Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpc
    Well... I know that you have to make sure hotsync manager is not running, there is no sd card in your treo as well and if you have doc to go installed, make sure the doctogo manager is not running as well...

Once the above is cleared, I was able to use this tool...
    I checked all that I dont have Doc to go loaded
    sdgandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by hpm2048
    I did do Hotsync and it goes thru fine but I get the hang up even after that. ...clip....
    Just to be safe, try cleaning the connections again.
    Just call me Berd.
    I updated the RomTool Step by Step to add a blurb about Edit Tokens button and update some links.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=93
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Well today I was able to connect and uploaded the ROM from the ace palmos directory where I had deleted all the files as given by files list. then I disconnected the phone and reset and found that it was still the old ROM with versamail n tutorials intact. Do we have to reset and then close the ROM tool. Is it to be a soft reset because the step by step guide said reset as directed but there were no directions.

Now when I am trying to connect the ROM tool I am getting the message phone found waiting for bootloader and it just stops there and if I disconnect the phone I get

---------------------------
    Error
    An error occurred. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this error to the clipboard.
    Unable to initialize read. Errorcode: 5

at LoMaN.IO.SerialStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

at LoMaN.IO.SerialStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at RomTool.PhoneInterface.<>c__DisplayClass7.<CreateReaderThread>b__6()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    OK

and it closes. kindly guide again. I think it is problem with the charger and I am not able to get a new charger here soon.

I will try to connect and reconnect till the phone is found but till then How do I go ahead? Do I have to convert a ROM image and then upload?
    sdgandhi
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Well I was finally able to upload the ROM but I find that the welcome icon is still there and it works except for the tips.
    Also in phone Info I find free space of 9.2M of 22.2M only. Under files program too the info shows:

Rom size 131070200bytes
    Ram Size 19726336 bytes
    Free Ram 9748480 bytes

the quick tour and versamail and world clock and tutorials have gone but it seems the apps I moved to Rom have also remained in Ram. I checked the FATFS files has been replace by FAT32.

How do we remove the app from RAM and also be able to have the apps on the phone.

I have missed some thing. I uploaded the new Rom from the ace palmos directory. Do we have to change the ace palmos zip and md5 file also and upload that too how do we change both the files especially md5 file.

Kindly guide. and thanks for your efforts.
    sdgandhi
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpm2048
    Well I was finally able to upload the ROM but I find that the welcome icon is still there and it works except for the tips.
    Also in phone Info I find free space of 9.2M of 22.2M only. Under files program too the info shows:

Rom size 131070200bytes
    Ram Size 19726336 bytes
    Free Ram 9748480 bytes

the quick tour and versamail and world clock and tutorials have gone but it seems the apps I moved to Rom have also remained in Ram. I checked the FATFS files has been replace by FAT32.

How do we remove the app from RAM and also be able to have the apps on the phone.

I have missed some thing. I uploaded the new Rom from the ace palmos directory. Do we have to change the ace palmos zip and md5 file also and upload that too how do we change both the files especially md5 file.

Kindly guide. and thanks for your efforts.
    When you add something to ROM it will not remove it from RAM, you need to do that with something like FileZ
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    When you add something to ROM it will not remove it from RAM, you need to do that with something like FileZ
    Ok so if I remove it from ram ie. builtin the apps will remain on my phone??

Also can we remove the welcome icon too??

Thanks
    sdgandhi
    Yes delete the one in RAM the one in ROM will be read only you can't delete it.

Check out this thread for removing welcome etc.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=110386

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I updated the RomTool Step by Step to add a blurb about Edit Tokens button and update some links.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=93
    Is there a problem with this link? I am getting nothing when I click it. Just Curious

Sorry 'bout that, it was me, lost my Adobe Plugin
    Last edited by hpspringer; 03/28/2006 at 10:13 PM.
    I didn't see it in here before, but why does this tool require the .Net framework, and why when it starts does it try to hit 82.165.194.12 (performa.net)?
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33dy
    I didn't see it in here before, but why does this tool require the .Net framework, and why when it starts does it try to hit 82.165.194.12 (performa.net)?
    It requires .NET framework 2.0 because it's written in C# 2.0. I've got a Java version in the works that I'll be replacing this with, but it's a ways off.

For the URL bit - it does an update check (HTTP GET only) to grack.com/latestversion (can't remember the exact URL), but that is hosted on 1&1, aka pefora.net. There's no way to disable that right now, but I will in the final release for the paranoid.

You can also use a firewall to block the outgoing connection - it's not mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by McYoda
    Yeah! Finally I got it, too!
    This RomTool is really a great piece of software. So I, as a ROM newbie, thought to try it out last night...

Maybe others may be interested to know about some other files I have in ROM now, some of them which I did not find in any file lists so far and which seem to work very well up to now (some of it is redundant to existing file lists, though I want to give you a complete picture what configuration of apps works together in my ROM):

- BlokAtShft 2.0 (BlockAutoShift)
    - Butler 3.55 (yes it's really 3.55. It's a beta from "hobbyist" which solves some problems I encountered with version 3.53 causing a freezing LED state)
    - Chatter Email (all 4 prcs from the downloaded package: Chatter.prc, ChatterExg.prc, ChatterPOP3.prc, ChatterUtils.prc)
    - FAT32
    - Filez 6.8.3
    - Graffity Anywhere 1.5.7
    - AutoCorrect 0.6 (which in fact in my case is the file HsExtensions2.0_enUS.650ROW.none.prc)
    - JpegLib
    - KeyShades 1.3b1
    - PowerUp 2.4
    - TreoAreaCodes 1.1
    - TreoNaviText 1.0
    - TreoSelecText 4.1
    - ZLauncher 5.4
    - ZLManager
    - ZLPluginClock
    - ZLPluginStatus
    - ZLPluginToday

In fact I want to try out some more stripping (calculator and others) and some more other apps. Since it has been about 2 in the morning when I finally solved the reset loop thing, I have to try this during the coming weekend. I will let you know what apps and how they worked...

So here's an update about my experiments:

Had some problems with Graffity Anywhere. In fact my Treo got a Soft Reset when starting hotsync. Removed Graffity Anywhere, now everything seems fine.

Added new apps:
    - Card Reader 0.98 (great tool and I find it better than Card Export II cause it keeps the connection in the background)
    - ZLib.prc (compression library)
    - Phone Technician 2.14 (removed PowerUp 2.4 instead, though never had problems so far with it)
    - Sound Off
    - Voice Memo (from LifeDrive ROM)
    - Fastmode Blazer (from LifeDrive ROM (?))

Seems to work fine so far...
    Greets
    McYoda
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Pilot Professional -> HandEra TRG Pro -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 GSM Unlocked -> Treo 680 GSM Unlocked
    May the force be with you and your Treo
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    It requires .NET framework 2.0 because it's written in C# 2.0. I've got a Java version in the works that I'll be replacing this with, but it's a ways off.
    If there is a wish list on the go:

Could you add a Default directory option?

That way whenever it asks for where to find, or put, anything, it would at least go to a starting point somewhere near to where it is. Instead of, in my case, just good old c:\

Cheers
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I agree with ChasT
    The tool is absolutely great. Just for experimenting it would be nice and helpful, if the tool remembers last used file and directory paths after restart.
    Greets
    McYoda
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Pilot Professional -> HandEra TRG Pro -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 GSM Unlocked -> Treo 680 GSM Unlocked
    May the force be with you and your Treo
    I want to unbrand my Cingular T650 but I dont know were to start
    unlock or unbrand?
    Just call me Berd.
    To unbranding is pretty simple, and your in the right place.
    If you want to unlock (use your treo w/ a different service provider) There services available or Cing might give u the Unlock Code.
    Just call me Berd.
    Its already unlocked but I dont have the code. I want to figure out how to unbrand it. This is my 1st Treo and I know nothing about them. I'm using it on T-mobile
    Two options:
    Use an SD updater to goto 1.20-ENA

Use the RomTool to change the tokens from 1.17-CNG to 1.20-ENA, then run Palm's updater. I would recommend this option.