1.    #1  
    Sprint Phone works fine when plugged in charging, but gets no signal if unplugged. No 3rd party software installed. I've tried soft and hard resets. All other applications run normaly. Suspect it could be the battery going. Any other ideas?
    This usually means:

1.That the battery is going to need to be replaced.

OR

2. Perhaps the little connector cable between the battery and the motherboard has become partially unseated or dislodged. This is the same cable that the famous Tinfoil Solution is applied to...

It seems that this connector can become partially dislodged for whatever reason. In some cases it may became unseated due to a sudden jarring??

This is a simple repair.

There are some instructions here on how to disassemble the T600.

Do you want to fix it yourself?
  3.    #3  
    Sure, I've seen the disassembling instructions, I'll just need to improvise a plastic thingy to remove the back after the screws are removed. Anything I should be particular aware of before I remove the back?
    Quote Originally Posted by robtread
    Sure, I've seen the disassembling instructions, I'll just need to improvise a plastic thingy to remove the back after the screws are removed. Anything I should be particular aware of before I remove the back?
    I use an old credit card to separate the back and front. I work a corner of the credit card into the seam and then gently slide it around working the front and back apart.

There is a small rectangular piece of rubber which sits between the daughter card and the motherboard on the side beside the stylus. This piece of rubber is what causes the stylus to stay snugged in it's silo. It is very easy to forget to put this rubber stylus snugger back when you are reassembling the Treo...
    I had the exact same problem, the wireless mode goes off whenever its not plugged.
    The main distributor of palm in my country said my main motherboard is broke, that they cant repair it anymore.

I tried many repairman n finally one was able to repair it. he just fiddled ard with the unit for 5 mins and voila its OK.
    He didnt remove anything, just press some buttons. but he wouldnt tell me how he do it.
    how do i unscrew those nasty little screws?

my treo is used btw and it looks like its been opened up before so they're lodged in there pretty darn good.
    Currently using: Sprint Treo 650!!
    Palm Pilot - Palm V- Handspring Visor - Samsung i500 - Treo 600
    Quote Originally Posted by wackochrisoidun

how do i unscrew those nasty little screws?
    I use a Torx #6 screwdriver which I bought at Home Depot as part of a small kit of assorted screwdrivers.

Kinda looks like this...
    I had the same problem 2 days ago. Phone was ok for last 11 mths, then suddenly unable to call out 2 days back. When ppl call me, whenever i answer, it will disconnect.

Called up Palm Malaysia technical support. Was asked to do a hard reset. Problem persist. So was ask to go to Malaysia's main distributor to send it the phone for repair. When I went to the shop today, was given a new refurbished unit in a one to one swap instead !

Seems like this is a common problem that palm are happy to just swap one for one ?

Hope this "new" phone will last longer.

Anwa
    Anwa:

How old was your phone?

You mention 11 months, were you within your one year warranty?

If not, maybe there's hope for me to get my T600 replaced again... I've been using the T600 for about 2 years, however my most recent replacement is now over a year old.

Cheers!
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for your help. I just got it working again. Apparently your first diagnosis was correct; although I bought a new battery, it wasn't needed. I adjusted the wire connecting the motherboard to the battery and it worked fine. I'll keep the battery for when it eventually dies. Thanks again for the help.