Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm considering getting a Vaja case for the 700w, but I'd love some imput from others first.

    There are tons of customization options, but I'll probably end up getting black on black as it will go with anything I wear. Anyone have any strong preferences between the t7 with the front protection and the one without? I figure I might as well get it as that's a large point in having the case-when I do more pda-specific things, I'll just take the treo out entirely.

    Another thing: whats the best bet on belt attachments? They offer 2 types-one costing significantly more than the other. Is there a reason to purchase that one or what? It just seems like a hastle, unless of course it allows the case to position itself nicely when you sit so it doesnt dig into your leg...

    Digame people, or I'll buy a speaker system instead!
  2. #2  
    I looked around on a forum (I'm pretty sure this one, but couldn't find the posts recently) about the Vaja cases. People were saying that the paint on the leather was rubbing/fading/coming off, exposing a different color underneath. I think Vaja replaced it, but after a certain time frame, they refused.

    I could be wrong on all this, since this was a while back when I read it and it was probably late at night, but that's the main reason I went with the Piel Frama case instead. I like it. Looks good, fits well. Although, it doesn't look as nice as the Vaja cases. The only thing I didn't like about it is the belt clip. I'm using a Motorola clip instead which is working quite well.
  3. #3  
    Vaja = Best. Case. Ever. You can't do better.

    And I don't know what kind of speaker system you can get for $100, but unless it's a 2.0 or 2.1 setup for your PC, it probably isn't very good.
    I'm back!
  4. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
       #4  
    lol-the speakers I'm gonna get are about 3 bills-I just dont want to drop 3 on speakers AND around 2 for a damn case. I'll get one or the other

    I wonder how long it took for the paint to wear off-thats another part of the reason I want to go black...just having a darker color will make things harder to notice imperfection wise

    Which click do you recommend I get? I currently use a seidio case, but from reviews I know it's going to break any day now (I kid, but I don't like how it's scratched my treo in 2 places...). I wish I knew if the extra 20 bucks vs 5 bucks was worth it-the 5 dollar clip seems to get the job done but who knows...

    I guess this is what I get for buying things OVAR TEH INTARWEB1!1eight
  5. #5  
    From my experience, expensive cases have come with cheap clips. I bought the Magnesium case. Great case but the clip at a $0.02 spring on it, and no J to hold onto the belt. Same with the Piel Frama case. I'd probably go with the pin clip one, I think it's the $20 one. It looks more sturdy and versitile.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    lol-the speakers I'm gonna get are about 3 bills-I just dont want to drop 3 on speakers AND around 2 for a damn case. I'll get one or the other

    I wonder how long it took for the paint to wear off-thats another part of the reason I want to go black...just having a darker color will make things harder to notice imperfection wise

    Which click do you recommend I get? I currently use a seidio case, but from reviews I know it's going to break any day now (I kid, but I don't like how it's scratched my treo in 2 places...). I wish I knew if the extra 20 bucks vs 5 bucks was worth it-the 5 dollar clip seems to get the job done but who knows...

    I guess this is what I get for buying things OVAR TEH INTARWEB1!1eight
    I had a black Vaja for my 600, and it was awesome. I went clipless, tote the thing around in your pocket and you won't look like a dork. Sure, you risk testicular cancer (if you're a guy, otherwise, I guess you risk ovarian cancer), but you'll look a lot cooler than the guy with a utility belt around his waist.

    As far as the speakers go, I just bought Klipsch Synergy Quintet IIIs and the Synergy 10" sub....awesome. I recommend those too.
    I'm back!
  7. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781
    I looked around on a forum (I'm pretty sure this one, but couldn't find the posts recently) about the Vaja cases. People were saying that the paint on the leather was rubbing/fading/coming off, exposing a different color underneath. I think Vaja replaced it, but after a certain time frame, they refused.

    I could be wrong on all this, since this was a while back when I read it and it was probably late at night, but that's the main reason I went with the Piel Frama case instead. I like it. Looks good, fits well. Although, it doesn't look as nice as the Vaja cases. The only thing I didn't like about it is the belt clip. I'm using a Motorola clip instead which is working quite well.
    Have had mine for approx 12 months and paid $116 for it would I do it again? Probaly not, alot of money for case where the color does come off. Also stretched alittle making the phone fall out a couple of times, lucky I had lockline, a quick fix was to double up a business card to tighten the fit.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781
    I looked around on a forum (I'm pretty sure this one, but couldn't find the posts recently) about the Vaja cases. People were saying that the paint on the leather was rubbing/fading/coming off, exposing a different color underneath. I think Vaja replaced it, but after a certain time frame, they refused.

    I could be wrong on all this, since this was a while back when I read it and it was probably late at night, but that's the main reason I went with the Piel Frama case instead. I like it. Looks good, fits well. Although, it doesn't look as nice as the Vaja cases. The only thing I didn't like about it is the belt clip. I'm using a Motorola clip instead which is working quite well.
    That was me.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94411

    They didn't replace the case. It is considered as my unique and distinctive stamp of personalization to a leather product.

    Choose the color carefully. This can happen if the top dye color is very different from the color of the underlying leather.

    I still use the case.

    The other problem can be with the plastic clip and the metal hub.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=99955

    They replaced the clip without any hassle. I also hear that they have changed the clip they use to a different type.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  9. Liv
    Liv is offline
    Liv's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #9  
    I personally LOVE the vaja case.

    I have one on every single gadget I own.

    I had one on my HP 2215, I have one on my ipod, and on all my other gadgets.

    I have never had an issue with the paint wearing off. My ipod has had a brown/ivory color and is still in wonderful condition.

    I am looking at the ivolution one for the 650, but having 130 bucks to do it may be an issue for a while.

    It is expensive, but it is very unique, very beautiful and very long lasting.

    That is my opinion :-D
  10. #10  
    These are very high quality also and cost less. They are like the ivolution and the cover can be removed.
    Check them out http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3344
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Liv
    I have one on every single gadget I own.
    If they weren't so damn expensive, I'd get one for my PSP too.
    I'm back!
  12. Liv
    Liv is offline
    Liv's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    If they weren't so damn expensive, I'd get one for my PSP too.

    I know!

    I would get one for my PSP AND my future Sony Viao, if they weren't amazingly expensive.

    The PSP one is nice though...you have to admit it

    I don't have that much to burn. I can justify getting one for around a hundred, but anything more is not possible.
  13. Liv
    Liv is offline
    Liv's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by khakiman
    These are very high quality also and cost less. They are like the ivolution and the cover can be removed.
    Check them out http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3344

    Oooh, those are really nice. I need to see if I can find a review on them.

    I like how they seem to offer a lot of protection. At like 50 bucks cheaper
  14. plasmo's Avatar
    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    #14  
    Here are some reviews on the Vaja T7 for the 700w for those interested:

    http://mobilitytoday.com/articles/va...o_700_iVo.html
    http://www.treohq.com/content/view/314/107/

    I bought my T7 the 1st day Vaja offered the new line for the Treo 700w...only problem is that it takes so dang long for them to make it... supposed to ship March 2nd.
  15. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
       #15  
    I was going to go the ivory and brown too...I guess I'll wait a week and see if I really want them (yes)

    thx on the speaker suggestions too
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Liv
    I know!

    I would get one for my PSP AND my future Sony Viao, if they weren't amazingly expensive.

    The PSP one is nice though...you have to admit it

    I don't have that much to burn. I can justify getting one for around a hundred, but anything more is not possible.
    The PSP one is really nice, I just can't see paying as much for one as the PSP itself costs.

    Plus, I already have like 3 other cases for it right now.
    I'm back!
  17. #17  
    Hi all ...

    as posted by khakiman these seem like a good alternative to the vaja ....

    thanks khakiman ... a very nice find ..... thanks

    has anyone seen an indepth review of these ...... any pics ... the ones on the link don't show a lot of detail ...

    does anyone else have any experience with these ....

    i would be specifically interested to know how the removable cover attaches, how sturdy and bulky it is and how hard or easy it is to take on and put off ....

    is the case overall as slimline as the vaja once the cover is removed and how good is the button access on the edge row of treo buttons ...

    can you talk and hear with the cover still on ... or do you have to open it up to make or answer a call

    it looks well made .... and could be a good alternative to the vaja .... from the limited pics in the link it looks just as nice ....

    interested in any feedback on this possible vaja alternative ... esp more pics

    regards
    aussie

Posting Permissions