Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I can gather if you decrease the rom size as much as possible this will create more space for dbcache and esentially increase the dynamic ram for storing apps because you will be able to have a less free space and not get an out of memory error.
    several regular phones -> sidekick 2 -> treo 650 -> hopefully 700p
  2.    #62  
    Another release:

0.9.2 - Bugfix release

* Fixed again: phones with security passwords should be detected now
    * Added conversion from ROM .pdb files

http://grack.com/romtool
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Thank you for the Beta software.. Crashes twice.. Third try, I try the Cust4 firmware for my OEM PalmOne Treo 650.. IT'S BRICKED! Now it's stuck at the PalmOne screen.. And it is again a "no longer recognised USB device..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Please excuse this obviously newbie post (!) but is there a step-by-step for those of us that have perfected the art of being stupid??
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    Thank you for the Beta software.. Crashes twice.. Third try, I try the Cust4 firmware for my OEM PalmOne Treo 650.. IT'S BRICKED! Now it's stuck at the PalmOne screen.. And it is again a "no longer recognised USB device..
    Sounds like user error. Bad luck. Maybe it can still be saved though.
  6.    #66  
    Your phone isn't lost - it just has an invalid ROM zip loaded and we need to get a proper one on there. You may have uploaded a ZIP file that didn't contain a boot.conf or some other type of file.

Can you send me a copy of the ROM zip you uploaded?

You should use a stock ROM zip to restore your phone. Make sure that the USB cable is securely connected.

The tool doesn't do anything to alter the bootloader, so you will always be able to get back to it. You might need to reboot, however, as the driver is somewhat flakey (it's out of our control, however).

Are you using GSM or CDMA? What does you bootloader say for a version number? (it should be something like 0.24, 0.22, etc.)

When you connect your phone to the application, what does Phone Info say? Can you click the "copy to clipboard" button and send it to me?
    Last edited by mmastrac; 02/21/2006 at 11:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    ...clip... The tool doesn't do anything to alter the bootloader, so you will always be able to get back to it. ...clip...
    That's an interesting point.
    Does the 'rev cvt2' method risk the bootloader?
    Just call me Berd.
  8.    #68  
    The rev cvt2 could potentially brick your phone if you upload the wrong IPL, SPL or interrupt the flash process. The new tool is designed to prevent that, but I think I missed a check that may have allowed temna to upload a ROM zip that wasn't a valid ROM zip.
    I cant get this to d/l my current ROM. When i tell it to d/l it as a .zip, the .zip is corrupted and nothing can open it (though it is the correct size). When I ask it to d/l as a directory, it gets to 100% and then errors/crashes....

It looks like a great tool though, cant wait for the bugs to get squashed!
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    I cant get this to d/l my current ROM. When i tell it to d/l it as a .zip, the .zip is corrupted and nothing can open it (though it is the correct size). When I ask it to d/l as a directory, it gets to 100% and then errors/crashes....

It looks like a great tool though, cant wait for the bugs to get squashed!
    AnteL0pe: Can you email the output from the phone info screen to "matthew - at - mastracci.com"? Also, can you send me the zip file that it downloads (you can ftp it to ftp.grack.com, username u35479509-treo, password treotreo)?
    Sure, I just got a message that a newer version is available so I'm trying that one. I'll email you what you asked for if this one errors as well. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Please excuse this obviously newbie post (!) but is there a step-by-step for those of us that have perfected the art of being stupid??
    I am working on one. I will post it later today.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    AnteL0pe: Can you email the output from the phone info screen to "matthew - at - mastracci.com"? Also, can you send me the zip file that it downloads (you can ftp it to ftp.grack.com, username u35479509-treo, password treotreo)?
    The info is all uploaded to you. Enjoy!
    you're a peach, james!
    yea, i had the same problem, i thought my phone was bricked as well..

Dont upload the entire zip of Cust4, i did the same thing with Cust1. What i ended up doing was using shadowmites ROM tool to make a new rom out of Cust4 and uploaded that one.

After i did, it went passed the palmOne logo and booted normally with everything exactly the way it was BEFORE the rom, except without all crap from the stock rom Oh and blazer 4.3 + FAT32!
  16.    #76  
    Kev1000000:

I added a check to the new version that checks for boot.conf before letting you upload. I'm pretty sure that's what the problem was...
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Ok, so now what do I do.. I tried the instructions for the Palm upgrade, but hitting the hotsynch button doesn't do anything.. Just sits there at the pa1mOne screen.. I CAN get the rainbow loader.. But nothing else happens.. No activity at all.. So, am I right that I have a $600 paper weight? BTW, my signature should have told you it is an unlocked palmone branded GSM phone..
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Sounds like user error. Bad luck. Maybe it can still be saved though.
    Gee, calling me an ***** makes me feel 100% better..
    Ok, so now what do I do.. I tried the instructions for the Palm upgrade, but hitting the hotsynch button doesn't do anything.. Just sits there at the pa1mOne screen.. I CAN get the rainbow loader.. But nothing else happens.. No activity at all.. So, am I right that I have a $600 paper weight? BTW, my signature should have told you it is an unlocked palmone branded GSM phone..
    No you don't have a Paper wt
    Some one will probably be along to help.
    A little out of my leage.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    When I use the tool, it just sits there at receiving sector dump.. Lovely.. I've lost four months of work just by trying something new.. And then someone has to say it's MY FAULT?!?
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast