Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    I think you can use the bootloader's erase command to do the equivalent of the hard reset.
    Do you know how to use this command?
    Can I take the files in a Rom-dir of your Custom Roms and use them with my ace-palmos.zip and MD5 to change a partition size from 8.4 to 7.1?
    Or I need T3.jar file, etc.?
    OK James, thanks.
    I have a GSM unbranded Treo in Europe, with ENA version.
    Your answer is yes in this case. I don't need T3.jar file.

If I then update via official Palm updater in the future, can I have any problem to change from 7.1 to 8.4?
    Do I Need to change partition size to 8.4 before to run update?
    No problem to update via Palm updater (8.4 partition size) if I change now to 7.1?
    The Romupdater.prc in the official update make newly 8.4 partition size with any problem?
    I am sorry with you, but I need you confirm I understand correctly.
  3.    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by roquito
    Do you know how to use this command?
    You can use the mtty.exe tool to talk to the bootloader:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/uploads/mtty.exe
    Quote Originally Posted by operators
    OK James, thanks.
    I have a GSM unbranded Treo in Europe, with ENA version.
    Your answer is yes in this case. I don't need T3.jar file.

No problem to update via Palm updater (8.4 partition size) if I change now to 7.1?
    The Romupdater.prc in the official update make newly 8.4 partition size with any problem?
    I am sorry with you, but I need you confirm I understand correctly.
    You don't need to do the T3.jar, you can pull files from ROM.

Not sure I understand exactly what you are saying but you can at a later date run Palm's updater it will change the partition while updating the ROM, not a worry.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

mmastrac keeps giving us more bullets for the gun we are playing russian roulette with.

Just kidding though. We really appreciate all the things you are doing for us.
  6.    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    mmastrac keeps giving us more bullets for the gun we are playing russian roulette with.

Just kidding though. We really appreciate all the things you are doing for us.
    Hehe...

DISCLAIMER: All things you do with your Treo are at your own risk. I assume no responsibility for any damage caused to your device.

I've got a few questions regarding my Verizon Treo 650 and the ROM tool. After reading all the available information, I decided to give it a try. I managed to delete Versamail, Language settings, Blazer, World Clock, and I think that was about it (I wanted to kep RealPlayer).

I went by shadowmite's list of what is/isn't ok to delete (I only erased those highlighted in green, again, sans RealPlayer). I still have Welcome and Wireless Sync on my device, and overall, I only gained roughly 1-1.5MBs of memory. My phone doesn't seem all that much faster. I didn't understand too much of what Ive read about ROM partitions and how/if they can/should be altered, but I haven't seen anything specific to Verizon. If anyone could offer any help it would be really appreciated

- Chris
    Hehe...

DISCLAIMER: All things you do with your Treo are at your own risk. I assume no responsibility for any damage caused to your device.

Don't worry, it is still up to me to pull the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    To change a partition size you do need to do it via an SD updater. To create one you need to do this.

Backup data

From RomTool export your custom ROM as a ZIP.

Get an SD card and at the root create two folders PALM & ROM

use the T3.jar file from Shadowmite to get the files from Palm updater base you are using.

Copy the following files to the ROM dir:
    ace-palmos.zip ***created by RomTool
    ace-palmos.zip.md5 ***created by RomTool
    ace-htc-tpl.zip
    ace-htc-tpl.zip.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt1
    ace-ipl-cvt1.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt2
    ace-ipl-cvt2.md5
    ace-ipl-dvt
    ace-ipl-dvt.md5
    ace-ipl-evt
    ace-ipl-evt.md5
    ace-palmos-tpl.zip
    ace-palmos-tpl.zip.md5
    ace-spl
    ace-spl.md5

In the Palm folder create Launcher dir.
    Copy the appropriate ROMUpdaterApp here.

Insert power to Treo & then SD card. Run ROMUpdaterApp, type
    rev cvt2 [enter]
    ace [enter]
    Restore data.
    good day,

where can i download the appropriate ROMUpdaterApp for version 1.13-APR ?

any help will do
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    the romupdaterapp isn't version specific, they are size specific. I would need to know the rom size to tell you which one.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    the romupdaterapp isn't version specific, they are size specific. I would need to know the rom size to tell you which one.
    i used ROMTool in downloading from a Treo650 version 1.13-APR and i tried uploading it to my phone and the ROMTool keeps on saying Rom too big. i hope you can help me out on this one.

here is the link: http://rapidshare.de/files/16147489/ace-palmos.rar.html

hope somebody can help me. thank you
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    Quote Originally Posted by cdboy
    i used ROMTool in downloading from a Treo650 version 1.13-APR and i tried uploading it to my phone and the ROMTool keeps on saying Rom too big. i hope you can help me out on this one.

here is the link: http://rapidshare.de/files/16147489/ace-palmos.rar.html

hope somebody can help me. thank you
    I'm looking at it.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

End of story. Used this tool, entered the wrong command and the phone is now completely gone. No lights, no bootloader, nothing. Selling it for parts now on ebay. Screen and case are pristine.
    End of story. Used this tool, entered the wrong command and the phone is now completely gone. No lights, no bootloader, nothing. Selling it for parts now on ebay. Screen and case are pristine.
    that's sad
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help guys... see you around.
  16.    #376  
    Thanks for your help guys... see you around.
    You can always order a new motherboard from performancePDA... It's $50 and takes two weeks to ship, but it's one way to fix your phone. The CDMA mobo will work for either GSM or CDMA.
    You can always order a new motherboard from performancePDA... It's $50 and takes two weeks to ship, but it's one way to fix your phone. The CDMA mobo will work for either GSM or CDMA.
    Yea roquito, don't quito
    Talk to Tony, He had great success.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Ok gentlemen, thanks for cheering me up. I will order the mobo right away. One question though, if I order the mobo will the phone be unlocked to put it in another network, or is the lock somewhere else?
    Mobo is not locked to anything that is the radio, you will keep your radio.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Right. So I will still need to unlock it. Any tricks for doing that? that was going to be my next project after getting it up and running. I have heard that the easiest way is to social-engineer your way through with the people at Cingular uh?