Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. json's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #1  
    Who else out there is hoping for wifi drivers from the 700p? Palm said they won't officialy support it but look what were getting so far from 2 hacks alone. A speed up on the browser and the ability to read and handle more memory. I think it's finally gonna happen. That will definately get me off of data services from t-mo(which is why it prob won't happen) and save me some $$$$ The money i save from my data bill could go in their pockets from my purchase of a wifi card($100 x 1,000 loyal customers who want wifi =($100,000.00) and i wouldn't have to walk around with a big bulky sled just an extra battery which i already do! skype here i come
  2. T-ulk's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by json
    Who else out there is hoping for wifi drivers from the 700p? Palm said they won't officialy support it but look what were getting so far from 2 hacks alone. A speed up on the browser and the ability to read and handle more memory. I think it's finally gonna happen. That will definately get me off of data services from t-mo(which is why it prob won't happen) and save me some $$$$ The money i save from my data bill could go in their pockets from my purchase of a wifi card($100 x 1,000 loyal customers who want wifi =($100,000.00) and i wouldn't have to walk around with a big bulky sled just an extra battery which i already do! skype here i come
    i also m looking forward to this...i really need wifi cuz being a student I have wireless zone thruout the campus...yes I do have data but for that there has to be signal which i dont get in few places...comeon palm...otheriwse 700P is nothing new for me...
  3. #3  
    which 2 hacks did you mention in the first post ?
  4. #4  
    I think he's talking about the Fast Mode Blazer and Fat32 hacks that were pulled from the Treo 700...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by json
    The money i save from my data bill could go in their pockets from my purchase of a wifi card..and i wouldn't have to walk around with a big bulky sled just an extra battery which i already do! skype here i come
    There's no skype for palm os; anyhoo this is a silly post regardless. if you're on t-mobile and are that serious about saving a couple a month, switch to the $5 dollar data plan and use a proxy for web access.

    or don't use a treo, there are MANY other GSM phones with wifi that run windows mobile, that do run skype.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  6. Dim-Ize's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    #6  
    This would be nice.

    But, I would like to see the BlueTooth stack "borrowed".

    That would be perfect for me - using multiple BT devices concurrently.
  7. #7  
    I thot those suffering from no WiFi on the Treo would get soem humor as to how The PalmPDF folks decided to publicize their new version. Check oiyt the screen shoits here:

    http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...PDF/index.html
  8. #8  
    Yeah, I need better bluetooth on this pos.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkub
    I think he's talking about the Fast Mode Blazer and Fat32 hacks that were pulled from the Treo 700...
    What is Fast Mode Blazer ?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac
    Yeah, I need better bluetooth on this pos.
    At least the 650 has A2DP. The same can't be said for most other devices.
  11. json's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    which 2 hacks did you mention in the first post ?
    YEP!!
    fast mode blazer and fat 32 are the hacks i was refering to.
  12. naivete's Avatar
    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #12  
    I'm looking forward to the fast mode blazer, too...hoping someone would add that to a Sprint custom rom.
  13. #13  
    So what makes you guys think the 700P will even have WiFi?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkub
    I think he's talking about the Fast Mode Blazer and Fat32 hacks that were pulled from the Treo 700...
    Both Fast Mode Blazer and Fat32 were pulled from the Lifedrive, not the 700p.
  15. json's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Both Fast Mode Blazer and Fat32 were pulled from the Lifedrive, not the 700p.

    really! my bad
  16. json's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    So what makes you guys think the 700P will even have WiFi?

    I think palm needs to prove to us that they are customer friendly and one of those steps is by giving us a technology that is heavily admired. It's evolutional as well.They have skimped on the one thing IMHO that would make our treo 650 an unbeatable contender for years to come.In a time when you can get wifi on cheaper, crappier clamshell and candybar phone's that have 2mp camera and built in mp3 players with as much if not more memory as our treo you have to believe palm wants to stay in business...Eventually the treo's great form factor is gonna be coppied and possibly improved upon by a competitor offering better specs.Which is when i'm gonna start looking to jump ship. I just can't see myself using one of those slide out keyboards... They remind me of my old nokia 6800,i had to look all over the place to find a letter key.
  17. #17  
    Disagree. Find me a cell phone that accepts a 2GB/4GB SD Card (thanks to Fat32), or even a 2GB card can play full-length DVDs (thanks to TCPMP) in xViD, DiVx, WMV (not WM9 codec), AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, has a QWERTY keyboard, can stream MP3 media at any bitrate [if your bandwidth supports it], comes with many applications, high-color/high-resolution screen, bluetooth, IRDA, DUN/Reverse-DUN, Java, and a plethora of applications for every facet of business, personal life, and entertainment.

    You need to look at what we've got instead of "what's missing" because the "what's missing" pales in comparison to other phones.

    When EVDO rolls out on the next incarnation of the 650 WIFI will be a non-issue to me.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Disagree. Find me a cell phone that accepts a 2GB/4GB SD Card (thanks to Fat32), or even a 2GB card can play full-length DVDs (thanks to TCPMP) in xViD, DiVx, WMV (not WM9 codec), AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, has a QWERTY keyboard, can stream MP3 media at any bitrate [if your bandwidth supports it], comes with many applications, high-color/high-resolution screen, bluetooth, IRDA, DUN/Reverse-DUN, Java, and a plethora of applications for every facet of business, personal life, and entertainment.

    You need to look at what we've got instead of "what's missing" because the "what's missing" pales in comparison to other phones.

    When EVDO rolls out on the next incarnation of the 650 WIFI will be a non-issue to me.
    You forgot about push email and A2DP which we have both of. It's no surprise that every contender/pretender that hits the market is hoping to be the "treo killer."
  19. #19  
    Yeah, I guess I'd also have to add:

    Supports SSH (pSSH), VNC (palmVNC), RDP/RDPv5 (MobileTS/RemotePlus), SSL enabled POP3/IMAP/SMTP (Versamail, Chatter, Snappermail), non-WAPonly browsing (Opera, Blazer, Xiino, etc)

    The list goes on and on. The WIFI argument as being a "deal killer" is moot.

Posting Permissions