Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For people who have Unlocked GSM version with Chinese Support:

Treo650-1.20-APR is available now.

http://www.palm.com/hk/ie/support/do...lockedgsm.html

Its been only 3 days since I got my Treo and started getting the "not enough memory" problem:

http://mytreo.net/treofaq/FileManagement650

and was looking to update to 1.20.

But 1.13-APR version I had could not be updated with 1.20-ROW version (that is what I read in forums).

Palm support was quick to point me to the correct country web site to get the update. If you had bought your Treo in Hong Kong you would most likely have the APR version.

I updated today and hopefully my Treo will do better now.

jk
    it's been "unofficially" out since November 2005.
    Hello. Are you guys using the Chinese version? With CJKOS build in?

Can you see both simplified and traditional Chinese on Blazer and pTunes?

I have a english 1.20 plus external CJKOS. I picked traditional as default language. Pocket Tunes can not see any simplified Chinese tag in the mp3. It's kind of annoying.

I think I saw a hacked version with the fat32 driver in hi-pda.com
    I downloaded this official 1.20-APR version and made my own customized ROM yesterday, similar to what I did with the leaked 1.20-APR ROM but adding FAT32 support. Originally I thought since they had the same version number, they should be the same. Then I noticed that the files within each release were not entirely identical. So I thought I should update to the official release just to be sure. It's been running for almost one day now and everything has been fine.

KS
    Having trouble using T3 to extract the files for 1.20 APR?

Here is an updated version of Shadowmite's T3 self executable, specifically for 1.20 APR.

Extract the .jar file from the zip & run it in the folder with all the Palm updater files.

Enjoy! http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/cool.gif
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jkwim, was curious whether you could confirm whether your Treo650-1.20-APR updater (chinese language) also still includes the English language option when configuring after your hard reset?

I also bought mine in HKG and am afraid that after my update I will only be able to choose Chinese :-)

Thanks and appreciate your prompt response
    Quote Originally Posted by tvvreden
    Jkwim, was curious whether you could confirm whether your Treo650-1.20-APR updater (chinese language) also still includes the English language option when configuring after your hard reset?

I also bought mine in HKG and am afraid that after my update I will only be able to choose Chinese :-)

Thanks and appreciate your prompt response
    confirm yes, there is English language option
    You will have the choice of English, Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese.
    Is it possible to change from 1.20 LAP to 1.20 APR?

I just want to take advantage of the CJKOS and Penpowerbeing built-in into the ROM.
    cannot upgrade to 1.20APR from 1.13ROW or 1.20ENA. It seems the updater is looking for APR before processing the upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonanza
    Is it possible to change from 1.20 LAP to 1.20 APR?

I just want to take advantage of the CJKOS and Penpowerbeing built-in into the ROM.
    I will have an SD updater you can run.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Is this based on the 1.20 APR now on the Hong Kong site or on the version leaked several weeks ago?

Also, can you please point me to any 7.1 mb ROM partition RomUpdaterApp.prc. I know there are some here but my search wasn't too effective.

Thanks for everything you have done for all of us. It is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Is this based on the 1.20 APR now on the Hong Kong site or on the version leaked several weeks ago?

Also, can you please point me to any 7.1 mb ROM partition RomUpdaterApp.prc. I know there are some here but my search wasn't too effective.

Thanks for everything you have done for all of us. It is greatly appreciated.
    Yes downloaded earlier this week from Hong Kong locality on Palm site.

Link for romupdaters http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107666

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Yes downloaded earlier this week from Hong Kong locality on Palm site.

Link for romupdaters http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107666
    Thank you again.
    Thank you jamesgangut for your response.

I am quite a neophyte with regards updating. I always follow the palm website only.

Will there be any effect if I changed directly from my current 1.20 LAP and used the 1.20 APR you posted? Sorry, but I got confused about the 7.1MB partition and romupdater.prc jgm was discussing with you.

How do I go about updating to the 1.20 APR?

Thanks.
    Will a change from 1.20 LAP to 1.20 APR affect RAM size? Is the ROM size for all Treo 650s the same?

Thanks.
    Will a change from 1.20 LAP to 1.20 APR affect RAM size? Is the ROM size for all Treo 650s the same?

Thanks.
    Yes, the ROM partition size will change which will also change the RAM size. The APR ROM is 9.8 mb and the LAP ROM is 8.4 mb so you will reduce RAM size by 1.4 MB.

However, because your CJKOS and PenPower will now be in ROM you willl save this space in RAM so ultimately your free RAM will likely be about the same.
    Hi jgm,

How do I go about updating using the aprfull.zip posted above? Sorry but I am terribly new with the method. Have you tried the aprfull.zip by jamesgangut?

Thanks.
    Hi jgm,

How do I go about updating using the aprfull.zip posted above? Sorry but I am terribly new with the method. Have you tried the aprfull.zip by jamesgangut?

Thanks.
    There is a read me file in the zip folder that gives you a link to very good instructions on installing the ROM.

I haven't tried this particular one but all the file names are the same as the earlier leaked one although I understand some of them have later dates. The earlier one I ran was very stable so I expect this one will be also.

I won't run this one in its full form but may use it at some point to make a custom ROM.

Don't worry too much about making mistakes, it is quite easy to recover from even serious problems. I was terrified the first time installed a custom ROM but it worked fine and I have since gone on to do several more and even bricked my phone twice and recovered with Shadowmite's restore tool. mmastric's new ROM tool makes it all even easier.

I recommend you do your first update when you have time to go slowly and have time to recover if you run into any problems. Good luck with it and remember there are lots of people here willing to help you through anything you run into.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast