Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roquito
    I did try zero-out, hard reset, and soft reset. None of them work. I need a tool to wipe out the RAM. By the way, zero out does not kick in, it just goes to the bootloader.
    I hope someone will come along who has a way for you to do that.
    I am curious how that could be done.
    until then, I'm just trying to help by making suggestions.
    A zero is very tricky. and usually, if u get rainbow, you need to try harder. I get rainbow lots of times. I suggest u try some more. Until someone comes along with the answer your looking for.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I hope someone will come along who has a way for you to do that.
    I am curious how that could be done.
    until then, I'm just trying to help by making suggestions.
    A zero is very tricky. and usually, if u get rainbow, you need to try harder. I get rainbow lots of times. I suggest u try some more. Until someone comes along with the answer your looking for.

Berdin, thanks for your help. I guess I will try harder. As I understand, I have to hit power, hotsync and up arrow and then reset while holding the three above mentioned keys, and then release the keys, right?
    my responsis are slow, i'm at my treo.
    here's how I do it.
    with my phone upside down in my right hand, with phone back facing me. middle finger on up, index fing on red. then with left hand start holding hotsync, then with stylus in mouth, push reset. the up has to be perfectly up.
    Just call me Berd.
    now that I think about it, I wonder if a zero can be done while in a loop? anyone?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I think not because is simply not working. The hard reset is not working either.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    If I load (which I can do with RomTool) the smallest ROM I can find, wouldn't it load itself into RAM after a reset, therefore leaving me with about 1MB of free space in RAM? I think that should get it out of the loop. But, does that happen or am I wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by operators
    Can I take the files in a Rom-dir of your Custom Roms and use them with my ace-palmos.zip and MD5 to change a partition size from 8.4 to 7.1?
    Or I need T3.jar file, etc.?

If I then update via official Palm updater in the future, can I have any problem to change from 7.1 to 8.4?
    Do I Need to change partition size to 8.4 before to run update?
    Thanks James.
    Which ROM? If the ENA versions then yes that is what I did. Other version I always use the versions for that version, CNG I use CNG etc.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

now that I think about it, I wonder if a zero can be done while in a loop? anyone?
    Yes, loop happens after bootloader.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I think not because is simply not working. The hard reset is not working either.
    If you cannot hard reset or ZO you may have hardware problems. Hard reset is how you clear "RAM".

If I load (which I can do with RomTool) the smallest ROM I can find, wouldn't it load itself into RAM after a reset, therefore leaving me with about 1MB of free space in RAM? I think that should get it out of the loop. But, does that happen or am I wrong?
    It doesn't work like that. If you reload the ROM it replaces what is there. Your avaliable storage should remain the same. At this point it is wortha try.

What version Treo is it GSM or CDMA? What is your largest ROM size in RomTool?

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    It is a locked Cingular (GSM) 650. Largest: 7.5 MB. Is there a way to clear out RAM from hardware? unplugging a battery or something? Do you even think that a full RAM can cause this?
    So, as of now, we have no way to empty Ram through bootloader?
    The only way is a HR or ZO?
    Just call me Berd.
    Lets start over here.

Have you loaded a custom rom?
    If so via SD or RomTool?

Do you have an unaltered CNG ROM avaliable?

Did reset loop start after flashing a ROM?

So, as of now, we have no way to empty Ram through bootloader?
    The only way is a HR or ZO?
    Do you mean from the RomTool? Hard Reset and ZO are in the bootloader.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Ok. The Treo was working fine, sotware included Verichat, Versamail (doing exchange hotsync), and the rest (included in original Cingular ROM). Out of nothing, the loop started. I tried ZO and HR but they don't work, yesterday I loaded a custom ROM using RomTool, it loaded fine but made no difference on the looping. i don't have an unaltered CNG ROM available.
    If you can't hard reset I think you have a hardware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Do you mean from the RomTool? Hard Reset and ZO are in the bootloader.
    I was just asking out of ignorance. (sorry)
    It sounds like you believe he's having a Rom or HW Issue.
    I was just curious if there was a way to access Ram if one was stuck in a loop.
    Just call me Berd.
  18.    #358  
    I think you can use the bootloader's erase command to do the equivalent of the hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    I think you can use the bootloader's erase command to do the equivalent of the hard reset.
    cool
    Just call me Berd.