1.    #1  
    Public Service announcement: Those of you who frequent this board should know of my love for Pocket Mirror Pro for synchronization to a Palm device to Outlook.

http://www.chapura.com/

Therefore - if you are interested then note that version 4 was just released. $14.95 is the upgrade cost and I'd recommend you go to the web site for the various new features but one that is particular interest to me:

One way sync of Global Address Book - now I've got everyone that's on the Exchange Server address book on my Treo.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Curiosity, how many are on your Exchange Server? We have over 4,000 employees. I'm afraid that would take up way too much storage. I have wanted this for quite some time, but, the more I think about it, I'm not sure.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Curiosity, how many are on your Exchange Server? We have over 4,000 employees. I'm afraid that would take up way too much storage. I have wanted this for quite some time, but, the more I think about it, I'm not sure.
    1,534 listings but that includes some of the various global mailing lists....yes I'd say that over 4K might cause some issues with space.

Unfortunately since the Global Address Book is not typically "editable" by the local user - you might be goofed. However, perhaps you could create a subfolder and copy only those that you really want into it and then sync. That is a neat feature of PMPXT is to be able to create contact subfolders as well.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Public Service announcement: Those of you who frequent this board should know of my love for Pocket Mirror Pro for synchronization to a Palm device to Outlook.

http://www.chapura.com/

Therefore - if you are interested then note that version 4 was just released. $14.95 is the upgrade cost and I'd recommend you go to the web site for the various new features but one that is particular interest to me:

One way sync of Global Address Book - now I've got everyone that's on the Exchange Server address book on my Treo.
    I just bought this in early January so I qualified for a free upgrade! Woohoo!!!

However, the Global Address Book sync only transfers names and emails... no phone numbers, oddly enough. I find that very strange (and disappointing). But, I got the new stuff for free so I'm not complaining (much).
    I looked at this. I am currently using KeySuite, but get annoyed at the amount of ram it uses because it uses separate databases. Thinking about trying the new version of PocketMirror XT since I don't use a lot of categories in Outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    I looked at this. I am currently using KeySuite, but get annoyed at the amount of ram it uses because it uses separate databases. Thinking about trying the new version of PocketMirror XT since I don't use a lot of categories in Outlook.
    I am curious. i use datebook 5 now and just started to use outlook on my pc. i selected to have my treo 650 hotsync with outook instead of the palm desktop. that isn't enough for you? if you just need basic synchronizatrion? what more can pocket mirrior do for you than that? datebook 5 takes up about 1 mb or ram. key suite seems to take about 1.5 mb. i'd like to save as much ram as possible. maybe this will be a moot point when the 'mythical' treo 700 apperas with more onboard ram.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    The main reason I have used KeySuites, is because I use multiple subfolders in Outlook. Since PocketMirror can now also sync multiple subfolders, and uses the original Palm pim databases, I am thinking of switching back so I save some space.
    Last edited by gapost; 02/22/2006 at 09:59 AM.
    Does this version handle the Meeting Organizer, Meeting Attenddee and Meeting Location information correctly? These pieces of information is now stored in "blobs" in the databases and are displayed by PalmOne's Calendar application. Unfortunately, if you edit the item on the handheld, then PalmOne's buggy conduit messes up and the item becomes an Appointment in Outlook.

These limitations are described on pages 21-22 of the Chapura User Manual
    http://download.chapura.com/public_d...cketMirror.pdf

I quote from page 22:"There is no place in the handheld to store meeting attendees. If you make a change to one of these meetings in your handheld, the attendees will not be notified, and the attendee list will be deleted from Outlook. To prevent this from happening, activate the feature and make changes to these appointments in Outlook ONLY."

This is NOT true and I am hoping that the manual on their web site does not reflect the latest version that everyone is talking about here. Does it?

Summary: Take a meeting in Outlook that was set up by someone else. Open the meeting in Outlook. You'll see that person (Mr. X) as the meeting Organizer.

Edit the item on the Treo. Add a note to the text. Synchronize

Look at the item in Outlook. Is the Organizer still Mr. X? Is the meeting location still correct in the Outlook for that item?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Bump.

Anyone using the new PM product in a corporate environment?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  10.    #10  
    It does not appear to be fixed based upon my limited testing so far.

And quite frankly, I don't think that it will be until Palm decides to provide dedicated databases to each field - at the moment most of the info gets stored in the note field.

It does appear that the location information is correct but not the attendees info.
    Moose Man
    That sucks! Apparently, Palm published the specifications for the data blob a few months ago. Applications that have been written specifically for this, like 2day can display the Attendee, Organizer, location etc correctly. Datebk5 can display some information as well. I see no reason why a conduit, by Palm or Chapura cannot read/write the same data meaningfully on the Treo and Outlook ends.

The current stat eof affairs makes it OK to read the appointments on the Treo but one cannot edit the item on the Treo. It really sucks that neither Palm not Chapura have added proper synchronization to their conduits.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  12.    #12  
    Yes it does suck. I've done so more testing (even though I use exchange - we don't schedule with anyone else so this has never been a point of issue for me).

If you modify the "subject" field for the meeting on the handheld and keep at least the first letter of the subject - the changes will "hold" and you can then send an Update via the Outlook appointment option. It won't send the update automatically but you can see the changes.

The second that you drop out all of the original subject line in an attempt to modify - it creates a new appointment without any of the attendees attached and the original is still there.

It's not what you wanted to hear but it is what it is......lousy. I think my original statement is going to have to hold - until Palm creates seperate databases for each of these fields and stops trying to lump them together in the pool, then this won't change.
    Moose Man
    Any progress on this issue?

I am really frustrated - I love the Treo 650 - went from one to a Windows hw6515 and have come back but really do miss the basic functionality of linking contacts to appointments etc and having it sync back to outlook correctly.
    I wonder if Palm fixed their Outlook conduits in the 700p software release...

This is a conduit problem, as the Palm databases can clearly store the Location, Attendees and the Meeting Organizer information. I gets this from Outlook correctly, but messes up when transmitting the same back to Outlook.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM