Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Wow, thank ya'll so much for your suggestions.

I REALLY dig that Sena combo case.

I think I like it actually more than the Vaja case that costs twice as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    Perry will be along shortly to tell you all about the Dataviz Techtool to move Documents to Go to the SD card.

Check the thread SIX applications you couldn't do without for the Treo.

LOL

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

(Read the two sticky threads at the top of the 650 forum, as well !!

Enjoy the 650 !!

Cheers, Perry.
    Gtas Liv:

Lemme see what I can remember:

1. Check and see if you have latest ROM upgrade....if not install
    2. Regsiter at palm site bith the unit and in the referral club whatever it called.
    3. Get an SD card, suggest 2 GB from newegg.com
    4. Use it nakie (no programs) for a few days just to make sure everything OK.
    5. RTFM
    6. Get northglide's Uninstall Manager or an equivalent and install it as 1st program. This will track what files get installed with what program and make deleting thing yu decide you later don't want a breeze. Install only 1 program per HotSync.
    7. Suggest early adoption of cradle and headset. I use Palm cradle and Treo Wireless Headset with Jabra ear gel. A tennessee gal tho would look very cool in the Razrwires from oakley
    8. Ya read about dataviz tech tool above.
    9. Ya will need something to move porgrams to, and launch programs off the SD card. If ya like Palm UI, get PowerRUN from hacker-dude-san . Wnat skins and enough fetaures to keep ya busy for amonth, look at ZLauncher.
    10. Get a backup tool (BackUpBuddyVFS and other utilities...check out http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=909956
    11. Things I'd add first week after you've determned phone working fine:
    Directoy Assistant
    FlightStatus
    FileZ
    Metro
    VoiceDial
    TrackerDog
    PalmPuke
    STOIC
    e-reader
    MiniBar
    TipPro
    SoundRec
    All simple, little programs not likely to cause problems
    12. If you have Volume problems (seems these were more prevalent in earlier Sprint ROMS), check out VolumeCare
    13. After a month determine if you like the Palm provided programs. If ya want more, then ask around for that peeps use contacts replacemets, ringtones etc.. Personally, the only one I use is Time Manage Pad from Lil Red Spider to replace the calendar
    program.
    14. Treo Alarm gives wakes me up, turns phone and and off at morning / evening, grabs the weather and turnms phoen back on after a reset. It also got me a free copy of remote lock which you can use to lock ya treo if it gets loast / stolen.....not sure if offer still valid.
    15. Card Export II lets you read / write ya SD card from ya desktop via hotsync cable.
    16. Diet&Exercise Assistant great if you tracking workout progress or keeping healthy dietary habits.
    17. When ya reday for movies, TCPMP is da way to go.
    18. If ya into Treotunes, most replace Real w/ Ptunes.
    19. GPS and TomTom very cool (Sedio G2350S for GSM / G4850S for CDMA)
    20. Keep coming abck to Treo Central
  4. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My treo came in, I missed the delivery. That is so frustrating!

I am going to camp outside the post office at 4:30 hoping to aquire the package before they close.
    WTF happens if I poke you? And give me a reason to.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    WTF happens if I poke you? And give me a reason to.

I will break out in my Filipino Kung Fu...that is what happens if you poke me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liv
    I will break out in my Filipino Kung Fu...that is what happens if you poke me.
    You don't scare me...my Munkee mind tricks will negate your Kung-Fu grip!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You don't scare me...my Munkee mind tricks will negate your Kung-Fu grip!!

Yeah, but Filipino's eat Munkee - so I win.

Muah ah ah!
  9. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Gtas Liv:

Lemme see what I can remember:

1. Check and see if you have latest ROM upgrade....if not install
    2. Regsiter at palm site bith the unit and in the referral club whatever it called.
    3. Get an SD card, suggest 2 GB from newegg.com
    4. Use it nakie (no programs) for a few days just to make sure everything OK.
    5. RTFM
    6. Get northglide's Uninstall Manager or an equivalent and install it as 1st program. This will track what files get installed with what program and make deleting thing yu decide you later don't want a breeze. Install only 1 program per HotSync.
    7. Suggest early adoption of cradle and headset. I use Palm cradle and Treo Wireless Headset with Jabra ear gel. A tennessee gal tho would look very cool in the Razrwires from oakley
    8. Ya read about dataviz tech tool above.
    9. Ya will need something to move porgrams to, and launch programs off the SD card. If ya like Palm UI, get PowerRUN from hacker-dude-san . Wnat skins and enough fetaures to keep ya busy for amonth, look at ZLauncher.
    10. Get a backup tool (BackUpBuddyVFS and other utilities...check out http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=909956
    11. Things I'd add first week after you've determned phone working fine:
    Directoy Assistant
    FlightStatus
    FileZ
    Metro
    VoiceDial
    TrackerDog
    PalmPuke
    STOIC
    e-reader
    MiniBar
    TipPro
    SoundRec
    All simple, little programs not likely to cause problems
    12. If you have Volume problems (seems these were more prevalent in earlier Sprint ROMS), check out VolumeCare
    13. After a month determine if you like the Palm provided programs. If ya want more, then ask around for that peeps use contacts replacemets, ringtones etc.. Personally, the only one I use is Time Manage Pad from Lil Red Spider to replace the calendar
    program.
    14. Treo Alarm gives wakes me up, turns phone and and off at morning / evening, grabs the weather and turnms phoen back on after a reset. It also got me a free copy of remote lock which you can use to lock ya treo if it gets loast / stolen.....not sure if offer still valid.
    15. Card Export II lets you read / write ya SD card from ya desktop via hotsync cable.
    16. Diet&Exercise Assistant great if you tracking workout progress or keeping healthy dietary habits.
    17. When ya reday for movies, TCPMP is da way to go.
    18. If ya into Treotunes, most replace Real w/ Ptunes.
    19. GPS and TomTom very cool (Sedio G2350S for GSM / G4850S for CDMA)
    20. Keep coming abck to Treo Central

Jack, my sincerest and heartfelt thank you for writing this up for me. It means the world. I now have a great direction to go in when I maul the post office in a few minutes for my treo.
    You are evry welcome....we need updates tho. Since there's no new models, we need to live vicariously thru your OOBE, FWE, F2WE, FME etc.
  11. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    You are evry welcome....we need updates tho. Since there's no new models, we need to live vicariously thru your OOBE, FWE, F2WE, FME etc.
    Ha ha. I will definitely post an update. Just got back from the Post Office, going to have to go back in 45 minutes to try to maul the mail man.
    Enjoy, you will love it, there are more more palm programs than anythng else and of course this great site, take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Liv,

Did you get it yet?

I ordered mine wednesday and it's supposed to come by next Wednesday. I'm so excited.
  14. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Got it.

I love it.

Unfortunately have to turn around and sell it for the same price I got it for. My dog had some hefty Vet bills yesterday and I am strapped for cash. So unfortunately I am selling it now.

But, as soon as I can save more money and have some on hand I will be looking into getting one again. Hopefully for keeps.
    Just chiming in on how much fun you are about to have with your new Treo. I agree with the advice already given to read the forums. I can't agree loudly enough! I start my day every day with a review of new posts here, and it has made life with Treo very enjoyable.
    If you have questions, do a search first. Then if you don't find the answers don't be afraid to post it in the forum. We all benefit from questions and answers.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Liv,

Sorry to hear that. I hope your dog is ok.
  17. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thank Josh

He is much better now, we adopted him from a family who got him from a shady breeder. Gave him his first appointment and neuter and he ended up having so many health issues. All of them correctable thank God. But I am really really broke.
    Explain to the vet....but I will have to sell my Treo.....he will understand. Promise to give him $50 a month
  19. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Hee Hee, good idea Jack

I was able to get another one today. I should be getting it by Monday (I hope because I am leaving wednesday for a road trip and need it by then)

I just ordered a Magnesium case tonight. I am really excited about it. Seems to have a really good review and is the fast case I need for now. Should be getting that a day or so before I get the treo. Then I will be spending all day getting it ready for use.

I won't be able to buy any programs for it yet. Which really stinks. I have to save up for my road trip.

Anyone know of any free programs that I should get? Is there a such thing as a free good program?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    you poor soul... want to add a 3.5 mm audio jack?
    SURE!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast