1.    #1  
    Marc, this first suggestion I actually brought up in a previous thread.

While reading an email, I'd like to be able to be taken to the 'OK' button without pressing the space bar, because that activates the keyboard backlight, and as a user of KB Lights, I'd just prefer to not have that backlight come on because I need to get to the 'OK' button when there could be other ways of doing so.

When I'm scrolled all the way up in an email, and the upper-most link is selected, pressing left of the 5-way doesn't do ANYTHING. I think it'd be great if that would take me to the 'OK' button instead of -and maybe additionally to- the space bar.

Also, I think it'd be great if I could set Chatter's sleep hours based upon what day it is. For instance, I have Chatter set to sleep between the hours of 12:30am and 6:30am, but on the weekend it'd probably be more convenient for me if it was set to something like 3:30am-11:30am. I know I can just go in and manually change it, but I'm lazy and in my opinion that would improve an already excellent product. Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by ShannonElements; 02/19/2006 at 04:54 AM.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  2.    #2  
    So what do you think of my suggestions, Marc?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I think they're good suggestions; I'll look at the navigation issues. The sleep days have been requested before; I think it's a good idea, but it's something of a pain and I have higher priorities for now. But keep them coming!

Marc
    Suggestions?..................How about a message sent confirmation? Hi Marc
    What kind of confirmation? Message appearing in TreoSent is confirmation that the message was successfully sent...

Marc
    True..........But then I would have to pull out the stylus to change views, a simple "message sent" appearing on the screen would be nice. Just a suggestion.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    True..........But then I would have to pull out the stylus to change views, a simple "message sent" appearing on the screen would be nice. Just a suggestion.
    You shouldn't have to use the stylus; you should just be able to navigate to your sent folder with the 5-way. That's what I do.

Marc did you happen to catch my other suggestion thread a little further down in the forum? what did you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    You shouldn't have to use the stylus; you should just be able to navigate to your sent folder with the 5-way. That's what I do.

Marc did you happen to catch my other suggestion thread a little further down in the forum? what did you think?

You know what, your right........my apologies.
    I will get to sleep days with hours; and rocker-left now does go to OK when viewing a message (at least, it's supposed to!)

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I will get to sleep days with hours; and rocker-left now does go to OK when viewing a message (at least, it's supposed to!)

Marc

That's a nice addition, if your at the top of a message rocker left gets you to OK and at the bottom of the message it goes directly to OK. Very Nice.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    If you use summary view, there's an option to show sent messages. I use summary even though I just have one mailbox in it. I prefer it's layout with showing the days plus the sent items. I think this in the latest beta only.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter

Marc
    Actually the different sleep days idea is really a non-issue for me. It'd be nice, but it isn't important. The suggestion I was referring to is below...

A small Chatter suggestion
    Marc, when I'm in the mailbox view, and I'm at the bottom-most message in the list, when I press 'down' it normally doesn't do anything, or it takes me to the 'new' button(which depends upon a setting I think). I think it'd be very useful if by pressing down I could instead be cycled back up to the first message in the list. The reverse could go for when I'm at the upper-most message. The reason that I suggest this is that I sometimes read mail while walking, and if I'm at the bottom-most message, it's somewhat of a hassle to hold 'up' on the 5-way to scroll all the way back to the top, and since I'm walking, the speedier stylus scroll bar method wouldn't be practical either...and the scroll bar isn't real easy to hit with my thumb either. And not only that, I try and avoid touching the screen with my fingers whenever I can.

So if I leave the option "Navigate Past Message List" unchecked, then nothing happens when I press 'up' and am at the uper-most message in the mailbox view. I think it'd be very convenient if pressing 'up' in that situation would take me to the bottom-most message and vice versa, and much like my previous navigation suggestion, it could be implemented without hijacking what the button would do in that instance in the first place...because it doesn't do anything!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Actually the different sleep days idea is really a non-issue for me. It'd be nice, but it isn't important. The suggestion I was referring to is below...

A small Chatter suggestion
    Marc, when I'm in the mailbox view, and I'm at the bottom-most message in the list, when I press 'down' it normally doesn't do anything, or it takes me to the 'new' button(which depends upon a setting I think). I think it'd be very useful if by pressing down I could instead be cycled back up to the first message in the list. The reverse could go for when I'm at the upper-most message. The reason that I suggest this is that I sometimes read mail while walking, and if I'm at the bottom-most message, it's somewhat of a hassle to hold 'up' on the 5-way to scroll all the way back to the top, and since I'm walking, the speedier stylus scroll bar method wouldn't be practical either...and the scroll bar isn't real easy to hit with my thumb either. And not only that, I try and avoid touching the screen with my fingers whenever I can.

So if I leave the option "Navigate Past Message List" unchecked, then nothing happens when I press 'up' and am at the uper-most message in the mailbox view. I think it'd be very convenient if pressing 'up' in that situation would take me to the bottom-most message and vice versa, and much like my previous navigation suggestion, it could be implemented without hijacking what the button would do in that instance in the first place...because it doesn't do anything!
    What about an option to make the volume rockers a page up/down. And you're right. I hate cheesecake.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    What about an option to make the volume rockers a page up/down. And you're right. I hate cheesecake.
    My volume rocker DOES page up and down

Cheesecake hater!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    My volume rocker DOES page up and down

Cheesecake hater!
    Mine raises and lowers the volume. What do you use for page up/down? Butler lets me scroll line by line but not by page.
  16.    #16  
    I use Butler too! And it scrolls by page. Not sure what the difference is.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    According to Butler's documentation, the volume buttons will follow the same action as the 5-way, which for me is scroll line by line. I'd love to be able to scroll by page in every app with my volume keys....Sorry, this thread went OT, but I would like an option to page scroll with the volume rocker.
    How about installing a little wheel opposite the side of the volume bar like BB. LOL
  19.    #19  
    How about installing a little wheel opposite the side of the volume bar like BB. LOL
    Actually, those little wheels are pretty damn handy, so maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    According to Butler's documentation, the volume buttons will follow the same action as the 5-way, which for me is scroll line by line. I'd love to be able to scroll by page in every app with my volume keys....Sorry, this thread went OT, but I would like an option to page scroll with the volume rocker.
    Weird. For me the 5-way DOES scroll page by page. There must be a setting somewhere you've missed.