1.    #1  
    Maybe someone here could point me in the right direction. I'm interested in using my Treo as a modem to connect my laptop to the internet when there's no wi-fi connection available. I DL'ed PDAnet a long time ago, but was never able to get it to work, and eventually gave up(this was far before I discovered this site). I heard that with the recent Sprint ROM update that using my Treo as a modem would work right out of the box without need of any third-party apps. I was hoping maybe someone could provide me with a link to a walk-through or something. My laptop is bluetooth enabled.

I was also wondering if there are any third-party SMS apps out there. I'm pretty satisfied with the SMS program that comes stock with the Treo, but I was also pretty satisfied with Snappermail until I dicovered Chatter. I have never seen anything about a third-party SMS app. Anyone got the scoop?

I recently upgraded to a 2 gig Dane-Elec SD card(the same one you often see featured in ads on this site), and for some reason my my laptop doesn't recognize it...doesn't even register that it's there. I have no idea why this is. It formats and runs perfectly from my Treo, but when I insert it into the SD card slot of my laptop nothing happens, and it never shows up as a 'device with removable storage'. I've been using CardExport to transfer data from my laptop to my Treo thus far, but that solution is FAR slower than what I'm used to. In browsing through the threads I see that a lot of people have been having problems with their cards lately, and I was hoping that someone else who's maybe had the same problem could offer me some advice. I suppose it might just be a bad card. Anyway, thanks for your time everyone.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    1. Tethering - Might wnat to check your service agreement before doing. Not saying you gonna get caught or what they will do as many people have been using this for well over a year w/o incident. But Verizon has zapped some peeps and Sprint agreement says thay can.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=Fine+Print

As for the walkthru, there's several threads here on PDANet. There's also a well written FAQ on the site

http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/faq.php

I don't have a need for the program at this point so I can't offer anything from experience.

2. Don't use SMS so gonna skip this one.

3. Have you tried formatting the card in your laptop ?

Right click on my computer / select manage / Disk management
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the links.

The card doesn't show up as even being connected in my laptop, so I can't format it. My laptop recognizes my other 2 SD cards perfectly though. It's so weird. I may as well have a slice of bread in the SD card slot...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?