Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would like an app that I can record memos as wav files on my SD card so I can move them to my computer. Heck mp3s will be great. Anything?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I'm happy with Voice Memo v. 1.2 by palmOne, Inc.
    I love CallRec v. 1.21.
    records phone calls and voice memo
    excellent sound quality on newest version.
    Need a BIG sd card, files are big
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    SoundRec
    VoicePad / VoiceMemo

Don't rememebr why I kept the two different versions of SoundRec...IIRC the newer gave some peeps problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    mVoice from www.motionApps.com is another.
  6.    #6  
    Lots of good stuff there... Let me dig into it a little and see what I like. Thanks all, i'll keep this thread open with my feedback.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    I could be wrong, but I think the Treo natively records .wav files if you select to make a new tone in the 'sounds and alerts' section of your preferences. And then it even gives you the option to send it somewhere, through either bluetooth, IR, or email.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  8.    #8  
    SoundRec rocks! Problem is that it is not allowing me to save to my card. It says the card is not writable but all other apps write fine. hmmm...
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    SoundRec rocks! Problem is that it is not allowing me to save to my card. It says the card is not writable but all other apps write fine. hmmm...
    I'm having the same problem Is everybody experiencing this problem? Is there an easy fix?

K
    I had the same problem with the newer soundrec not saving to the sd card. I went back to version 1.04 and can save to the card no problem. By the way it is a great program small footprint, easy to use, and free.
    I think Audacity is the easiest recorder to use on a day to day basis. Easy to access and less keystrokes. It also makes very small files, but still has very good audio quality. It has all the features you could ask for and is solid.
    www.AudacityAudio.com
    mvoice gets my vote. Simple...side button launch...records phone calls...files are easily emailable using your choice of email apps. Sound file quality and size is non-problematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    I would like an app that I can record memos as wav files on my SD card so I can move them to my computer. Heck mp3s will be great. Anything?
    are there no more "search first" police in TreoCentral
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    are there no more "search first" police in TreoCentral

They are all in hibernation waiting for the 700P. . . . . . . . .
    ^^ LOL! I use the soundrecorder provided by PalmOne, someone posted it on this site in an earlier post, works great for recording lectures. Yet another use for my 650
    PDA History

Treo 90 > Sony Clie SJ-20 > Tungsten E > HP Ipaq 4355 > Dell Axim X30 > Tungsten T|3 > Tungsten T|5 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Tungsten T|5 > Tungsten E|2 > Tungsten T|X > Blackberry 7250 > Treo 650 (Current)

Functional Palms
    Treo 650, T|X, and T|E2

Too Many Palms!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I had the same problem with the newer soundrec not saving to the sd card. I went back to version 1.04 and can save to the card no problem. By the way it is a great program small footprint, easy to use, and free.
    Problem solved! I was getting that writable message too. Went back to this version and adjusted the Sound quality (was playing too fast) and it's all good.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Knew there was a reason I had posted both in message 4 above......couldn't remeber why I had the older version just knew that it was the one we want
    I have also noticed on the 650 with the Palm One sound recorder that I mentioned earlier,"skips" alot... would anyone have an idea to why this is and a fix?
    Jordan
    PDA History

Treo 90 > Sony Clie SJ-20 > Tungsten E > HP Ipaq 4355 > Dell Axim X30 > Tungsten T|3 > Tungsten T|5 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Tungsten T|5 > Tungsten E|2 > Tungsten T|X > Blackberry 7250 > Treo 650 (Current)

Functional Palms
    Treo 650, T|X, and T|E2

Too Many Palms!!!
    I use CallRec 2.0. Fantastic phone conversion recorder and voice recorder. Love it. It can save to SD card as well.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Audacity Audio offers two great recording applications, the Audacity DVR PRofessional and the Audacity Personal Edition. FIles can be recorded to an SD card or internal memory and they are transfered to the PC via a HotSync.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast