1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    I've searched and searched but cant find the answer. I live in NZ and do not have internet access or email access on my Treo. It's too expensive.
    Is there any way I can get ringtones, and if so, from where?

Many thanks!
    Jeez, I've answered this or similar questions like 18 times in the past two days. Did you try searching these forums?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I copied and pasted the following suggestion from another thread on this very same forum...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Or you could just turn Kill Bill up really loud, and record the specific part you want to use directly with your Treo. That's what I would do, anyway. Just go to preferences, sounds and alerts, then on the 'tones' screen you should the a button labeled as 'new'. Just click that and you can record whatever external sounds you want and you them as ringtones. It's pretty simple, the only problem is that if you have Sprint and the newest ROM update they took that option out. There's a way to add it back, however. Which carrier do you use?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can record new ringtones yourself if you want. Just hold your Treo up to a stero playing your favorite song and hit 'record'.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  4.    #4  
    I did search and I had read your post, it just hadnt answered my question as surely someone has figured out a way to hotsync tones onto the phone?

I wanted to DL tones from the net, and then somehow get them on my treo WITHOUT having internet access on my treo. It wasnt an MP3 question.

And sorry for making you scream, but ALL of the websites only allow you to DOWNLOAD USING YOUR TREO, assuming you have WAP access, which i do not.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    You could always use Bluetooth and send yourself wav or midi files that will work as ringtones, I used that back in the day and actually started using it again since Ringo crashes my 650 now. Just make yourself a short wav file or download one onto a PC and send it via bluetooth to the 650 and boom there you go, got yourself a ringtone, same with midi files. Bluetooth adaptors have really dropped in price, I got my last one for less that 20 bucks at walmart and it works great!
    OK. I think I getcha. Basically, you're looking for a site on your computer where you can download ringtones to be used on your Treo? Have you tried 3gforfree.com? They have a wide array of tones, and they're all completely free, and you can access it via your computer. But then I guess you have the problem of actually getting them onto your Treo. Do you have an SD card? Well, you could buy the smallest one available(which comes pretty cheap), and then pick up the demo of CardExport which basically turns your Treo into a card reader and allows you to transfer files through your HotSync cable to your SD card. Actually, you don't even need an SD card for that solution to work. You can choose to transfer the files directly to your Treo's main memory if you want. Actually, just click here and you can download the trial version, which will easily be good long enough for you to get several ringtones to your treo

Now, when selecting which card to use on the main CardExport screen, make sure to select 'NVFS Volume', which is your Treo's RAM and will show up at 23.6 megabytes. I hope this helps.
  7.    #7  
    Hugely helpful, thank you both so much, I'm off to try!!

(:
    You're welcome! I'm telling you: the solution I listed above works. Just DL the CardExport demo(from the link I posted above), hook your Treo up to yor comp via the USB Sync cable, open CardExport from your Treo, select 'NFVS Volume' from the card drop-down menu, then hit connect, and your Treo will show up as an external drive in 'My Computer'(actually, it will be listed as 'E') . Then, you just select what files you want to copy to your Treo, and that's that! All you have to then is just go to preferences >sounds and alerts >tones, and select the ringtone you want to use
  9.    #9  
    It worked~ !!!
    Many thanks!!
    You are quite welcome.