Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Added some support help and links.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=91
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Thanks for the suggestion James.
    Good Point. We all are capitalizing on the hours mmastrac
    is spending on this Fantastic project.
    I will click that Visa ****, Myself also.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I have been thinking about something for a day or so. mmastrac has done alot for all of us in getting this going and fixing bugs quickly and adding features as requested. In the process he rendered hos Treo unusable (at present). He has put a donate box up on his site where you download the software. I thought it would be nice if everyone who used this gave him something like $10 he could make sure and buy a couple extra Motherboards for his Treo so he can first have his phone, and second continue development at a much increased rate.

Just my $.02 worth.
    good idea and done.

This tool has been very helpful. I did not have a problem with Shadowmite's card method, except I wouldn't keep up with updates with software in ROM like I want to. With this method, it is so fast and simple that updating software is a snap and you take away virtually all concerns with "bricking" the phone. Plus, I have made several colleagues happy by removing unwanted items in their ROM's. Before, I really didn't want to risk doing something with their phones. And again, this is done in a matter of a few minutes.

Now, I have to study up a little more on Cingular to see if I can help another colleague get her Treo more stable. It freezes on her quite often. It's stock with the exception of xpressmail and Docs to Go. I think she has 1.17.
    I know more answers will come w/ time. And I understood Cranium's suggestion to ease-up on bringing up issues that will just add to the confusion. So as this tool gets further along, and in the mean time.
    What is the Recommended DB Cache Size?
    Is more better. If I use the 7.1, I get 1.3 DB Cache w/ a 5.8 ROM size.
    But if I use the 8.4 I get 2.6, is that better?
    It sounds like he (mmastrac) is saying there's a balance.
    Otherwise he would not recommend a smaller Rom Partition.
    Smaller RomP means "More Usable Ram" but less DB Cache.
    My underlying question is:
    What is the Optimum amount of Free space in the Rom Partition?
    (Rom Partition minus Rom Size)

I know shut-up and use my treo.
    The answers will come.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I have the tools, downloaded and installed MS dotnet and installed the driver. When I run the RomTool I get past the waiting for phone, but then get an error message: Error checking for updates: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required. and won't go any further.

I am trying this from my work pc. Is this a problem with the company firewall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom_D
    I have the tools, downloaded and installed MS dotnet and installed the driver. When I run the RomTool I get past the waiting for phone, but then get an error message: Error checking for updates: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required. and won't go any further.

Sounds like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom_D

clipped
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 02/23/2006 at 02:59 PM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

8.    #148  
    Thom_D: I'll bet you have an NTLM-enabled proxy. I'll need to add code to handle automatically picking up your proxy + authorization from your current Windows user, but it's a bit of a pain to get it working. It won't affect the tool at runtime - just checking for updates.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    Thom_D: I'll bet you have an NTLM-enabled proxy. I'll need to add code to handle automatically picking up your proxy + authorization from your current Windows user, but it's a bit of a pain to get it working. It won't affect the tool at runtime - just checking for updates.
    mmastrac, is there a way to turn the checking off and on to bypass this if I know I have the most current version?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Can you point your browser here ?
    http://grack.com/romtool/updatecheck
    This is the link it is checking.
    Yes it brings up a page that only has the following on it:

http://www.grack.com/romtool
  11.    #151  
    Thom_D: I can see what I can do to disable checking for updates.
    Hey, I got a new one for ya.

Whenever I try to download my ROM as a folder, I get this error:

Wrong Central Directory signature

at
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.ReadEntries()

at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile..ctor(Stream
    baseStream)

at
    RomTool.Roms.RomDirectoryOutput.ProcessZip(IProgress
    pProgress, Stream stm)

at RomTool.Operations.DownloadOperation.Perform()

at RomTool.Operations.Operation.<Run>b__0()

at
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object
    state)

at
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
    executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object
    state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Then the program quits.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-N

P.S. Verizon Treo 650 FW 1.04. WinXP Pro up to date
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Matthew this is a good feature in your tool. Will there be a way to optionally remove the lookup?
    I had a day off work, so I've been playing with custom ROMs all day. The tool is fantastic! I've always been scared to take the plunge before. I even "bricked" my Treo at one point (installed Opera Mini in ROM), and recovered it with no problem.

I now have 15.5 MB free RAM!!!!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanook
    Hey, I got a new one for ya.

Whenever I try to download my ROM as a folder, I get this error:

Wrong Central Directory signature

at
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.ReadEntries()

at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile..ctor(Stream
    baseStream)

at
    RomTool.Roms.RomDirectoryOutput.ProcessZip(IProgress
    pProgress, Stream stm)

at RomTool.Operations.DownloadOperation.Perform()

at RomTool.Operations.Operation.<Run>b__0()

at
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object
    state)

at
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
    executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object
    state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Then the program quits.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-N

P.S. Verizon Treo 650 FW 1.04. WinXP Pro up to date
    Could you save your ROM dump as a file and upload it to ftp://u35479509-treo:treotreo@ftp.grack.com/ ?

I'll take a look and see.

BTW, are you using 0.9.4 or 0.9.5 of the tool?
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    Matthew this is a good feature in your tool. Will there be a way to optionally remove the lookup?
    I'll add a way to disable new version checks at some point, but it might be a little while until I can get to it. There's a couple more things I wanted to work on.
    this is a loooong thread. I just wonder if this tool is the only working rom tool for latest version of treo 650 rom ?
    what about Shadowmite's tool ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    this is a loooong thread. I just wonder if this tool is the only working rom tool for latest version of treo 650 rom ?
    what about Shadowmite's tool ?
    Just read the Rom tool web page, and read the step by step pdf file. It's a piece o' cake!!!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

One more thing that I haven't seen mentioned. I am using the new ROM tool to update my ROM. It compresses the files, so if I put a 500k file in there, it actually takes up much less space. So theoretically, stuffing compressed programs into ROM will allow more total programs to be stored on the device, right?

OK, I get to the Upload Rom part,
    and the Tool says I have 1.5mb of 'Wasted Space'
    Am I supposed to get this 'Wasted Space' down to as little as possible?
    Just call me Berd.
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast