferences files, but most applications you'll need to install fresh copies of. Mainly because a lot of old applications won't work properly on the 650 with NVFS.
  4.    #4  
    thanks! - and yes I step 1. posted the question and 2. searched for the answer - DOH!
    So far things have been running fine actually. Im a bit peeved with real on there and Ptunes looks like Ill have to buy a new licence. It dosnt like the MovieRecord being installed when it comes with the phone but hey... we are now at 27hrs. Now I just get up the nerve to do the rom.
    I've had my 650 for several months now....had the Easter Egg activated for 8 weeks or so. No taxi. Ever. What am I doing wrong??
  6.    #6  
    nada, or maybe not using it enough. It took me like 6mo to finally see it on my 600. just time.
    As I was reading this thread on my treo the taxi went past.. I haven't seen it in about a week... Perfect timing lol
    HTC Touch Pro
    if I use it anymore, I might lose my job....
    Quote Originally Posted by emercado
    I've had my 650 for several months now....had the Easter Egg activated for 8 weeks or so. No taxi. Ever. What am I doing wrong??

I waited months, now I see it weekly.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Doing a full restore of * from your 600 is a really bad idea.. If your 650 is really twitchy and crashy, that's why.

You SHOULD be able to restore your PIM stuff, maybe Preferences files, but most applications you'll need to install fresh copies of. Mainly because a lot of old applications won't work properly on the 650 with NVFS.

Hi Mux11!

YOU ARE LIVING ON BORROWED TIME -- the 650 will brick on you soon, having been upgraded in this way. Do not pass go, do not collect $200 -- go straight to this thread:

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

An ounce of pervention is worth a pound of cure.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/22/2006 at 10:08 AM.