Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    So I got Fusemail all setup added RSS feeds and such though I haven't gotten any updates from them, my questions is how long does Fusemail usually take to Poll the POP3 accounts that you add to it. I set it up with my paid Yahoo Service which I don't think I am going to keep when it runs out and my MSN account that was at one time back in the day a paid account. The both set up fine but I don't see the email getting to me, when I set it up I got the email that was in my old MSN box and it deleted like it was supposed to but I am still wondering how long does it take for the email to be Polled? Is it like 15 or 20 min intervals or is there a setting I just missed. Anyone that is using Fusemail I would appriciate some assistance. Thanks alot
    You can set it up to poll at any interval you wish. I don't see why, however, you need Fusemail if you're just using POP3 accounts. All you should need is your Yahoo or MSN email and Chatter and that's it.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    The pop3 option no longer works for my MSN account and I don't know why, I tried everything I could think of. When I set Fusemail up it seemed to be flawless so far I just couldn't find a setting for how often it checks email. As for the Yahoo! and my Adelphia account, I just threw those in there cause they receive such little mail.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Well, you don't change the setting in Fusemail - you change it in Chatter. You shouldn't even need Fusemail though if you're just using POP3. You'd only need it if you wanted to take advantage of 'push' email, or if was going to be your primary email addy and you wanted IMAP. I recommend deleting your current mailbox from within Chatter, and then just setting up a new one, while being more mindful of the settings. That first set-up screen in chatter has a drop-down list of email service providers. All you have to do is select your specific provider(whether it be Yahoo or MSN or whatever), and all the settings will be configured for you automattically(well, not counting your username and password). That very same screen is also where you set up the intervals at which you wish Chatter to poll for new mail at. Fusemail shouldn't even come into the equation.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Yahoo! worked just fine the issues that I ran into were with my MSN account. It was a POP3 a long time ago back in like 99 and 2000 but I have since canceled the account and no longer have the pop access like I did before. I plugged in all the right info for MSN in several different apps and it tested ok, but it would not log in and download any email. I went the route of fusemail cause I could put all my seldom used addresses into one IMAP account and also the use of the RSS feeds, If I could figure out how to deliever the RSS feeds to Chatter in the format of an email I would be thrilled! Maybe there is something missing that I should ask about Chatter? If you have the POP3 access can you check MSN mail with Chatter?
    I'm not sure if there's a way to receive RSS feeds in an email, but it's definitely something to look into. So MSN doesn't natively support POP3?
    MSN uses it's own protocol (not POP3).

Marc
    Weird. I guess MSN doesn't have POP3 support after all(unless maybe it's a paid option). You mean HotMail though, right? I dunno, in my brief search I couldn't find anything about HotMail's POP cabability or if it even has any. Does it at least give you a forwarding option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    MSN uses it's own protocol (not POP3).

Marc
    Well, that answers that.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Yea, way back in the late 90's it did have POP3 access if you paid for it, and it also had the ability to forward it to another email address. I was using a program that is talked about on here called HeatMail and it did a good job as far as check MSN but I want to use just one email app, I like the way that Chatter handles all my email, so my job over the weekend was to find a way to do this. Fusemail and of course continuing to use Chatter was the best option.