Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    You will stay at 1.71 it is not leaked but the 1.20 version.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Not really, I'm a Tmo customer. I think A was the AT&T customers and B is for Blue and G Orange.
    That's a pretty good guess.
    I'm thinking that if it's Ok to use APR, ROW, ENA, on a Cing phone then I would not think it should be too big a deal to use a CNG on a CNB phone, as long as one can get past the Token issue w/ flashing back to an older Rom like 123 then flash up to 117 CNG.
    I myself have went back and forth several times (Row to CNG to ENA to CNG back to ENA.) That's why I know I have the best possible phone quality and recept w/ ENA.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    That's a pretty good guess.
    I'm thinking that if it's Ok to use APR, ROW, ENA, on a Cing phone then I would not think it should be too big a deal to use a CNG on a CNB phone, as long as one can get past the Token issue w/ flashing back to an older Rom like 123 then flash up to 117 CNG.
    I myself have went back and forth several times (Row to CNG to ENA to CNG back to ENA.) That's why I know I have the best possible phone quality and recept w/ ENA.
    Have you had any issue with Hotkey's not working? I can't understand why mine stopped. Everything else seems to be rock solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogersmith00
    Have you had any issue with Hotkey's not working? I can't understand why mine stopped. Everything else seems to be rock solid.
    Do you mean like holding down the #1 to get VoiceMail?
    Because I just tried it, and it worked. I could try one u suggest if u like.
    Just call me Berd.
    Roger I use my hotkeys all day everyday and they work fine so I don't think it is in my ROMs.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Well, I just updated with your Cust_cing_G, and rebooted. Info still shows 1.71, software 1.20-ENA. I tested a couple of hotkeys, and they work perfectly now. I don't care what software I'm using, or why the CNG didn't overwrite the ENA. I'll leave you guru's to kick that around a while (I'll probably play around with it when I have time, getting married soon!) but I'm just happy those hotkeys work. Until some perfects Voicedial from pushing the BT headset button, I absoluetly need them. Thanks for all your help guys!!

Rog
    BTW, it boots with the Cingular logo now. Did it only not update the software version info?
    The Tokens are not updated with that updater, it was designed for Cing users to just add fat32, remove the couple things. You can change the tokens with the RomTool. If interested let me know and I'll tell you how.

OK, just so I understand, I have a hybrid software install? I still have parts of 1.20 ENA, with some overwrites of CNG 1.17 custom ROM you built? My phone is solid now, issue that have annoyed me for a while are gone. BT volume is still a little low, but acceptable. I would really like to understand better exactly what I'm running now for the following reason:

I just used my friend's 650 tonight, he recently updated to 1.51/1.17CNG, and his hotkeys do not work either. He has hardware A. This seems to be a recurring problem, but I've done some searches and nobody seems to be reporting it. He didn't even know about the quick keys, so it's possible this may be an overlooked problem. Maybe a thread should be started to find out if this is a real issue and others have the same problem.

It's always been an annoyance to me that after bringing the Treo out of sleep by pressing the phone key, and unlocking it, if I pressed the quick keys right away it would just go to dialpad with whatever number I pressed, or if it didn't have a corresponding option number, it would do nothing. I had to switch to another screen like calendar and back to phone to use the quick keys. Takephone fixed this problem with it's own built in process of recognizing the quick keys, so I didn't worry about it. Now after seeing my friends phone doing the same, I wonder if others will report the same problem?

What I would like is to build a custom ROM with 1.71, and the full cingular CNG, and then 1.51 with CNG, then the same with 1.51 with CNB and 1.71 with CNB. I'll load each and see the results with the quick keys. I'll research and when I have time eventually do this unless someone already has these done. Like I said, after loading your 1.20ENA and running it with quick keys not working, then overwriting it with 1.17 custom CNG (keeping the 1.71 firmware), I'm not sure exactly what fixed the issue.

Hope you have time to help me figure this out for my bud and any others that might have this problem. No biggie if not.

Thanks for all your help so far!!
    It is not a hybrid. You are running 1.17. The only thing that is not there is that a token was not changed during the ROM updater. So the version info in the phone app right now is wrong. you are running 1.17-CNG and firmware 1.71. It is possible with the RomTool to correct this token.

Note:
    I have recently noticed that some still try to incorporate ‘old methods’ with the new RomTool. (‘Old Methods’ involving T3, rev cvt2, or SD install method are not used with the RomTool)
    It is a simple process of downloading your current Rom files to a folder you create, making your changes as easy as deleting or adding things to a folder like your ‘My Documents’ folder, and then uploading the files back onto your Treo.

Please Read up on mmastrac's RomTool before trying anything w/ customs
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=107543
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/08/2006 at 01:43 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Uh, did you just link to this very thread?

Lovely. Since mmastrac edited the very first post with "beta updated: Feb 20, *2005*" I thought it was something different. After I was overcome with an incredible sense of deja vu I said to myself, "self, you are freaking psychic!" I ran right out of the house.

You better pray I win something from the $500 I just spent on lottery tickets.

--
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman!
    Uh, did you just link to this very thread?

Lovely. Since mmastrac edited the very first post with "beta updated: Feb 20, *2005*" I thought it was something different. After I was overcome with an incredible sense of deja vu I said to myself, "self, you are freaking psychic!" I ran right out of the house.

You better pray I win something from the $500 I just spent on lottery tickets.

--
    Mike
    You know, now that you mention it, someone could easily find themselves in a vicious loop. Starting at the beginning, ending up here, and starting all over again.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Note:
    I have recently noticed that some still try to incorporate ‘old methods’ with the new RomTool. (‘Old Methods’ involving T3, rev cvt2, or SD install method are not used with the RomTool)
    It is a simple process of downloading your current Rom files to a folder you create, making your changes as easy as deleting or adding things to a folder like your ‘My Documents’ folder, and then uploading the files back onto your Treo.

Please Read up on mmastrac's RomTool before trying anything w/ customs
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=107543
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't it still necessary to use the SD method if you want to change the size of the ROM partition?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't it still necessary to use the SD method if you want to change the size of the ROM partition?
    It's probably more accurate to say that the app this thread is centered around, RomTool, will not change partition sizes directly.

When first skimming this thread I read that mmastrac was going to add that capability (to RomTool) directly. But after closer review it seems he later stated that this was not likely to happen.

But jamesgangut provided a link to a thread about partition sizes, with the files needed to do so. So it can be done, just not with RomTool directly. Ergo, a hard reset is required.

--
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    You are not wrong.
    But for the most part if someone wants to change the size of their Rom partition, I would sugggest to just use one of james customs and just replace the RomUpdaterApp.prc to the complimentory size, and run it as is. Then from that time foward use the RomTool. My main concern was to clear some of the confusion of trying to merge old methods w/ the RomTool.
    Just call me Berd.
    First of all, James thanks a million for your assistance on a previous post of mine about my camera not working. It still isnt working but I appreciate the time you willingly spend helping people out.

Im gonna give the RomTool a shot. Im gonna take your advice by using the SD LAP installer then upgrading to the an LAP official version.

I have a few questions on how to do it, but, at the moment, I have this little problem:

I seem to have a gereric USB cable which doesnt have the physical button to hotsync like the original cables do. I have always used the icon on the treo screen to do my hotsyncs. So Ive tried holding down the center button (of 5way buttons) for hotsycing from screen and resetting with stylus but it only resests my treo.

Is there an alternative to holding down the physical button on cable to get to the bootloader screen?

Thanks again

misterexpensive
  18.    #278  
    Hey all - just to let you guys know I got my new phone mobo and have a device again. I'll be able to do a little bit more work on the tool now.
    Family Man!
    Just call me Berd.
    Shadowmite's site lists a ## code for 'bootloader'. Does this mean we can simply enter the code in the phone screen? I'm scared to try!
    #*RTN - Shows runtime and info on phone
    #*DEBUG - Shows the cellular radio debug info, signal etc...
    #*PRI - Allows you to change the PRI of the phone
    #*AKEY - Allows you to set a AKEY for the phone
    #*LOOPBACK - Has the loopback test calls menu
    #*"MSL" where "MSL" is the 6 digit code given to you for your phone - programs your phone
    #*PREV - Allows you to set the p-rev of your phone
    #*DATA - Main programming of Sprint vision options
    #*ON - Phone on
    #*OFF - Phone off
    #*PASS - Phone off and Passthrough enabled
    #*PASSOFF - Passthrough disabled
    #*UPST - Bootloader
    #*DIAG - Passthrough enabled
    #*744 - ??? Flashes screen but doesn't show anything
    #*TETHERED - Tethered Mode On
    #*ERR - Last Error code
    #*88722366 = (?TRACEON): - Trace Enabled