Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I assume u already tried a Hard Reset?
    If so, can u get to the bootloader?
    Just call me Berd.
  2.    #102  
    First can you try to stick to one thread? I am trying to help but I am seeing posts all over here and MTDN.

A little more info,

What tool are you using?
    What are you customizing, what did you remove.
    More details.

My guess right now is either your ROM is too big for the smaller partition or you do not have the right md5 for the rom image.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Ok, I'll stick to here. I can't get to the boot loader. I can't do anything. No matter what keys or how I reset it, everything just starts flashing rapidly.
  4.    #104  
    Give me all the details, how did you did you create your updater, what files in what structure?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I clicked the link in the first post of this thread. I downloaded the custom 7.1 ROM, ran it through ROM Tool like it said, created the ROM and PALM directories on the card, ran the commands as specified, it performed it's tasks and said "completed, hard-reset the device!" and so I pressed the reset button on the back and it just started flashing and that's where I'm at. I was running 1.20 ENG (from P1's official update file for unlocked GSM Treos although mine is an unlocked AT&T phone).
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaudio
    I clicked the link in the first post of this thread. I downloaded the custom 7.1 ROM, ran it through ROM Tool like it said, created the ROM and PALM directories on the card, ran the commands as specified, it performed it's tasks and said "completed, hard-reset the device!" and so I pressed the reset button on the back and it just started flashing and that's where I'm at. I was running 1.20 ENG (from P1's official update file for unlocked GSM Treos although mine is an unlocked AT&T phone).
    So, you used the RomTool and converted a directory to a Zip then copied both the ace-palmos.zip and ace-palmos.zip.md5 to the /ROM dir? If yes please list the files in the ROM folder.

Also are you sure you can't get it into the bootloader? (Reset while hotsync cable plugged in and button pressed) If you can't there are big problems.

In sd:\palm\launcher there is launcher.dat and romupdaterapp.prc.

In sd:\rom\ was:
    ace-htc-tpl.zip
    ace-htc-tpl.zip.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt1
    ace-ipl-cvt1.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt2
    ace-ipl-cvt2.md5
    ace-ipl-dvt
    ace-ipl-dvt.md5
    ace-ipl-evt
    ace-ipl-evt.md5
    ace-palmos-tpl.zip
    ace-palmos-tpl.zip.md5
    ace-palmos.zip
    ace-palmos.zip.md5
    ace-spl
    ace-spl.md5
    You may already know this, but just in case:
    the bootloader screen is a rainbow screen.
    Just call me Berd.
    By the way I can get in the bootloader screen FINALLY. If you follow the link in the first post of this page, there is a download available. It's the 7.1 custom rom from you I think. I unpacked that, then used ROM Tool to load the ROM folder and convert it to the 2 missing files. I put those in with the files that were already there and then put that in the ROM folder on the SD card.
    To be honest, at this point I'd like to just go back to Cingular's 1.17 update and then I could remove some stuff from there. My whole point to even beginning this was to get my ROM partition size down. Is 7.1MB the lowest you can go even if your ROM size is only like 5.5MB?
  11.    #111  
    If you are at the bootloader use the ROM tool to push your ROM. DON'T USE the SD method. Your partition should be 7.1. When you get into the RomTool you can verify this.

12.    #112  
    To be honest, at this point I'd like to just go back to Cingular's 1.17 update and then I could remove some stuff from there. My whole point to even beginning this was to get my ROM partition size down. Is 7.1MB the lowest you can go even if your ROM size is only like 5.5MB?
    7.1 is the smallest partition I know of.

You are most of the way there, 1.20 is better IMO.

That's the problem. The last ROM I used was P1's 1.20, and it's way over 7.1MB. I don't have a ROM for my phone for 7.1MB, so I have nothing to push.
    Again, Please forgive my questions.
    Your using matts New Rom Tool right?
    Not, shadows tool?
    Just call me Berd.
  15.    #115  
    That's the problem. The last ROM I used was P1's 1.20, and it's way over 7.1MB. I don't have a ROM for my phone for 7.1MB, so I have nothing to push.
    Hold on. Than what did you use in your SD updater?

Yes, using the ROM Tool. It's connected. I verified, the ROM partition is 7,241,728 bytes. I need a ROM to push to it and I don't have a 7.1 ROM.
    JG: I used the ROM linked at the start of this thread. However, the .zip file that the ROM Tool created is only like 24KB. That can't be right.
  18.    #118  
    It is not a ROM at the beginning on this thread. Just the app to write a ROM from SD. The reason you Treo is blinking right now is you have the 2 lower levels but no ROM. Don't do anything for a second.

Hold on...I happened to have the backup from before I ran the 1.20 updater...I'm going to upload that into the phone and see if that fixes it up...

By the way, when you extract that .zip attached to this thread, you get two folders...the Palm/Launcher folder with the Updater in it, and then the ROM folder...but do you know the ROM folder contents is only like 300KB? Shouldn't it be more?
    Ohh ok. I haven't started uploading the ROM yet. What I was trying to do was get a 7.1 ROM Partition, 1.20 ENG, and a ROM that had the fat32, fast blazer, no versamail, no unnecessary language files, no welcome, no real player, no xpress, no old blazer and no clock.