Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    James, Cranium, and others,
    Here is the link to the thread I asked about:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=106675
    I'm going to continue to update it in more detail.
    I will now also include instructions and link to mmastrac's RomUpdate Tool.
    What do you guys think?
    I'm just trying to get some of the repeated 'How To do a Custom' questions that James and You get asked about answered in one easy place (like when people wanted to add the Fat32)
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Updating using rev cvt2 method & DeviceCustomizer folder method using SD achieve the same thing. The only difference is the DeviceCustomizer method automates the whole process with Firmware update first, then ROM update.

Rev cvt2 allow you to choose if you wanna update firmware only, ROM only, or both. Since firmware takes much longer, rev cvt2 is preferred when only updating ROM.

I used all the acexxxx files and the Romupdater and AAAchecker file in ROM directory... 16 total. And the same romupdater file in the Palm\launcher directory. Worked flawless and took some extra time (10 sec?) to format the memory.

Started with 1.20 LAP >> 1.23 ROW >> original 1.20 ENA via hotsync >> custom 1.20 via rev cvt2, >> custom RM tweaked via MMastrac loader

Sucess!! I guess I can drink a beer now... or 2-3
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    This is great! I'm in love with my baby all over again!

I just made a new custom 1.20-ENA/1.71 ROM and installed into a 7.1mb partition (with 1.1mb of ROM to spare):

Features of this custom ROM:
    Added FAT32 Support
    Added Fastmode Blazer
    Added SMS Smiley Fix
    Added Camcorder Icon
    Added Keyshades Hack
    Added FileZ (hacked to appear under the "System" Category by default)
    Added HandZipper (hacked to appear under the "Utilities" Category by default)
    Removed QuickTour (Tutorial)
    Removed RealPlayer
    Removed Versamail
    Removed WorldClock
    Removed SIM Services
    Removed all languages except English & German

After a hard reset I have 22.1mb of 23.4m free and she's more solid than a slab of granite!

A thousand thanks to everyone who is contributing to this scene. Without everyone's extensive knowledge, dedication, perceverence, and appreciation for technology, our devices would be far more limited and far more boring. So once again, thank you all.

*If you would like to host a copy of this ROM for others to download, just PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    This is great! I'm in love with my baby all over again!

I just made a new custom 1.20-ENA/1.71 ROM and installed into a 7.1mb partition (with 1.1mb of ROM to spare):

After a hard reset I have 22.1mb of 23.4m free and she's more solid than a slab of granite!

*If you would like to host a copy of this ROM for others to download, just PM me.
    I'd be interested to know all your memory levels, especially DB Cache, using MemoryInfo v1.1.
    Just to see what effect the 7.1mb partition has had.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I used all the acexxxx files and the Romupdater and AAAchecker file in ROM directory... 16 total. And the same romupdater file in the Palm\launcher directory. Worked flawless and took some extra time (10 sec?) to format the memory.

Started with 1.20 LAP >> 1.23 ROW >> original 1.20 ENA via hotsync >> custom 1.20 via rev cvt2, >> custom RM tweaked via MMastrac loader

Sucess!! I guess I can drink a beer now... or 2-3
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I'd be interested to know all your memory levels, especially DB Cache, using MemoryInfo v1.1.
    Just to see what effect the 7.1mb partition has had.
    With a 7.1 partition after hard reset:
    Memory Info

Storage Heap Size: 24030KB
    Storage Heap Total Free: 23372KB

NVFS DB Cache Size: 11775KB
    NVFS DB Cache Total Free: 11253KB
    NVFS DB Cache Largest Free Chunk: 8122KB

Dynamic Heap Size: 5440KB
    Dynamic Heap Total Free: 4853KB
    Dynamic Heap Largest Free Chunk: 4814KB
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 02/21/2006 at 10:00 AM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    James, Cranium, and others,
    Here is the link to the thread I asked about:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=106675
    I'm going to continue to update it in more detail.
    I will now also include instructions and link to mmastrac's RomUpdate Tool.
    What do you guys think?
    I'm just trying to get some of the repeated 'How To do a Custom' questions that James and You get asked about answered in one easy place (like when people wanted to add the Fat32)
    looks okay to me
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I was up to 4 last night playing around w/ this thing.
    I started thinking, if the CNG Rom has the smallest Part. then why not just go CNG.
    So, I Flashed back 123, Flashed 1.15, then 1.17. but I did not get as good as recep as I did w/ ENA.
    Now, the 1.17 updater process is sim to the ENA except when you are all done, there is no Cap or CarDB fields to see what CarDB you have. I wonder if an issue similar to the 249 happens, but we can't see it. I get the Recep w/ 1.17 as I do w/ ENA @ 249.
    So another reason (for me) to Go ENA, w/ the CNG RomUpdaterApp.prc.

Just a post for other Cing users who wonder w/ route to go.
    I would venture to say that the future Updater for Cing, might just allow us to see the carDb populated, like the ENA.
    I have went back and forth w/ this.
    especially since I'm using the CNG RomUpdaterApp. w/ ENA Rom.
    But again, I'm staying w/ ENA
    Just call me Berd.
    Ok I'm confused by some of the things said in this thread.
    If I used shadows tool and a copy of the original sprint 13.a added fat32 and removed real and tuts, do I or don't I have the latest firmware since I didn't do sprints romupdater (I loaded from card). The way this tread was sounding was that the ROM and the firmware are seperate, which could mean I have the new ROM but old firmware.
    If this is infact true, should I reset --- sprint update-- reset--- and reload my custom ROM?
    Everything is running great now and even my Jabra has been more stable ( don't know why but it is)

Thanks
    There's always next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt
    Ok I'm confused by some of the things said in this thread.
    If I used shadows tool and a copy of the original sprint 13.a added fat32 and removed real and tuts, do I or don't I have the latest firmware since I didn't do sprints romupdater (I loaded from card). The way this tread was sounding was that the ROM and the firmware are seperate, which could mean I have the new ROM but old firmware.
    If this is infact true, should I reset --- sprint update-- reset--- and reload my custom ROM?
    Everything is running great now and even my Jabra has been more stable ( don't know why but it is)

Thanks
    You can check your firmware in phone\opts\phone info.
    see if it's the latest according to Palm.
    when you run just the RomUpdaterApp.prc you don't affect the fw.
    Just call me Berd.
    It looks ok to me
    SW Treo65001.13a-SPNT
    HArdware B
    PRL 10031
    Am I missing something, or am I ok?
    It looks ok to me
    SW Treo65001.13a-SPNT
    HArdware B
    PRL 10031
    Am I missing something, or am I ok?
    What does it say under Firmware?
    Just call me Berd.
    I don't don't see firmware
    Phone Number
    PCS Vision username
    ESN
    Software
    Hardware
    HS SN
    PRL REV
    PRI Checksum

Nothing about firmware
    I don't don't see firmware
    Phone Number
    PCS Vision username
    ESN
    Software
    Hardware
    HS SN
    PRL REV
    PRI Checksum

Nothing about firmware
    I'm sorry,
    I am w/ Gsm.
    So I guess someone w/ sprint can help you.
    Typically, the best route, is to first do an Official Update from Palm,
    All the way thru.
    Then do the RomUpdater w/ your Custom.
    But If everything is working just dandy,
    Your most likely okay.
    Good to Go
    Just call me Berd.
    Thanks Ber
    hey berdinkerdickle, just wondering if you had found out anything for Cing users or the extra 1mb of surplus memory in ROM? really want to find a smaller ROM to use with my phone to see if extra memory in DBCache will help with my BT problem... 650 resets everytime I try to initiate a call from my car (just tried deleting all Trusted Devices in the phone and reset the System in my car but still no luck)... Please let me know if you have a chance...
    Thanks!
    LOL, no worries, you're a champ for still responding!
    #1. In readg my post and figuring out where I got that ? from, I realized when you were talkng bout a future update for the carDB file...
    #2. I really hope someone knows the answer...
    #3. All good, I actually have a CNG rom from him that I installed this last weekend but it didn't seem to help my BT problem...
    Thanks for your help, now get some sleep! lol
    I have read mmastrac's article over again.
    http://www.grack.com/blog/articles/...he-and-rom-size
    I still wonder if I use the 7.1 RomUpdaterApp.prc w/ a 6mb Rom.
    What is the advantage over a 8.1 RomUpdaterApp.prc w/ a 7mb Rom.
    Either way I still have 1.1 for DBcache.
    Just call me Berd.
    WOW... befor 7.1 rom updater I used the updater with 1.20 ENA and had 21.3 of 22.2Mb. befor working load of software... 14.4mb after load. Used 7.1 rom updater with 1.20 ENA rom (Both rom loads where the same & striped and added FAT32 & fast blazer) and had 22.8 of 23.4mb. and 16mb. after software load restore and GAINED 2Mb. both load where the same rom and same software just the CNG updater as aposed to the updater in the ENA.

This is VERY KWEL
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I have read mmastrac's article over again.
    http://www.grack.com/blog/articles/...he-and-rom-size
    I still wonder if I use the 7.1 RomUpdaterApp.prc w/ a 6mb Rom.
    What is the advantage over a 8.1 RomUpdaterApp.prc w/ a 7mb Rom.
    Either way I still have 1.1 for DBcache.
    You will have a usable "RAM" increase. As mmastrac says the Treo "lies" about RAM it is really NVFS that is increased.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast