Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Two options:
    Use an SD updater to goto 1.20-ENA

Use the RomTool to change the tokens from 1.17-CNG to 1.20-ENA, then run Palm's updater. I would recommend this option.
    this sounds like a steller idea but I have little idea of what that means or how to do it
    not to be rude
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

do I NEED a sd card? I dont have one yet?
    No.
    Have you read the link James provided?
    U change Token, And run the Official ENA Updater from Palm.
    Do you know how to do that?
    Just call me Berd.
    nope, I'm going to read the link a few times
    I've stumbled upon these interesting threads on how to modify the ROM. I have a question before I dive into this......after reading all the threads and sub threads on ROMs I'm confused as to whether they apply to the CDMA version or the GSM versions.

For example, I see custo 1.20 ROMS, am I correct that these will only work on a GSM phone? Or can I upload it to my CDMA Sprint PCS Treo?
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    1.20 is for GSM only. For your Sprint phone you can modify your ROM to add Fat32 support for example. I would recommend you use the RomTool to save your current ROM then make the modifications and then upload.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I would like an solution. I updated my rom as per file list but the problem I am facing is that whenever I receive a call the phone soft resets. There is no problem in making a call.

Please guide.
    sdgandhi
    Do you have a third party ringtone manager? Have you tried resetting your tones by selecting a different tone then back? I would guess there is some some corruption with the tones or favorites(contacts).

Thanks! I've done the mods to my oem rom (after downloading it using the ROMtool) and added FAT32.prc in place of the default app. I then used the ROMtool to upload.

WOW!

What a difference in speed!
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone
    I've stumbled upon these interesting threads on how to modify the ROM. I have a question before I dive into this......after reading all the threads and sub threads on ROMs I'm confused as to whether they apply to the CDMA version or the GSM versions.

For example, I see custo 1.20 ROMS, am I correct that these will only work on a GSM phone? Or can I upload it to my CDMA Sprint PCS Treo?
    No with Sprint you have one less worry. You do not need to change the Rom partion size because it is already the smallest. Simply download what you got now and pull out what you do not want (be sure you check Master Rom file Listing by ohmster to see what is safe) add programs on the safe list if you must, then upload the new Rom. Rom Building for Sprint is easy.
    Hello again,

I've uploaded 5 variations of my ROM, and in the end I gradually added apps that use to reside in RAM. So far I've loaded....

Zlauncher + 1 Theme
    SplashID
    KBLightsOFF

and I've got about 1K of wasted space left. As far as speed goes, I did not see any decrease. All I can conclude is that either Tutorials, Tips, or Versamail are resource hogs (removed from the OEM ROM).

Thanks to the creator of ROMtool (I will leave you a contribution after I make my next e-bay sale).
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Um how many times can you write to the ROM? Does it progressively deteriorate (get slower in regards to read/write and does the space eventually decrease also) based on writes?
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    I have Treo 650 and I cannot type a message beyond 160 characters . It stops taking input and does not split into multiple messages which used to happen before I upgraded to 1.20 ENA. I bought this in US and am using it in Pakistan. I have found that the Aisan version is 1.20 LAP. I downloaded LAP but it does not Hotsynch and it tells me it is not the right version.
    Now I have ROM rools too. Should I just change the token to ROW or to LAP and then upgrade. How do I backup in case of problem
    HELP HELP
    use the rom tool to change ENA to LAP and run palm's updater. Backup via hotsync or SD backup program.

I took the plunge yesterday and changed from 1.20/1.71-ROW to ENA. I first ran the Palm Unlocked GSM updated than put a custom ROM on top of it that added Fat32, Fast Blazer and an SMS fix (?). It takes out Tutorials and Real.

Everything went well. My Carrier DB is 249. I thought it was going to be 255.

Fat32 is noticeably faster with my Fat formatted SD card. Next step is to get a 4GB card.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    You can grab the latest version of the ROM tool from:
    http://grack.com/romtool
    If you have any trouble, please post here
    I have downloaded the Tool and it loads OK and the phone is recognised OK but it just stops at "waiting for bootloader"

On the Treo screen we see

Bootloader v 0.24 In the red part
    SD in the green part
    USB in the blue part

The driver appears in the device manager.

How do I get the BootLoader to work

Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware: A
    CC-Cap: ENA-ENA-001
    Carrier DB: 249

try removing the sd card .

regards
    aussietanker
    Treo 650, GSM 120 LAP Custom ROM, 2GB Ultra 2 SanDisk Card