1.    #1  
    I'm noticing that even on the lowest setting ("1"), my Treo 650 is quite loud. I'm been manipulating the settings by using the Preferences menu.
    Is there any other way to make the lowest sound on my 650 even lower?
    Does Volume Care get rid of this problem?
    Thanks!
    PS: LOVE MY 650
    define what is loud? the system sounds or talking on the phone? the ringer?

which carrier? which firmware and rom? and you are saying you don't have volumecare installed?
    Wow, this is the exact opposite problem most peeps have...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I know....i almost asked if he had a hearing aid....turned up real high!
    It's the worst of both worlds for me. The call volume is low, but when it beeps in my ear it's like jabbing my eardrum with a needle. Training Voicelauncher is the worst, as it emits a loud beep *immediately* when you stop talking.
  6.    #6  
    Sorry, it took me so long to respond.
    The ringer is very loud.
    The call volume is pretty soft, just at that edge where I should really buy Volume Care.
    But the ringer is way loud and the system sounds are way loud.
    How do I lower the default volume on the ringer and the tones?
    Thanks
    Yeah, the ringer is VERY loud for office environments even at
    the lowest setting...

And the phone volume itself is rather low even at the highest
    setting, no to mention distorted, compared to my now retired
    Nokia 6650 (it's voice quality is unbelievably crisp, clear and
    smooth even in noisy environments)

In-fact that was the tradeoff for me:

Nokia 6650 voice quality <-> Treo 650 smartphone features
    (both have nice antennas!)

The speakerphone is quiet useless on the Treo...

- mvk
    Anyone figure out a solution for lowering the volume of the ringer or alarms yet? I've been fumbling along trying to figure something out but nothing is quite working

Even on the lowest setting the alarm and ringer volumes are to loud for my office environment.

TS
    Not that I know of...I keep mine on vibrate while in the office.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Not that I know of...I keep mine on vibrate while in the office.
    Yeah, me too. I just wish that it vibrated a little harder so that I could feel it in my pants. I keep it in my pants and I only pull it out to answer a call or check on an appointment.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy
    Yeah, me too. I just wish that it vibrated a little harder so that I could feel it in my pants. I keep it in my pants and I only pull it out to answer a call or check on an appointment.
    *bites his tongue so hard it bleeds*
    I typically keep mine on silent when in an environment where it would be too loud.Don't like the vibrate for when am at my desk,the noise drives me nuts and it seems as if it takes on a life of its own and is going to fly off my desk.I also don't do well with vibrating things on my belt,am always suprised -plus I gave up regularly putting communications devices on my belts years ago.

It is amazing that the volume for the ringer could be so loud,and the call volume is so limited (out of the box w/o buying VolumeCare).

I was in an office the other day where there were numerous Treos,all set at maybe 3 or 4 ,all with the default Treo ring,and I was glad that my Treo was not set to ring as loud,and had ring unique to my phone.
    By the way, if your ringers are too loud, download some ringers from the net and edit them in a midi editor and lower the volume. I did just that with some of mine so they had a second of silence then faded into full volume. Free Phone Technician. Just obviously not something you can do on the fly.

I've done just that with IM/SMS/MMS tones too. When Profiles changes my profile to Work, it changes to a nice single bass guitar note instead of BEEP BEEP.
    You can turn down the system sounds. Go into Preferences, then select "Sounds & Alerts". Then under Application, select "General".
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    *bites his tongue so hard it bleeds*

Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosteve
    Anyone figure out a solution for lowering the volume of the ringer or alarms yet? I've been fumbling along trying to figure something out but nothing is quite working
    You do know that using the rocker switch does nothing to lower volume....you will see volume level for ringer going down but nothing will happen unless you read the little note. When you adjust volume, at least on the CNG model, you have to lower the volume level with the rocker and then hit the side button to "save" the setting you just picked....you no save, it stays at old level.

Just thought I'd mention it as my wife was trying to change it and was ready to fling the thing cause her setting wouldn't "stick".