1.    #1  
    Friends, just bought a Treo 650, my friend sent me a bunch of ringtones etc...to put on the phone, when I try to open phone says that I do not have enough memory, so I bought the 512 MB SanDisk, but the same message appears (not enough memory)...what am I doing wrong, how to I "install" the songs, etc....thanks
    How are you putting them on? Are you using a card reader? What kind of program are you using to play the ringtones?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Honestly, I have no idea. I am super illiterate when it comes to this stuff. My friend sent me the music, pics, etc...to the "SMS" and to one other category. Simply, I am not sure how I am putting them on the treo, or if I am using a card reader, nor what program I am using to play the ringtones. Can you, or someone else, walk me trhough what to do, in lay terms. I would be grateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by mshefman
    Honestly, I have no idea. I am super illiterate when it comes to this stuff. My friend sent me the music, pics, etc...to the "SMS" and to one other category. Simply, I am not sure how I am putting them on the treo, or if I am using a card reader, nor what program I am using to play the ringtones. Can you, or someone else, walk me trhough what to do, in lay terms. I would be grateful.
    Well, first off, I never owned a 650 so my experience is limited to my ringtones and mp3's that I used on my treo 600 with a third party program like Ringo or Lightwav. Second, I never have sent a file with SMS, I have only sent text messages. Assuming what you have said so far is correct, when you go to your sms messages, can you click on the attachement? If so, what does your treo do?

I used Filez as a 3rd party program that acted like windows explorer. You might be able to go in and move them from your sms list and then move them to your sd card with that program.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Maybe you could just get the ringtones yourself? Just point your mobile browser to 3gforfree.com, and they have a pretty wide array of free ringtones for you to choose from. When you find something you like, just DL it, and it will be selectable in the 'sounds and alerts' section of your preferences under 'tones'. Also(depending on your carrier), on that same screen there might be a button that says "New". Select that, and you'll be given the opportunity to record external sound with your Treo to be used as a tone. You could play a song on your stereo, and record it like that on your Treo, and use it as a ringtone that way. I don't think you can even send attachments with SMS. Also, there's an app out there called CardExport that basically turns your Treo into an SD card reader. It's really simple. You have to be connected to your comp via the HotSync cable, and then you select "connect to desktop" from within the CardExport software on your Treo. Then, your Treo with show up as a device with removable storage under 'my computer' on your computer. Then you just have to select the files you want to add to your SD card, and that's that. If you want to use the songs as ringtones however, you'll need a third-party app like Ringo.
    Last edited by ShannonElements; 02/20/2006 at 05:01 AM.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?