Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    The token itself is not a problem. The things you need to check are first the carrierdb version. It should be 255. You also need to look for amrdeclib in ram on you phone. If either of these are wrong download the files and put them in ram. There is a long thread about these.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I just ran the 7.1 updater on my VZW 650 and it worked great. i did shadowmites method to put on the full 1.04 VZW update then ran the romupdater it gave me an error, then I used mmastrac's tool to load my striped 1.04 ROM and everything is running well.

I am to assume that i can upload roms with mmastrac's tool as often as i need and it will not effect the change in the partition size?
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin17
    I just ran the 7.1 updater on my VZW 650 and it worked great. i did shadowmites method to put on the full 1.04 VZW update then ran the romupdater it gave me an error, then I used mmastrac's tool to load my striped 1.04 ROM and everything is running well.

I am to assume that i can upload roms with mmastrac's tool as often as i need and it will not effect the change in the partition size?
    Correct
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #64  
    I have had several people ask me what I use as my base for the ROM I use. It uses the 7.1MB ROMupdater. Similer to Cust1 but a little different. I will not be posting this with my other ROM's it will just be here.

For thos that have asked What I have added to my ROM is apps that I would lock with Rlock anyway.

Here's the link:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/14153476/JGROM.zip.html

OK, so I have successfully customized my ROM with mmastrac's ROMTool several times and feel comfortable with that. Now I'd like to tackle repartitioning.

Re: the romupdaters in the first post, are they carrier-specific? I see one of them is labeled Sprint. None of them mentions Verizon, which is what I have. Can any Treo use any app for the purposes of repartitioning, or no?

On a similar note, after reading every thread on the subject, and Shadowmite's site, I still am missing a piece of the puzzle: can I use a romupdater app by itself solely for the purposes of repartitioning, or must I update firmware and/or flash the ROM at the same time? And if I can use the romupdater by itself, will this wipe my Treo like repartitioning a hard drive? Then a new ROM would have to be uploaded, correct?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanook
    Re: the romupdaters in the first post, are they carrier-specific? I see one of them is labeled Sprint. None of them mentions Verizon, which is what I have. Can any Treo use any app for the purposes of repartitioning, or no?

On a similar note, after reading every thread on the subject, and Shadowmite's site, I still am missing a piece of the puzzle: can I use a romupdater app by itself solely for the purposes of repartitioning, or must I update firmware and/or flash the ROM at the same time? And if I can use the romupdater by itself, will this wipe my Treo like repartitioning a hard drive? Then a new ROM would have to be uploaded, correct?
    Thanks!
    Answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    ...clip...The update apps aren't tied to GSM/CDMA/ENA/ROW/APR/etc - they are 100% generic.
    ...clip...
    But I think most have been using what they have, either GSM/CDMA

There is a quick way to do just the Rom Update w/ the RomUpdaterApp.prc of your choice. But as James said, it needs to be set-up and done just right or u could brick your phone.

Yes, the Repartit does wipe your internal mem, You will have to do a Hard Reset.

Read up on it first.

Here is a link to a way I do it, have not tried it w/ VZ:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...600#post900600
    There is Links within this Thread a Linked.

Some other links that might help:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ght=custom+rom
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ght=custom+rom
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/27/2006 at 11:27 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
    I have Cingular.

Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.17-CNG

What will 1.71 firmware do for me? Also, what is ENA software and should I use this instead of what I have now? I want to do a custom ROM and I'm sure I can figure it out, but I need to know what all these versions are and what to use first, so sorry for all the questions.

Also, does anyone know where to find a list of files that are ok to remove for a GSM phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit141
    I have Cingular.

What will 1.71 firmware do for me? Also, what is ENA software and should I use this instead of what I have now? I want to do a custom ROM and I'm sure I can figure it out, but I need to know what all these versions are and what to use first, so sorry for all the questions.

Also, does anyone know where to find a list of files that are ok to remove for a GSM phone?
    I don't know of a list prepared for GSM.
    But this attached list helps even for GSM.
    If your happy w/ Cing, I would stay.
    It has the smaller Rom partition anyway
    (Which the pupose of this thread is to discuss the differences of the RomUpdaterApp.prc in relation to Size of Rom)
    So if your happy w/ Cing.
    Then just use this New Fantastic Tool:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=107543
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/27/2006 at 02:12 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Could I replace the RomUpdaterApp.prc in folder of PALM/DeviceCustomizer/Treo650.APR ?
    This is another way of SD update that different from Rev cvt2 .
    If the size of my ace-palmos.zip is 7003k,which size of RomUpdaterApp.prc will be good for me? I do not know what you are discussing about ROM sizes.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanook
    OK, so I have successfully customized my ROM with mmastrac's ROMTool several times and feel comfortable with that. Now I'd like to tackle repartitioning.

Thanks!
    All carrier specific phones that I have checked so far have a 7.1 partition. I would bet Verizon does too. I can verify it later today. There are many files you need and it needs to setup just right are you can really "brick" your phone, beyond what the recovery tools can fix.

11.    #71  
    I have Cingular.

ENA is Europe/North America. It is for unlocked GSM. You are running CNG which has some carrier specific apps. You can run ENA on you phone or just cutomize the version you are on.

12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexren
    Could I replace the RomUpdaterApp.prc in folder of PALM/DeviceCustomizer/Treo650.APR ?
    This is another way of SD update that different from Rev cvt2 .
    If the size of my ace-palmos.zip is 7003k,which size of RomUpdaterApp.prc will be good for me? I do not know what you are discussing about ROM sizes.
    Yes, you can do that. You can verify the size inside the RomTool, the 7.1 I posted is based on that info. If the ROM is too big it will not boot after update but you can use the RomTool to get it going again.

Hi jamesgangut,
    I had replace the file (7.1 ones)and update the rom. In a result,my treo go flash blank and can't not to reset.
    Even I try zero reset,it did not stop to flash its screen.
    So I think the 7.1 may too small for my rom(ace-palmos.zip is 7003k,120 APR stripped rom) and I will try 8.4 ones when it come back.
  14.    #74  
    Can you reset with cable plugged in while holding hotsync button down? Can you get to the bootloader screen (rainbow)

Could I just install ENA and it would work? Also, would this be a better alternative to customizing the ROM I have? I really just want to remove the carrier specific apps and add Fast Blazer and Fat32 and FileZ to the ROM. What would be the best way to go?
    Hey all - just wanted to share that with the above stripped 7.1 ROM I was able to add Fast Blazer with the ROM tool, and it now downloads without a hitch. With the original FM ROM, I was unable to download anything without getting an "out of space" errror, as many others were too. I am not sure what partition size the original FM Blazer stripped ROM was, but after many trials and tribulations, I finally got it working by removing all Blazer files and adding back in the corresponding FM Blazer files and adding nothing else back in. Just thought I would share, although I am sure one you gurus is way ahead of me

Also, one quick question...From what I have gathered not adding things back into ROM is best for larger dbcache allowance. But what is the advantage to having programs in the ROM?
    Last edited by jules3; 02/27/2006 at 11:38 AM.
  17.    #77  
    Could I just install ENA and it would work? Also, would this be a better alternative to customizing the ROM I have? I really just want to remove the carrier specific apps and add Fast Blazer and Fat32 and FileZ to the ROM. What would be the best way to go?
    You can just go with ENA, but the FB, fat32 would be a customized rom. But if you do it you will get all congular stuff off for sure.

18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by jules3
    Hey all - just wanted to share that with the above stripped 7.1 ROM I was able to add Fast Blazer with the ROM tool, and it now downloads without a hitch. With the original FM ROM, I was unable to download anything without getting an "out of space" errror, as many others were too. I am not sure what partition size the original FM Blazer stripped ROM was, but after many trials and tribulations, I finally got it working by removing all Blazer files and adding back in the corresponding FM Blazer files and adding nothing else back in. Just thought I would share, although I am sure one you gurus is way ahead of me

Also, one quick question...From what I have gathered not adding things back into ROM is best for larger dbcache allowance. But what is the advantage to having programs in the ROM?
    Advantages: Programs are there after hard reset. They are "Locked" into dbcache so they are always there.

But if I use a backup program, then isn't it better to leave that space empty for dbcache and just restore them? By the way, I am still downloading perfectly from Fastmode Blazer with this new config and it RULE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    You can just go with ENA, but the FB, fat32 would be a customized rom. But if you do it you will get all congular stuff off for sure.
    Is that the best way to do it, using the ENA version, is that they way you would go? Why is the ENA version larger than the CNG version? Do I remove any files that I really need to opperate on Cingular or would it be the "Welcome" and "Xpress Mail" files and the like? Lastly, would I just download the ENA version listed at the top of this thread?