Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    All apologies about before, berdinkerdickle. It just aggravated me when you said don't post before reading because that's all I've been doing for the past 3 days is reading reading reading and I don't think I fully understand how all of this works. I understand how partitions are used and how data is read and used, but I don't understand how the different apps update the differet parts of a phone. I think that's why this particular thing happened. I thought I was writing a new ROM and all and it turns out I wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaudio
    ...clip...no versamail, no unnecessary language files, no welcome, no real player, no xpress, no old blazer and no clock.
    And, no problems, no brick
    Just call me Berd.
    LOL yeah, that would be nice.
  4.    #124  
    Here is what I want you to do.

Download this:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13334304/Cust1.zip.html

It is a ROM like what you want. DO NOT RUN this. What I want you to do is copy out the ace-palmos.zip to your desktop.

Then in the RomTool Convert the ZIP to a directory called ace.cust.

Then I want you to upload the directory ace.cust to your Treo.

This should give you exactly what you want. If you have questions don't go any further until you ask.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

So it has all of that stuff gone that I mentioned? Does it have the fat32 and fast blazer?

Another quick question...so when you tell the new ROM tool to upload a directory, I guess it deletes the one that was there and then uploads it?
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaudio
    So it has all of that stuff gone that I mentioned? Does it have the fat32 and fast blazer?

Another quick question...so when you tell the new ROM tool to upload a directory, I guess it deletes the one that was there and then uploads it?
    Yes, yes yes

Overwrites it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Ok well the phone's back up and I'm synchronizing all of my data back to the device now, so hopefully all will be well. JamesGangUT, you saved me. You are the man. If there's anything I can ever do for you, please let me know. I will even throw some cash your way if you want. I am eternally grateful, and I don't say that to just anyone.
    James takes a vacation, doesn't post for awhile, and just when trouble lurks, he swoops down and saves another treo life!
    Just call me Berd.
  9.    #129  
    Glad you are up, you are pretty lucky. I would send the cash to Matt the Grack developer, it is his tool that saved you.

10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    James takes a vacation, doesn't post for awhile, and just when trouble lurks, he swoops down and saves another treo life!
    Been watching just busy.

I will definitely do that, and I'll send it in your name. You are the man.
    Ok the phone seems to be working alright as far as making calls and running apps, but here's some experiences I'm having...

First, the good...
    The phone is crazy fast. Apps load and switch fast, and data transfer internally as well as to and from the SD card is quick.
    Tones are faster, like when logging into VM or calling a number that requires I enter an extension or menu item, especially when set to autodial.
    The phone used to crash and reset because of ChatterEmail (I've seen where a few others are experiencing this but not enough to stop using it) but doesn't nearly as much as it used to.

The bad...
    Even though I have used dashes in my contacts' phone numbers and the dashes are present when viewing the contact, when I am in the Contacts list view (i.e., select Contacts from the Phone app) and when I dial a number, there are no dashes.
    My phone randomly stops accepting calls; callers say that it goes straight to VM yet I have a signal and don't receive any calls. I never know when this is happening, so I have to randomly reset my phone or power-cycle the radio to be able to accept calls again.
    When scrolling in my Contacts list (i.e., select Contacts in the Phone app), it scrolls as fast as it should until I am viewing contacts that start with the letters F through L; then it scrolls very slowly as if some other application is lagging the phone. Once it gets past the L's, it starts scrolling normally again.

I hope someone has heard of these issues and knows the fix, because other than those few negaitive points, the phone is running faster and more stably than ever. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    I've hesitated to do this mod for a long time thinking it will screw up my Treo. I took the plunge today and came out fine i think. Thanks everyone for their posts, took forever to read everything!

My only problem(i hope) is that the Treo refuses to Updated to 1.20. I've followed everything in the help guide on how to change the values for the Token.

Changed crnm to ENA
    Changed revn to 1.20

The values show up correctly in the phone info. But when I run the 1.20 update it doesnt install, gives me an error message.

What have I done wrong? Thanks for the help.
  14.    #134  
    Due to others having the same trouble I posted this ENA version specifically to keep the CNG ROM partition.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=30

Well I seem to have all of my troubles resovled through various means except one; I can't edit some of my contacts. And, on the ones I can't edit, when I use menu > duplicate contact, I get an error indicating the handheld storage is full (even though there's plenty of space). I click OK to that and the phone resets. Wierd.

I'm sure that it has something to do with all of the firmware and phones and ROMs I've been changing from and to. It also may have something to do with creating new contacts from DA search results.
    can u edit them within palm desktop?

also, have u tried dbscan?
    Just call me Berd.
    Yes, I can edit on the PalmOS Desktop.

I ran DBScan (v1.9c) and it found no errors. I noticed though that it said there were only 27 records, but I have over 400 contacts. Am I missing something?
    I don't have any definate answers. But I think I have heard of ones setting the sync to have desktop overwrite handheld.
    I have had bigger issues w/ calander becoming corrupt and sometimes dbscan works and sometimes 'desktop overwrites handheld' fixes it.
    Just call me Berd.
    Now I've got another anomalie...call log isn't working! LOL! I have made many calls and the last call showing is a day ago (I just realized it a bit ago). Wierd!!!!!
    How can I get the acexxx files except the two created by ROMTool?

What does that mean?
    "use the T3.jar file from Shadowmite to get the files from Palm updater base you are using.

Copy the following files to the ROM dir:
    ace-palmos.zip ***created by RomTool
    ace-palmos.zip.md5 ***created by RomTool
    ace-htc-tpl.zip
    ace-htc-tpl.zip.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt1
    ace-ipl-cvt1.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt2
    ace-ipl-cvt2.md5
    ace-ipl-dvt
    ace-ipl-dvt.md5
    ace-ipl-evt