Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Jack

Census is, Format it Fat16.
    Only when your card is above 2GB, does one format Fat32.
    Just call me Berd.
    mmastrac:

I think for the next version (if you put out a next version) should include a reset button so that we can reset the treo via your program once we upload the custom ROM.............

just a thought..........
    Quote Originally Posted by treonu-b
    mmastrac:

I think for the next version (if you put out a next version) should include a reset button so that we can reset the treo via your program once we upload the custom ROM.............

just a thought..........
    .......and the possibility to change the Rom partition size....
    We are waiting for you.
    Thanks.
    As for ROM partition sizes, remember this:
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    Don't hold your breath for this one. Changing the ROM partition size is a pretty tricky operation. I might just hack the RomUpdaterApp to create a couple of permutations of various ROM partition sizes because of the difficulty of the operation.

If I can get my JTAG connection working, I'll certainly be able to play with this much more, however - it's just that the potential for disaster during development is much higher.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    Any mac users around? I'm working on a Java port to support you guys and I'll eventually need some testers/information about the Mac platform. Email me at matthew - at - mastracci - dot - com if you are interested.
    email sent - thanks
    so so lost
    I've been using the ROM tool for a few weeks now (great stuff by the way), got pretty much what I wanted off my Cingular Treo (VersaMail, GetGood, XPressMail, Real Player). Also created a custom ROM with apps that I find useful for me (Keyshades, Card Export, LEDOff, VolumeCare, Pocket Tunes).

The other day, I was trying to add the "Fast Mode" Blazer to my Treo, and now I get this error when trying to upload the new ROM image (zip file or directory):

An error occurred during the operation:
    Could not load file or assembly ‘ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.84.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at RomTool.Operation.Run()
    at RomTool.RomToolForm.RunOperation(Operation op)

I also get the same error when trying to download the ROM to my computer. My Treo is working fine, but I want to get back into the ROM to tweak some things!
    Quote Originally Posted by big jess 510
    so so lost
    Start here
    Hi,

I'm having a little problem customizing rom using the SD update. When I put my card in at the proper step it never downloads anything. Ive tried putting files in PALM directory off the root, as well as the root of the SD card. Nothing happens, it just ends up on the phone application.

Also, when I look at it using the custom rom tool, it tells me my custom rom is missing some "boot" file.

Thanks,

Andy
    Why not use the RomTool?

There are two different stuctures for SD updaters. One is the Automated method that will have a Palm dir at root and then start.prc and quite a few other subdirectories. ***If this is done wrong you can perma-brick your phone ***

The second it the manual way where the app is located in \palm\launcher but all the files are in \rom directory. ***If this is done wrong you can perma-brick your phone ***

If you are using the RomTool to extract a preconfigured ROM then you just need to use the ace-palmos.zip and convert it to a folder. The message youare getting about there being no boot is validating that you have a rom image.

If you are trying to change a partition size and need to run an SD updater once post some more details first so you are sure you have the correct setup.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I was just trying to get my Sprint CDMA a rom with fast mode blazer and fat32. I'm a little confused about possibly needing to Downgrade my firmware, as I had updated and I see that fast mode won't work with the newest patch. Thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869
    I was just trying to get my Sprint CDMA a rom with fast mode blazer and fat32. I'm a little confused about possibly needing to Downgrade my firmware, as I had updated and I see that fast mode won't work with the newest patch. Thanks for the help.
    I believe I read that the fast mode Blazer will not work with Sprint CDMA. I do have fat32 in my Sprint Treo.
    I thought it did, just not with 1.13 firmware. You should be able to downgrade and use it, no? Then my question is- will the rom take care of the downgrade, or is that a seperate process...
    I just used the ROM update tool to create a custom ROM for my Cingular Treo after upgrading to the 1b ROM that Palm posted a couple weeks back. I dont know if it will make any difference, but hey. I had a custom ROM before too, created from the 1.17 ROM.

My question is: When I just created this newest custom ROM from the 1.17 b ROM I noticed a file in the ROM that wasnt there in the other one. It was the first file listed and it was called "__MMServers_CNGW.cpdb." I tke it this file is supposed to be there right? Part of the update perhaps? Anyone know for sure?
    It is a VersaMail file.

16. tmt
    MMServers holds the preconfigured mail settings for numerous worldwide ISPs. It's not a critical file, but it's useful and who knows what Worsamail will do without it.
    Experts or any one more knowledgeable then me which means almost everyone:

What is the Error Warning status 27?
    (How does it know my IQ...)

I get it mostly when I start RomTool (0.9.7.0) after the Treo is already in bootload mode.

Thanks
    Anyone in the SF Bay Area want to make a few dollars by installing this on my Treo
  19.    #479  
    Okay guys - I just released v1.0.0. Not too many fixes over the last 0.9.7 version:

- Merge the zip code into the EXE - no more DLLs
    - Some token fixes from CraniumFunk
    - Allow reconnect after connection error
    - Got rid of token warnings (this code has been tested enough)

Note that there are two command-line options:

-noupdatecheck - skips the update check
    -nowarn - skips the warning at the program start

I guess it's time to start gathering features for future releases. Note that I will likely be releasing the 2.0 version as a Java application to make it more cross-platform.

Some of the features on the roadmap are:

- Saving previous contents of dropdowns
    - Creating "ROM patches" that add, remove or smart-patch given files from any ROM
    - Allowing people to disable the update check
    - Automatic download of ROMs from the internet (subscribe to ROMs?)
    - Allowing hard resets to happen from the tool itself
    - Bootloader console mode for advanced users
    Quote Originally Posted by big jess 510
    Anyone in the SF Bay Area want to make a few dollars by installing this on my Treo
    no one?