Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I try the Plantronics 510 the delay placing the call out or pickup the call coming in is just to much for me. I quest I am still looking for the right one.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    For me it's been the TWH with jabra ear gel. 30 foot range, sound level at only 2.

Since I wear prescription, glasses and nothing so far stays on my head while trail riding, gonna try the Razrwire glasses from oakley when they show up in my bike shop.
    What kind of Jabra ear gels did you use and where did you find them? Is it this one: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2118046&cp

I just tried to put the gel from my old Jabra BT-200 on my TWH and it is too small.

Thanks,

4s

EDIT: I found my answer. Did not search enough.
    Last edited by 4ster; 03/01/2006 at 09:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mshefman
    how about the Motorola RAZR H3 for Treo 650??

I tried this headset for about a week with Verizon Razr V3c. I just returned it because it kept losing the bluetooth connection (not during calls). I would then have to turn the phone off and back on for it to re-connect. If it does this on a normal cell, I can only imagine what it would do with the Treo 650. I'm seriously considering the Jabra JX-10 now.
    A couple people have mentioned wanting a BT headset that can be worn with/on eyeglasses. That's of interest to me too, tho I'd also be happy with a small-form over-the-ear or ear-gel as long is its secure. (nothing like having your hands full & feeling your headset work its way off your ear- personally I don't buy these for drop-tests!)
    So perusing the selection, I noticed the Scala 500 offers an eyeglass holder- Not sure how effective that is (link: http://store.treocentral.com/content...-32--165-2.htm)
    Also looking into various models from Jabra, just cause I've had good experiences with their models in the past.

Top priorities to me are:
    -Practical size with good battery life (6+ hrs talk)
    -BT v1.2, actual usable range of 15-25 ft. or more.
    -Comfort while wearing & Ease of use/ functions
    -Small charger profile, and a USB charger would be awesome.
    -Saved Profiles for multiple phones/ devices (think that's covered by BT 1.2)
    -Wind-noise reduction built-in
    -Ideally, the headset would also work as mic/speaker for a PC, since I often dictate, and using the system mic is much less reliable than a headset/ external mic.

Any rec's? Many thanks in advance.
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    The Treo 650: Crisp & Clean, but the RAM is lean!
    I wear glasses and contact lenses. The Sony hbh-300 is a fantastic head set- clear voice on both sides of the conversation despite noisy environments, good range, very comfortable. Only limitation is wind but this affects all head sets I've tried.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    i've got the butteryfly II enchanced, it seems a litle scratchy. although it could be my treo. is there anything i can do to tune the performance of bt headsets? i've tried a kyocera with it and it gave me the same experience.
    Unlocked Treo 650 GSM Firmware: 01.71 Software: 1.20-ENA
    Sony HBH-660 with Jabra Multicolored EarGels
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the local stores, alltel, cellularone, shopko, walmart, target, etc carry the jabra jx-10? i need one Today.
    Do any of these headsets support voice-dialing from the BT headset?
    Ie: mash the button the BT headset, say something like "Call mom" or "name dial mom" or "digit dial 619 555 1212"?!?

I see a few voice dialing apps for the 650 but nothing that appears to support voice-command dialing from a BT headset.

(sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but it seems like the people posting here have a clue)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyinsdca
    Do any of these headsets support voice-dialing from the BT headset?
    Ie: mash the button the BT headset, say something like "Call mom" or "name dial mom" or "digit dial 619 555 1212"?!?

I see a few voice dialing apps for the 650 but nothing that appears to support voice-command dialing from a BT headset.

(sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but it seems like the people posting here have a clue)
    The headsets do, but the Treo 650's BT implementation doesn't. I have the Treo 650 in a cradle mounted about 2-3" to the right of 3:00 on the steering wheel. To activate voice dialing....I just move my finger about 2" to the right to hit the side button (a lot less than the 20" to my ear) ... the nice VoiceSignal lady says "Say a command" I say "Call Andy at work", the Treo dials out and switches to the BT headset. Incoming calls go right to the headset.
    I swiched to the Plantronics 640 when I got tired of half-removing my glasses at 60mpg to put on my Logitech Mobile Freedom. The 640 is pretty good: I have some minor complaints (for instance, it doesn't stay in its slick little holder well enough), but since it doesn't require an earpiece, I certainly have no problems using it with glasses.
    I had the Jabra JX-10 and I thought it was wonderful on my end, but everyone complained about the background noise and told me that I was cutting in and out. They said the background noise was horrible! Today, I bought the Plantronics 640. I haven't really tried it yet, but I am getting really tired of returning headsets! I really hope this works! If it doesn't, I don't know what else to do...any suggestions?
    Ill have to give a third vote to the Jabra jx10! The volume is so loud that I have to actually turn it down! I do use a jabra earjel on it. I have tried the moto 850 and the palm, the jabra jx10 absolutely wins!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I have given up (for the second time) on the TWH. I must just have weird ears.

When women say to me, "Men can never understand the amount of pain we experience with childbirth," I just tell them, "Actually, I can. I once spent a whole hour wearing the Treo Wireless Headset."

Seriously, I am getting tired of returning headsets, too. I think the Plantronics Voyager 510 might be next.
    Quote Originally Posted by appliancemedic
    Here a question about the Plantronics Voyager 510. Has anyone done the 1.20 ENA upgrade does the 510 still have it delay in call out and picking up?
    It still does for me.
    G4 1.5Ghz 12" Powerbook. Cingular branded 650 with Palm unbranded firmware.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by josholson
    Does anyone know if the local stores, alltel, cellularone, shopko, walmart, target, etc carry the jabra jx-10? i need one Today.

Best Buy has it for $179. I bought mine for $116 from etronics (including shipping).
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I've tried the butterfly II, and the plantronics 640.

I'm currently borrowing a friends HBH-662. It seems to be the best I've tried yet.

Now if I can only find a store/website that has them in stock.

I'm not interested in ebay.

Also tired of returning headsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by mshefman
    Friends, assume price not an issue, what is the best earpiece and why for the 650?
    First off, i gotta ask....are you asking about "bluetooth" or bluetoth"

and second, I am amazed someone did not slam you about the lack of a SEARCH on this subject as it has been covered oh just a few thousand times. I did a quick search and found many, many threads on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayman1
    I wear glasses and contact lenses. The Sony hbh-300 is a fantastic head set- clear voice on both sides of the conversation despite noisy environments, good range, very comfortable. Only limitation is wind but this affects all head sets I've tried.
    Try the little foam ball tie clip microphone wind screens for $2.50 at Radio Shack, and a couple of drops of crazy glue to secure it, and your wind problems with the HBH-300 will be over. I live in Chicago, wind screens are a must. I now can walk outside and have a conversation and nobody knows I'm walking and talking.
    I have try a few headset sense I upgrade to !.20 with cause the bluetooth volume to go down. But the only one that I could get to work right with good volume was the Scala 500. I have try the Following

TWH this was fair before the upgrade but after the upgade its volume was just to low. I know that some have put on a jabra ear gel to get better volume. But for my way of thinking if palm can not make a headset right we don't stand much of a chance for the 650 to be right.

Plantronics 510 might have been a good one but it has just to much of a delay for me.

Plantronics 320 no range treo had to be right next to the phone.

Motorola H500 just leave this one at the store

The one thing that I can said is this all of the bluetooth problems that we have had is because palm did not do a good job. Before I every buy another Treo I will buy it from Palm paid the higher price that way if the thing does not work right in the 30 days I will sent it back. I think Palm should have stay with just making PDA not Smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster
    When women say to me, "Men can never understand the amount of pain we experience with childbirth," I just tell them, "Actually, I can. I once spent a whole hour wearing the Treo Wireless Headset."
    And here I am wishing I could feel it at all cause I keep exiting vehicle, forgetting it's there, and then get embarresses after realizing I been walking around for 40 minutes looking like a trekkie
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast