Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I must be doing something wrong. I should just have to throw the file on my phone to get the added functionality, right? Is there some step I'm missing or something?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I must be doing something wrong. I should just have to throw the file on my phone to get the added functionality, right? Is there some step I'm missing or something?
    Are you sayin can you install the modified version over the original version?
    if so i'm not sure but i would, do a fresh install just to be sure (disable > uninstall > install modified version)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I assumed that I could install the modified version over the original. Why is the modified version so much smaller? OK, gonna try it now.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    It isn't working for me. When I beam it to my phone, it takes, but then I get an error message stating something to the effect of the file already existing in the data base, and then prompts me to reset. After the reset however, I can't find the app anywhere - not on my phone nor on the file data base.
    Are you using Filez to look for the file? Try using the Built in delete to look for the app. try a soft reset, then beam the file to your Treo.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    No, I'm using Zlauncher. I've already tried soft resetting. I'll try again. This is what I'll do:

disable KeyCaps-->uninstall KeyCaps-->soft reset-->install the modified version.

I still don't understand why the modified file is so much smaller.
    try to email the file to your Treo, or hotsync
    not sure why your having problems, and im not sure why the file size is smaller but you can read about it in this thread (modified starts at post #37)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=keycaps

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Hahahaha!

You linked me to the wrong file! The file you linked me to is called KeyShades. I thought that was kinda peculiar, but thought maybe since it was a modified app, it featured a modified name. After not getting anywhere, I decided to go to the page where the file was located as opposed to just DL'ing it directly, and I noticed that KeyShades wasn't listed under 'other people's modified software', yet there was a file called KeyCaps600 that WAS. So I DL'ed that, and it's all coolio

This also explains why the file I THOUGHT was the modified version is so much smaller.
    By the way, thanks for all the help
    Sorry for the confusion . Glad everything is working for you now. were you able to set the repeat rate to your liking, then disable Keyshades and have the scroll speed still work?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    No prob. I'm still fiddling with it, actually...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12