1.    #1  
    So Im pondering finally purchasing a BT headset, but was wondering what (if any) side-effects I might expect when my treo is paired up with my (highly used) BT-338 GPS reciever.

I thought I remembered reading someplace on here a while back that you cant have 2 BT devices paired at the same time with the treo.

So what happens when I recieve a call when its currently paired with the GPS reciever? Will it automatically switch over to my headset? Once the call is over, will it auto switch back to the reciever?

TIA!
    I am bit rusty on the BT pasrt as I haven't bread those threads in a while only that the restrictions imposed had me going out and getting a wired solution...but lemme see if I can get this right.

Wired GPS - GPS and Treo always charged. When call comes in, TT goes into background mode and call routed directly to BT headset. When call ends, TT starts up again....no hands required.

BT GPS - GPS and Treo on battery so no long rides. When call comes in you have to close TT, take the calla nd then start up TT manually.

Of course you can use a charging crdale or car charger with Treo but then you have same amount of wires as a wired solution. Twice as much if you also charging the GPS.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reponse Jack, but that doesnt really answer my question.

Im not worried about the wires or power- Ive already got the BT GPS reciever and Ive been using it for a while (I can also attest I can easily go 2-3 hours on a fully charged Treo and Receiver before needing a charge for either).

My main concern is how the treo handles the multiple BT connections. As far as switching back and forth between them.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by durex
    Thanks for the reponse Jack, but that doesnt really answer my question.
    I thot it did...see bold part

Quote Originally Posted by durex
    My main concern is how the treo handles the multiple BT connections. As far as switching back and forth between them.
    Wired GPS - GPS and Treo always charged. When call comes in, TT goes into background mode and call routed directly to BT headset. When call ends, TT starts up again....no hands required.

BT GPS - GPS and Treo on battery so no long rides. When call comes in you have to close TT, take the call and then start up TT manually.

With wired, you don't have multiple. With two BT, you have to manually switch. Here's a TC review comment

http://store.treocentral.com/content...10-41--189.htm

"Due to a limitation in Treo 650 's Bluetooth implementation, only one Bluetooth device can be used at time. For example, you can not use the GPS Receiver and a Bluetooth headset at the same time"

Here's an answer from a user in this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106252

"bluetooth based TomTom does offer a kind of dual connection. The phone can be answered on the Treo 650 while TT is active, and the call can be switched to the headset. The Treo then looses the TomTom bluetooth GPS connection for a while. But once TomTom is restarted it continues as if never interrupted. This is all manual unfortunately and requires 2 presses of the green button. And of course I always get a call when I need TT the most for directions and the would be directions during call time are lost as am I."
    I have several Bluetoot headsets and my car bluetooth linked to the 650. The 650 will pick whichever headset is (or the car) which is turned on. I have not tried the Bluetooth
    GPS as I don't have one. I hope this sheds some light on the subject.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    "bluetooth based TomTom does offer a kind of dual connection. The phone can be answered on the Treo 650 while TT is active, and the call can be switched to the headset. The Treo then looses the TomTom bluetooth GPS connection for a while. But once TomTom is restarted it continues as if never interrupted. This is all manual unfortunately and requires 2 presses of the green button. And of course I always get a call when I need TT the most for directions and the would be directions during call time are lost as am I."
    This definately answers my question. Unfortunately not with the answer I was hoping for, yet expected somewhat. At least it auto switches to the headset.

Thanks again Jack...