Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 601
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    On step 7 you say "or reset while holding the hotsync button"
    Do we want disable the Hotsync Manager on our Computer?
    So we don't launch a Hotsync.
    On mine, HotSync won't start until I release the button, so there was no need for me to disable the HotSync Manager. I just depressed the button and then pushed the reset button on the phone.
  2. #122  
    Thanks james.
    Also I did not think about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    On mine, HotSync won't start until I release the button, so there was no need for me to disable the HotSync Manager. I just depressed the button and then pushed the reset button on the phone.
    Thanks 2000Man
    Just call me Berd.
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    What about deleting all the deDE, (for that matter all Langs)
    The ones u left in your custom #1, for a HardR are no longer needed?
    Thanks
    If you want to fix the carrierdb issue you still need the 7 (not 8, no need for digitizer) whether you use De Es It doesn't matter.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    If you want to fix the carrierdb issue you still need the 7 (not 8, no need for digitizer) whether you use De Es It doesn't matter.
    Perfect,
    Also when do we do the RomUpdaterApp.prc (rev cvt2)
    Before or after?
    Because If I did it first I still fight the 255 issue.
    So I was trying to build mine from the Official Update.
    Just call me Berd.
  5. #125  
    James and Matthew,

    As a product-purchase and use geek, I'm fairly advanced; as an internal-test and customizer, I'm an ignoramus.

    Anyway, I have downloaded Matthew's rom tool and followed James' instructions and I have created my first custom rom!!!!

    Damn, my treo is blazing fast now, too!!!

    So, thank you very much for all of your hard work and thank you for sharing it with us!

    (I don't think I'm gonna experiment with the RomUpdaterApp.prc yet; too much, too soon, and it's time to party!)
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Perfect,
    Also when do we do the RomUpdaterApp.prc (rev cvt2)
    Before or after?
    Because If I did it first I still fight the 255 issue.
    So I was trying to build mine from the Official Update.
    Do you have a rom with the Palm & Rom dirs? If so then make your rom dir. then in the tool use convert rom. Convert it to ace-palmos choose a directory on you deskto like temprom. Then copy the two files to the rom dir of the Sd. Verify the zip size, then copy the romupdaterapp to the palm\launcher dir. Then run it.

    From here on out just use the RomTool you don;t need to mess with this again. If after you reset you get stuck at the pa1m0ne screen, the image was too big. Use my fully stripped rom and the RomTool to get it going again.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  7. temna's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #127  
    I uploaded the ROMS I tried..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Do you have a rom with the Palm & Rom dirs? If so then make your rom dir. then in the tool use convert rom. Convert it to ace-palmos choose a directory on you deskto like temprom. Then copy the two files to the rom dir of the Sd. Verify the zip size, then copy the romupdaterapp to the palm\launcher dir. Then run it.

    From here on out just use the RomTool you don;t need to mess with this again. If after you reset you get stuck at the pa1m0ne screen, the image was too big. Use my fully stripped rom and the RomTool to get it going again.
    Thanks, I also found your answer in the instructions "Converting ROM"
    I have been up way too many hours
    Just call me Berd.
  9. temna's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #129  
    Is this bad?:

    ---------------------------
    Error
    ---------------------------
    An error occurred. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this error to the clipboard.
    Operation finished with errorcode: 31

    at LoMaN.IO.SerialStream.EndOperation(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean isRead)

    at LoMaN.IO.SerialStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

    at LoMaN.IO.SerialStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

    at RomTool.PhoneInterface.<>c__DisplayClass4.<CreateWriterThread>b__3()

    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    ---------------------------
    OK
    ---------------------------
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
  10. temna's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #130  
    ---------------------------
    Error
    ---------------------------
    An error occurred. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this error to the clipboard.
    Unable to open \\.\WCEUSBSH001

    at LoMaN.IO.SerialStream.Open(String port)

    at LoMaN.IO.SerialStream..ctor(String port)

    at RomTool.Connections.SerialConnection.Connect(String strConnection)

    at RomTool.PhoneInterface.ConnectToPhone(IProgress pProgress)

    at RomTool.PhoneInterface.Go(IProgress pProgress)

    at RomTool.PhoneInterface.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Start>b__0()

    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    ---------------------------
    OK
    ---------------------------
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
  11.    #131  
    This error usually means that a USB cable connection is loose and a proper connection can't be made.

    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    Is this bad?:

    ---------------------------
    Error
    ---------------------------
    An error occurred. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this error to the clipboard.
    Operation finished with errorcode: 31

    at LoMaN.IO.SerialStream.EndOperation(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean isRead)

    at LoMaN.IO.SerialStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

    at LoMaN.IO.SerialStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

    at RomTool.PhoneInterface.<>c__DisplayClass4.<CreateWriterThread>b__3()

    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    ---------------------------
    OK
    ---------------------------
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    This error usually means that a USB cable connection is loose and a proper connection can't be made.
    If that's the case,
    Then the rubber band Idea is the way to go.
    There is lots of threads on Bad hotsync connections.
    I have noticed that my connection gets bad over time, So it is a good idea to keep it clean.
    Just call me Berd.
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    If that's the case,
    Then the rubber band Idea is the way to go.
    There is lots of threads on Bad hotsync connections.
    I have noticed that my connection gets bad over time, So it is a good idea to keep it clean.
    My trick is to push down gently on the USB pins with the backside of my nail to make sure that they come out all the way (not all the pins are the same length, though). Once I've done that, I push the cable in somewhat forcefully and wiggle it gently side-to-side to ensure that the pins are touching the connector. Once I started that technique, I never ended up with a bad hotsync connection!

    The rubber band trick would certainly help in any case. I recommend taking any precaution to keep your connection secure during a ROM upgrade.
  14. temna's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #134  
    Another trick: make sure you plug the usb cable directly into the PC, not into a cheap usb extension dongle.. *Doh!* *wipeseggoffface* =(
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    Another trick: make sure you plug the usb cable directly into the PC, not into a cheap usb extension dongle.. *Doh!* *wipeseggoffface* =(
    Was this why you were getting those errors? Probably a good thing to add to the tutorials/troubleshooting.
  16. temna's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #136  
    Ja. I removed it from the dongle and then everything seemed to fix itself. I had problems with AtiveSynch and couldn't figure it out until I cleaned my desk. Mind you I only clean my desk when I'm frustrated and want to clear my head. That's when I noticed the Palm USB cable was going into a USB extension cable. Guess it was a round about user error. Still, on four hours of sleep the last thing you want to hear is that you screwed up. Sorry everyone. Teaches me that I should wait until a day off to play rom-bingo.. Hey, maybe THAT should make it into the tutorials..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
  17. #137  
    I have been thinking about something for a day or so. mmastrac has done alot for all of us in getting this going and fixing bugs quickly and adding features as requested. In the process he rendered hos Treo unusable (at present). He has put a donate box up on his site where you download the software. I thought it would be nice if everyone who used this gave him something like $10 he could make sure and buy a couple extra Motherboards for his Treo so he can first have his phone, and second continue development at a much increased rate.

    Just my $.02 worth.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I have been thinking about something for a day or so. mmastrac has done alot for all of us in getting this going and fixing bugs quickly and adding features as requested. In the process he rendered hos Treo unusable (at present). He has put a donate box up on his site where you download the software. I thought it would be nice if everyone who used this gave him something like $10 he could make sure and buy a couple extra Motherboards for his Treo so he can first have his phone, and second continue development at a much increased rate.

    Just my $.02 worth.
    I 2nd that.
  19. #139  
    Yep, just sent mine. Thanks for all the hard work!

    Maz,
  20. resturg's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #140  
    My check is in the mail also.
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions