1.    #1  
    Does xiino needs java to work, i'm looking for the best 3rd party browser.

No, it doesn't.
    Nope. It's great too. WAY faster than Blazer. It has problems with password-encrypted site(such as banks), so you might still need to use Blazer every now and then(like maybe 3% of the time). You can't delete that anyway, so it's all coolio.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Also, Xiino doesn't crash my Treo every time I load up a web page that does over 1mb of data...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Xiino is fast for sure but the way it renders pages kinda sucks. Is there any settings I can change to make it more look like Blazer after it completely loads a page? Sometimes the words overlap or the input fields on some sites dont look right.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Xiino is fast for sure but the way it renders pages kinda sucks. Is there any settings I can change to make it more look like Blazer after it completely loads a page? Sometimes the words overlap or the input fields on some sites dont look right.
    For pages that don't look good you can try going through www.skweezer.net It reformats the pages - many times they look better. Just type the skweezer url into Xiino and enter the page where you want to go. Any links you click on from then on will be routed through skweezer.
    Skweezer does indeed unjumble some pages. The only site I've ever had problems with in the way it was rendered was ESPN, however.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I can't wait to try this out:

http://www.google.com/xhtml
    The Google web page mobilizer (or whatever it's called) has so far been the best betweekn skweezer.net or mobileap.com
    http://google.com/gwt/n
    You can actually web surf in blazer if you use this. The only annoying thing is that it will break a web page up in to multiple pages. Great for a mobile phone but kind of sucks on the Treo where you actually want the whole page.

For Xiino, try Fonts4OS5 with fontgrabber? to use smaller fonts. It makes Xiino way more doable.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    For Xiino, try Fonts4OS5 with fontgrabber? to use smaller fonts. It makes Xiino way more doable.
    Where do I find this font grabber?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    FYI, I tried the Xiino + Fonts4OS5 combo but yanked Fonts4OS5 when I discovered what a resource hog it is. PalmInternals speed test took 35 seconds longer with it activated! To each his own, but I'll take speed over aesthetics any day.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    An alternative font app is FontSmoother by Alex Pruss. I converted a Calibri 12pt font for Xiino and it looks quite good.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    FYI, I tried the Xiino + Fonts4OS5 combo but yanked Fonts4OS5 when I discovered what a resource hog it is. PalmInternals speed test took 35 seconds longer with it activated! To each his own, but I'll take speed over aesthetics any day.

Roger that. I agree 100% Speed over aesthetics any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Where do I find this font grabber?
    I'm sorry, it's called "Font Collector", my mistake.
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=81547

Use it to collect "Palm HiRes" which is what Blazer uses in small fonts mode. Then I use that in Fonts4OS5 to give Xiino, Webviewer, and Opera Mini the same hi res fonts that Blazer uses.

As for a performance hit...
    I haven't noticed hardly ANY performance hit except the inital loading of the application by MAYBE 1 second. So I'm not sure what you guys are talking about when you say there's perforance hit. Whatever hit there is so far hasn't been an issue for me. I don't need a benchark to tell me if it's usable. I think the low res fonts (asthetics) makes the apps relatively useless until give it smaller fonts so a small hit is definatley worth it. A significant hit is another story.

See this thread for discussion on peformance:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ino#post784067

To sum it up you might need to disable "Table.c bug correction" or "white spaces in menus". Or perhaps it's the font you're using that's causing the slowness. The font I use is one of the built in PalmOS fonts so maybe that's why I don't see a performance hit.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G