1. tcv
    Hi folks,

I'm trying to help a friend set up a DUN connection between a VAIO TX650P and a Treo 650. Right now, I'm very close, it seems. I can discover the device and it shows that the Dial-Up Networking service is available, but when I try to continue, it says, "Connection Failed."

Then I see threads on here in which patches are being written for Sprint and Bluetooth?

I'm a little confused. Should this work at all?
    No, the patches were being discussed prior to the latest firmware released by Sprint when they had not yet enables DUN. With the latest firmware, you do not need to use the patched BT manager and should be able to set it up out the box...

FYI, if you still cannot make it work, there are 3rd party apps like pdanet that make it easy for you...

http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. tcv
    Thanks. I understand, though, that even with the profiles in place, it still can be quite flaky. Is that accurate?
    TCV,

I have a bluetooth enabled laptop and have NEVER been able to get it to work with my sprint 650 no matter how many times I try, yet other bluetooth products work well with the laptop. I gave up and put out the money and got the product by JuneFabrics that gaurav referred to above. It worked seamlessly. The only problem with the pdaNet is that it is incompatable with Ptunes and it will nag you disable the pdaNet. If you need music and connectivity simultaneously this will not work for you.

Regards,

Jim
    Several months ago I tried out PDANet, and I could NEVER get it to work. Maybe I'd look into it a little more, but I've decided it's pretty much unnecessary.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Shannon,

Did you have the version that was specific for the 650? For a time the initial release was only compatable with the 600 which I also had good success.

Regards,

Jim
    I don't think it was necessarily SPECIFIC for the 650, but I believe it featured 650 support. Maybe I need to go back and try it out again...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Would suggest before making investments, look at this thread to be aware of what the agreement with your carrier might say.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106657
    All,

I have an unlimited data plan with Sprint and have had no problems. Shannon, the Treo 650 specific PDANet supports DUN over bluetooth as well as USB. I had the previous version for the 600 and there is no discount for the upgrade. I find that it works well and does not cause any problems.

Regards,

Jim
    I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I have had to set this up twice (once on a windows machine, then again when I switched to mac). Both times it was a pain, but once I worked through the bugs it was worth the effort. Everyonce in a while I need to do a soft reset (if I leave it connected too long or some other random thing), but overall it is great. Very few problems.