1.    #1  
    This is strange, my phone just started doing this yesterday - when I plug the charger into the phone (home or car) it initiates a hotsync. It does start charging, but once the screen goes off the phone becomes unresponsive unless you unplug it. It does this even if the charger is not plugged into the wall/cigarette lighter and you just plug it into the phone.

Its acting as if the hotsync button was pressed if the hotsync cable was in use. If i change my hotsync button to another application it launches that. This phone was just given to me by Sprint as a replacement just a week ago. I suppose I could just return it but wondering if anything I can do myself?

Thanks
    That is a friggin' weird problem. Have you tried a hard reset?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  3.    #3  
    yes, no luck
    It must be a hardware problem then. Take that mofo back. Or maybe you could just change the HotSync button to an app you use so often you don't mind it launching every time you charge?

?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Belay my last. Take that mofo back.
    I say replace the charger. I had a retractable USB Hotsync cable like the one pictured below, that would also allow for gradual charging over time. Something happened that would invoke a hotsync right when I plugged it in, even when it wasn't connected to a PC. Replacing the cable was the easiest way to fix this problem.

http://images.auctions.overstock.com...11632486_0.jpg
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reigh
    I say replace the charger. I had a retractable USB Hotsync cable like the one pictured below, that would also allow for gradual charging over time. Something happened that would invoke a hotsync right when I plugged it in, even when it wasn't connected to a PC. Replacing the cable was the easiest way to fix this problem.

http://images.auctions.overstock.com...11632486_0.jpg
    i tried multiple chargers and it did it every time. I ended up getting the phone exchanged.