Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want to buy a real good pair of headset so i can listen to the music. Can anyone suggest some product. I sahll appreciate any help.

regards
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Etymotic e6i
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    This is what I use. I like them.

Wireless: http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm
    How does this work? Do you have to couple the phone calls via blue tooth setting on the Tero, or Treo will think you are using the wired headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    How does this work? Do you have to couple the phone calls via blue tooth setting on the Tero, or Treo will think you are using the wired headset?
    The treo will think its wired.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Right.

I can either couple the headset to
    a)the dongle (for stereo music: Treo thinks the dongle is the wired headset) or
    b)to the treo (for voice calls).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  7.    #8  
    Thankyou all for your suggestion but can somebody please tell me a stereo wired handsfree device which is able to deliver good sound quality. The suggested links by aprasad are for regular headphones which we all know have a 3.5mm jack instead of 2.5mm jack. I don't want to use an adapter.

Is the stereo handsfree offered by palm any good.once again thanking you for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain
    Thankyou all for your suggestion but can somebody please tell me a stereo wired handsfree device which is able to deliver good sound quality. The suggested links by aprasad are for regular headphones which we all know have a 3.5mm jack instead of 2.5mm jack. I don't want to use an adapter.

Is the stereo handsfree offered by palm any good.once again thanking you for your help.
    Shure has some higher end headphones with a 2.5 plug.

You may be better off using an adapter that fits on the hotsync connector, like
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=227

The audio jack on the treo is notoriously delicate. If you damage the solder connections inside, then it can be quite a hassle to fix it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Check out the thread like 3 above this one (at least it is now). The new Shure i3c are specifically designed for the Treo and have a mic to boot so you can use it as your headset as well.
  11.    #12  
    I don't want to use the adoptor and i am not big fan of in the ear head phones. I just want a handsfree/headphone combination which shall deliver good sound.

Is the plam branded stereo headphones good. Please help.
    I don't want to use the adoptor and i am not big fan of in the ear head phones. I just want a handsfree/headphone combination which shall deliver good sound.

Is the plam branded stereo headphones good. Please help.

I don't think there is a good pair of 2.5 mm headphones. If that is the route you want to go, get a good in ear type from Sony and solder in the right connector. Any 2.5 mm stereo headset will work with phone calls using the Treo's internal mic.

The Palm and Seidio ones are not so hot... that is the word anyway.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    You could always get an Insten 2-in-1 adapter (plugs into the 650's 2.5mm audio jack) and then get a set of headphones that you like.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    If you don't like in the ear" phones (canal phones), and you don't want to use an adapter, you're going to have to settle for less sound quality than you imply that you want. The Shure is really your ONLY option for high quality (audiophile) sound while giving you an inline mic AND a 2.5mm plug. There is also a Shure i2c that is considerably less expensive than the i3c. You're going to have to make some sort of compromise - either in the ear, or lesser quality sound.

15.    #16  
    Just give me something which will match my ipod headphones quality
    The Palm and Seidio ones are probably the same quality as the basic Ipod phones. But you originally said you wanted a real good pair of headphones, which is why we recommended the Shure or Etymotics. The Shure is the only good ones with a 2.5mm connector, but of course, they also have a mic to talk on the phone.
  17.    #18  
    I found another headset:
    http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...ch/prod5320006

so which should i buy
    plantronics
    seidio
    or plam

thanking you in advance.
    I found another headset:
    http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...ch/prod5320006

so which should i buy
    plantronics
    seidio
    or plam

thanking you in advance.
    The plantronics has a 3.5 plug. If you don't want great sound, get the Palm. If you want very good sound, get the Shures.
    Not everyone has hundreds of dollars to spend on a headset. Go with the Seidio or Insten 2-in-1 adapters + headphones of your choice. Sounding great is a very subjective topic. I've tried some Shures and they sound the same to me as Sony's good in-ear phones.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast