1.    #1  
    I am getting a error now. Everything was fine for months and now NOTHING

The error is

535 5.7.8 bad username or password.

Nothing has changed at my end?????
    kerrys914,
    It would be better if you provided a bit more information, so that other forum members can offer assistence.

Who is your mail provider?
    Is this a POP account?
    Is this an IMAP account?
    Are you able to connect with your mail via a desktop client?
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Is this Sprint's SMTP server?

Marc
  4.    #4  
    I am using FASTMAIL for incoming mail and WAS using sprintpcs for outgoing mail. I tried changing to FASTMAIL for my outgoing and I still get the same problem???
    Check the SMTP Profile and make sure everything's right; please send me a log if you're still stuck - instructions are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com.

Marc
    I'm having this same problem.... using Sprint outgoing mail server, everything was working until a week ago... then the thing stopped sending my mail from the treo... I get "535 5.7.8 Bad Username or Password". Everything is fine with my settings. Any ideas???
    ____
    reverisco.
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanKnox
    I'm having this same problem.... using Sprint outgoing mail server, everything was working until a week ago... then the thing stopped sending my mail from the treo... I get "535 5.7.8 Bad Username or Password". Everything is fine with my settings. Any ideas???
    Try loggin into your email through your Sprint My Account page (on your PC, not your Treo.)

Once there, reset your password. You can use the same one if you like, just re-enter it.

May just be a coincidence, but it worked for me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hmm... very wise you are, yes. You just alleviated me of a week's frustration. You may be a diety.
    ____
    reverisco.